YouTube won't work with Multi Window?

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
It does suck, but I think we'll get it with the first update we get. No idea why they disabled/forgot/whatever them but they benefit in no way from it, so hopefully we'll see it soon:)

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i checked out the demo today and couldnt figure out how to make any of the apps work in the multi window view . can somebody at least tell me what apps will actually work ?

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's kinda disappointing. The only apps in there are Email (not gmail :( ), Gallery, Internet, Messaging, Polaris Office, S Note, and Video Player.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed super video and it added itself to the multiview bar, so it appears that some apps just need to be coded to support it.

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if someone could pull the Youtube and other missing multi-window apps from a different version of the phone (International or another carrier) and we could slap that on our phones and have them work in multi-window?

If I recall correctly, it only takes about one or two lines of code to make your app recognized by multi-window.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
it works on the other carrier varients and the international version

Stop lying. I called Samsung and they said apps like YouTube, Gmail and maps aren't supported yet, but will be in the future. They also went on to say Verizon did not disable any apps for that feature.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
He isn't lying.

Galaxy Note 2 multi-window - YouTube

At around 1:04 in that video (and in the still preview frame), you can see the Youtube icon in the multi-window app list. The person demo-ing it actually clicks on and opens up Youtube in multi-window, as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the Note tablet didn't have those apps listed at launch, but there's a decent chance it's getting those apps added in its JB update with the other multi-window features.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Stop lying. I called Samsung and they said apps like YouTube, Gmail and maps aren't supported yet, but will be in the future. They also went on to say Verizon did not disable any apps for that feature.

I have the International Unlocked GN2 (running on Straight Talk as a test), YouTube, gmail, twitter, facebook, chrome and others are supported in multiview. I picked up the VZW GN2 today and noticed they don't support those, I am taking it back tomorrow. If you are are willing to wait for an update from Verizon, plan on it being a long while. Sorry VZW, this was it for me, your bloatware, lack of vendor provided support, battery life and slow updates...I think I am done.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Ask for proof instead of calling someone a liar. I don't care if it was Samsung or Verizons fault, they held the release of this phone for ovef a month, and yes we did get multi-window but a semi crippled version. I think in a month they. could've figured that out. Oh wait, nevermind, thdy were too busy printing their logo on the home button.

Hopefully they update this pbone faster and more often than they did with my Gnex.