Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default YouTube won't work with Multi Window?

How do you get YouTube to work with Multi Window? It's not in the apps tray.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: YouTube won't work with Multi Window?

You can't Verizon disabled it
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

You serious? Damn...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Do you have proof of this?

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PrisonedMuffin View Post
    Do you have proof of this?
    it works on the other carrier varients and the international version

Will we ever be getting it?
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Not even maps is compatible with Multi Window! What the hell?!

Hopefully they just had bugs and we will end up getting them later.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Wow. This makes no sense whatsoever.

It does suck, but I think we'll get it with the first update we get. No idea why they disabled/forgot/whatever them but they benefit in no way from it, so hopefully we'll see it soon
    mrxblue likes this.

i checked out the demo today and couldnt figure out how to make any of the apps work in the multi window view . can somebody at least tell me what apps will actually work ?

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing. The only apps in there are Email (not gmail ), Gallery, Internet, Messaging, Polaris Office, S Note, and Video Player.

I installed super video and it added itself to the multiview bar, so it appears that some apps just need to be coded to support it.

I wonder if someone could pull the Youtube and other missing multi-window apps from a different version of the phone (International or another carrier) and we could slap that on our phones and have them work in multi-window?

If I recall correctly, it only takes about one or two lines of code to make your app recognized by multi-window.

You can use YouTube through the browser and it will work with multi Window feature.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    it works on the other carrier varients and the international version
    Stop lying. I called Samsung and they said apps like YouTube, Gmail and maps aren't supported yet, but will be in the future. They also went on to say Verizon did not disable any apps for that feature.

He isn't lying.

At around 1:04 in that video (and in the still preview frame), you can see the Youtube icon in the multi-window app list. The person demo-ing it actually clicks on and opens up Youtube in multi-window, as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the Note tablet didn't have those apps listed at launch, but there's a decent chance it's getting those apps added in its JB update with the other multi-window features.
    Thanked by:
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    Stop lying. I called Samsung and they said apps like YouTube, Gmail and maps aren't supported yet, but will be in the future. They also went on to say Verizon did not disable any apps for that feature.

I have the International Unlocked GN2 (running on Straight Talk as a test), YouTube, gmail, twitter, facebook, chrome and others are supported in multiview. I picked up the VZW GN2 today and noticed they don't support those, I am taking it back tomorrow. If you are are willing to wait for an update from Verizon, plan on it being a long while. Sorry VZW, this was it for me, your bloatware, lack of vendor provided support, battery life and slow updates...I think I am done.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
    NHBass39 and mrxblue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post

Ask for proof instead of calling someone a liar. I don't care if it was Samsung or Verizons fault, they held the release of this phone for ovef a month, and yes we did get multi-window but a semi crippled version. I think in a month they. could've figured that out. Oh wait, nevermind, thdy were too busy printing their logo on the home button.

Hopefully they update this pbone faster and more often than they did with my Gnex.
    Thanked by:

I have an unlocked version and it does work.

This has to be a joke...right?

The whole reason I wanted this phone was because of the multi-view features. It was the phone's main selling point for me. Why the hell would they remove it!?
    infmethod likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tcapote View Post
    I have the International Unlocked GN2 (running on Straight Talk as a test), YouTube, gmail, twitter, facebook, chrome and others are supported in multiview. I picked up the VZW GN2 today and noticed they don't support those, I am taking it back tomorrow. If you are are willing to wait for an update from Verizon, plan on it being a long while. Sorry VZW, this was it for me, your bloatware, lack of vendor provided support, battery life and slow updates...I think I am done.
    I am really bothered by the bloat. I also hate that the email app won't retrieve my emails older than 2 weeks even though I have it set to retrieve the last month or 100 emails.
    I don't believe Verizon did anything to the multiview simply because of my previous post.
    Just because it works elsewhere doesn't mean Verizon blocked it. It could very well just need to be updated.
    Of course being on Verizon, we all know how long that can take.
    When my contract ends in August, I'm going to have to leave Verizon.

Edit: On xda someone is claiming they spoke with both Samsung and Verizon and they were told the multiview on Verizon's note 2 does need an update to add those missing apps.
    They went on to say that it is rumored that the update is coming in January.
    Knowing we only have 14 days for returns, and Verizon's track record with updates, I have two choices.
    If root is acquired within the next 13 days I'll probably keep it. If not, I have no choice but to return it.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

tisk tisk
    typical behavior from "joe the insider"

joe, you need to get over the fact that your company is the worst carrier out there in terms of customer relations
    the only reason why verizon is still alive is because of their network

thank you tari and infmethod for pointing out that I was in fact correct!!!

everyone, its issues like this that make root an absolute necessity!!!
    the note 2 is an amazing device but we have to go in and clean up this sh*t from verizon
    Thanked by 2:
    infmethod likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    tisk tisk
    typical behavior from "joe the insider"

joe, you need to get over the fact that your company is the worst carrier out there in terms of customer relations
    the only reason why verizon is still alive is because of their network

thank you tari and infmethod for pointing out that I was in fact correct!!!

everyone, its issues like this that make root an absolute necessity!!!
    the note 2 is an amazing device but we have to go in and clean up this sh*t from verizon
    I have to agree with him, Verizon is the worst, excluding network. That's saying a lot coming from Sprint as I was just under a year ago. My Galaxy Nexus, which is supposed to be the most pure version of Android, has barely been updated. I am not someone that roots a phone often, but I had to with that just to get Jelly Bean on there. The wait was insane for it being a Nexus device.

Not too big of a deal. Just use the web browser option, and access Youtube.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast