Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Re: Obligatory battery life thread

I don't know about everyone else, this phone has been one of the best I've had straight out of the box. Samsung has done an incredible job on this thing in my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

I love this. This is with GPS and an good stuff like that always on. Brightness always at about 75%.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Obligatory battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1354589840175.jpg   Obligatory battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1354589852885.jpg  
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

I feel like I was expecting better battery life honestly. For me it doesn't last a whole day but, as you can see, with 6.5hrs screen on time on mostly wifi I guess I am getting normal battery life. Brightness @ 40%

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I was expecting a little better battery life to be honest. It is better than my s3 was...but not shabby overall.
    I have the 4g turned off...wifi on most of the time. Question: I wonder if leaving the 4g on is more efficient now with this exynos chip. I should give that a try.
    I'm at 17 hrs on...and 46%. Screen on time of 3 hr 35 min.

I've yet to have consistent battery life, but my usage varies so much from day to day especially at the start now having only had it for a few days. But even my worst day so far has been way longer than I've ever had with a phone.

My first day I had 19 hours with 6 hours screen on time.

The weekend wasn't as good. But today I'm back up there.. almost 19 hours with 4:30 screen on, and I actually still have 18% left but I'm about to plug it in.

I effin love this phone!!

I'm digging it so far. Can't beat it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Obligatory battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1354603391840.jpg   Obligatory battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1354603405877.jpg  
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I"m getting about 5 hours of screen on time by the time it hits 20%, always on LTE (at which time I swap out for a fresh battery from the Samsung spare battery charger). So depending on how much I use the phone, I can go at least 24 hours between charges. Once I settle into a normal usage pattern though (1-2 hours screen on time), it'll most likely be once every 2-3 days. Awesome!
    Loving the battery life on this phone! In particular how little battery it uses when in standby even when always on LTE. Only lost 10% over the last 13 hours when it was mostly in standby. Currently at 40 hours of uptime, one hour of voice calls and one hour screen on time and still at 70% left!

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lasting me ALL day and not b dropping below 50% as of yet! Loving it!

Loving the battery life on this phone! In particular how little battery it uses when in standby even when always on LTE. Only lost 10% over the last 13 hours when it was mostly in standby. Currently at 40 hours of uptime, one hour of voice calls and one hour screen on time and still at 70% left!
    Wow how are you getting such good battery. Right now I have 1 hour screen time and 12 hours up and am at 75%.

This thing is downright amazing. Unreal battery life. Eat that Iphone.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Obligatory battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1354676725476.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
    Wow how are you getting such good battery. Right now I have 1 hour screen time and 12 hours up and am at 75%.
    The biggest help is probably that I'm surrounded by strong signal (home or work and in between) which keeps the phone from having to work very hard to stay connected (it's always locked on LTE). Otherwise, I go into every setting on the phone and tweak things to turn things off or disable unneeded stuff (see below). Also highly minimize what's syncing; only have BeWeather every three hours and one GMail account (e-mail ONLY).

Other things that probably help extend my battery life:
    - GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi are always off (occasionally use GPS for navigation but turn it off when done)
    - Only use Google location services
    - Turn off haptic feedback (vibrate) everywhere (some are in specific app settings)
    - Turn off screen touch sounds
    - No live wallpaper
    - Screen timeout set to 30 seconds and using auto brightness
    - Smart stay off (so the phone isn't actively using the front facing camera to determine if I'm looking at it)
    - Motion controls turned off
    - Turn on battery saving option under S-Pen settings
    - NFC and S Beam off (don't use em)
    - Disabled a bunch of bloatware (see my post here)
    - Google Play - turn off Auto-update apps so nothing updates without my intervention (minimizes using system resources)

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I leave pretty much everything on. I unplugged my phone at 6:00am and have spotty coverage since I travel throughout California and Arizona borders. I have used the phone all day. Right now I am at 27% for battery level, it's about 8:30pm I will be able to get another couple of hours out of the battery.

So I'm happy with the performance. I didn't get this type of performance out of the Maxx either.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

The biggest help is probably that I'm surrounded by strong signal (home or work and in between) which keeps the phone from having to work very hard to stay connected (it's always locked on LTE). Otherwise, I go into every setting on the phone and tweak things to turn things off or disable unneeded stuff (see below). Also highly minimize what's syncing; only have BeWeather every three hours and one GMail account (e-mail ONLY).

Other things that probably help extend my battery life:
    - GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi are always off (occasionally use GPS for navigation but turn it off when done)
    - Only use Google location services
    - Turn off haptic feedback (vibrate) everywhere (some are in specific app settings)
    - Turn off screen touch sounds
    - No live wallpaper
    - Screen timeout set to 30 seconds and using auto brightness
    - Smart stay off (so the phone isn't actively using the front facing camera to determine if I'm looking at it)
    - Motion controls turned off
    - Turn on battery saving option under S-Pen settings
    - NFC and S Beam off (don't use em)
    - Disabled a bunch of bloatware (see my post here)
    - Google Play - turn off Auto-update apps so nothing updates without my intervention (minimizes using system resources)
    You know my phone stays charged two days with 6 hours screen time easily so I'll just leave everything on. I just worry still because my motorola droid couldn't last through the day with over 30 minutes of use so I'm still kind of on that schedule.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone hitting 5+ hours of screen on time on one charge that was less than 24 hours, can complain.

I mean the average human sleeps for 8 hours alright, so out of a 24 hour chunk of time that means you should be awake for 16 hours precisely. 5 hours of screen on time is nearly 1/3rd of your waking life spent staring at your screen.... holy sh!7. No comment...
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Not sure ir gets better than this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Obligatory battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1354738233936.jpg  

Ok, one last post: currently at 3 days, 30 minutes (72.5 hours) of uptime, 3 hours screen on time (and 1.5 hours voice calls) and still at 35% battery! To top it off, have a fully charged spare battery sitting in the Samsung spare battery charger; swap it out and go, no tethering to a cord waiting for a charge. Priceless!

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 0.6.2

I was getting great battery life on wifi, I thought maybe on 4g it would be terrible.

So yesterday I charged it all the way up, turned wifi off and ran it all the way down using it quite a bit. It's fantastic as you can see. Even if some of it was over night while I was asleep.

Over 17 hours on my 1st full charge. I'm impressed! Obligatory battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1354846330357.jpg

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2!

Holy crap.. Juice Defender takes the already great battery life to amazing levels.

The last two days it has been really bad odd enough. I downloaded beautiful widgets and assumed that was the culprit. Deleted it today and will see how it is tomorrow.
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3

Does this mean I am getting a weak signal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12