Whats the best browser?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Photon browser allows me to watch hulu.com clips. Have to be sure to change user agent to something other than Android in settings. Kind of buggy though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Chrome but I honestly have not tried others except stock browser. There are so many things I have not tried on this phone it is mind boggling.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

kylebellamy

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
One of the things I like about the stock browser is it's easy to change your User Agent so if something isn't working right on a site or you want the full version of the site, you can switch to Desktop and the server will deliver you to that version of the code. Also has iPhone, iPad and several flavors of Android OS if you need them.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I like about the stock browser is it's easy to change your User Agent so if something isn't working right on a site or you want the full version of the site, you can switch to Desktop and the server will deliver you to that version of the code. Also has iPhone, iPad and several flavors of Android OS if you need them.

I don't think my stock browser does any of that except the desktop view. Lucky you guys.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that the stock browser, after I downloaded Flash, does everything. There really isn't any site that i haven't been able to use, via the stock. I have Chrome because I feel like I'm supposed to have it, and I use Dolphin Beta when I want to zoom in on some text and have it fit to screen (one of the few things stock doesn't do).

I am very impressed with the stock browser.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used Dolphin for over a year. I used to like Boat and Mirren too but nowadays I use Firefox. I did not like it when it first came out but now it has come a long way and is now my favorite browser - with PC sync and last pass. Chrome is still very good too, especially since it syncs with my tablet as well.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Chrome is still very good too, especially since it syncs with my tablet as well.
I believe firefox syncs over all devices as well, tablet included
One of the things I like about the stock browser is it's easy to change your User Agent so if something isn't working right on a site or you want the full version of the site.
I believe firefox for android does that too, there is also a addon called "phony" that can change UA to a lot of specific strings, including iOS, android, desktop, etc.

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the fact that Chrome doesn't support flash. Even once you have installed it on the phone. I use Chrome for my day to day things, but if I know that I am going to a page with embedded video (that is probably flash) then I use the stock browser.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the fact that Chrome doesn't support flash. Even once you have installed it on the phone. I use Chrome for my day to day things, but if I know that I am going to a page with embedded video (that is probably flash) then I use the stock browser.

I have Dolphin Beta and chrome and I also have flash installed but I hate that I can't see the videos on Espn anymore. How do I go back to the stock browser?

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Wait a minute, I do still use the stock browser but it still won't do the ESPN videos. It always says I need Adobe Flash even though I do have it installed. Oh well.