Can't switch back to LTE with Phone Info...

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Don't know what the issue is. Switched to CDMA auto (prl) earlier, and now it won't stick with LTE/CDMA/EvDo..

Either that or LTE is just down or something... Or I no longer get LTE signals in this room of my house now, which was fine before.

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to have 4G/LTE on this phone. Anyone know why this is? Top right it shows me 3G the whole time despite what I choose....

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When I first got the phone from the store it was stuck on 3g. Tried changing those settings but no go. But after I rebooted I was able to get lte back. Have you tried to reboot?

A side note, I notice my note 2 is not picking up lte signal as good as my jetpack. My jetpack shows lte in most areas of my house, but my note 2 is mostly stuck on 3g. Any clue whats up or just that it has a weaker antenna?

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I first got the phone from the store it was stuck on 3g. Tried changing those settings but no go. But after I rebooted I was able to get lte back. Have you tried to reboot?

A side note, I notice my note 2 is not picking up lte signal as good as my jetpack. My jetpack shows lte in most areas of my house, but my note 2 is mostly stuck on 3g. Any clue whats up or just that it has a weaker antenna?
lol Can't believe I didn't attempt that..fixed thank you.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I rebooted it once and no luck. Perfect 3G reception, but I've yet to get LTE back since messing with the phone info settings. It worked fine in store, and I have had good lte reception in most of my house before.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Fixed!

For some reason, the system got set so that CDMA auto was the preferred setting. Had to go into System Settings --> More Settings --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode and set the preferred network to CDMA/LTE/EVDO.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
toggle airplane mode on off?

My friend bought an N2 today right after i did, he called me and said "you dont have data while on the phone" I said, uhhh I do. Apparently when they were setting up his phone(activating it) some settings got messed up. He finally got it straightened out.

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Fixed!

For some reason, the system got set so that CDMA auto was the preferred setting. Had to go into System Settings --> More Settings --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode and set the preferred network to CDMA/LTE/EVDO.
I have mine set at 'global'

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair