Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  • 2 Post By pool_shark
  • 1 Post By jlgraham
  • 1 Post By superlawyer15
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By snookasnoo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Don't want to troll these forums, but wanted to link to a petition I started to let Verizon know that the removal of features from their version of the Note 2 is absurd:

    Please sign if you want to get your frustrations heard:
    https://www.change.org/petitions/ver...ot-included-2#
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    What was removed might be helpful in your petition

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    ToddL likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    What was removed might be helpful in your petition

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

    Fixed!
  4. #4  
    NickA's Avatar

    Posts
    1,423 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by coryteague View Post
    Don't want to troll these forums, but wanted to link to a petition I started to let Verizon know that the removal of features from their version of the Note 2 is absurd:
    No offense, but I think your petition is absurd. Come on dude, you have the right to get any phone on any carrier you want. No one is forcing you to get the Note 2 on VZW.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    No offense, but I think your petition is absurd. Come on dude, you have the right to get any phone on any carrier you want. No one is forcing you to get the Note 2 on VZW.
    Which is why when my contract expires I'm leaving Verizon behind.
    DaRkL3AD3R and sudbury78 like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Agreed, the best way to tell them how you feel would be to not buy the phone in the first place. After you give them the money, they don't care.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    No offense, but I think your petition is absurd. Come on dude, you have the right to get any phone on any carrier you want. No one is forcing you to get the Note 2 on VZW.
    Can't agree with this. I get that people can choose the carrier that they use.... But it's BS to take away from a device from one carrier to the other. It's Samsung's fault really though for allowing such practices to happen.
  8. #8  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    the only real hope we have is if the FCC or FTC step up and smack Verizon in the mouth
    chevyman29 likes this.
  9. #9  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,730 Global Posts

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by jlgraham View Post
    Agreed, the best way to tell them how you feel would be to not buy the phone in the first place. After you give them the money, they don't care.
    This guy gets it.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    mrxblue likes this.
  10. #10  
    NickA's Avatar

    Posts
    1,423 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    Can't agree with this. I get that people can choose the carrier that they use.... But it's BS to take away from a device from one carrier to the other. It's Samsung's fault really though for allowing such practices to happen.
    I hear what you are saying. I guess being a long time VZW customer I'm just used to it. From the Fascinate Bing/bloat/lack of update fiasco, to my GNex not getting updated in a timely manner. I'm switching back and forth between my GNex on VZW and a Lumia 920 on AT&T. So far so good with AT&T, and no bloat on the phone.
  11. #11  
    ToddL's Avatar

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    1. I don't use email and calendar widgets (aren't there other apps for that?)
    2. I don't have anyone stalking me, so no need for blocking mode (aren't there other apps for that?)
    3. Isn't the Wifi thing is a general Note 2 issue, not a VZW thing, right?
    4. I guess that leaves the multi-screen issue. I'm not sure if I feel strongly enough about that to sign a petition, sorry.
  12. #12  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd_L View Post
    1. I don't use email and calendar widgets (aren't there other apps for that?)
    2. I don't have anyone stalking me, so no need for blocking mode (aren't there other apps for that?)
    3. Isn't the Wifi thing is a general Note 2 issue, not a VZW thing, right?
    4. I guess that leaves the multi-screen issue. I'm not sure if I feel strongly enough about that to sign a petition, sorry.
    The wifi notification is on all vzw devices, really annoying.

    Having said that and having read what is missing, stupid petition is stupid.

    Nothing there is critical

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    No offense, but I think your petition is absurd. Come on dude, you have the right to get any phone on any carrier you want. No one is forcing you to get the Note 2 on VZW.
    He is a customer paying money. He has every right to complain.
    Verizon makes a habit of walking all over Android customers because Google and the Android manufacturers let them.
    Too bad none of them tell Verizon to stuff it as Apple does.
    Thanked by:
    mrxblue likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    Quote Originally Posted by jlgraham View Post
    Agreed, the best way to tell them how you feel would be to not buy the phone in the first place. After you give them the money, they don't care.
    Amen
  15. #15  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: Online Petition to Tell Verizon How We Feel:

    There is nothing wrong with someone trying to make a statement to Verizon about things they do that has an impact on the device(s) they want to use. Why should we have to leave the carrier with the best overall coverage and service because they bend you over, yet we should leave for that reason but we will suffer either way.

Similar Threads

  1. The Answer How To Tell If Verizon Sent You A Refurbished Handset..
    By AndroidXTC in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. Petition to get Verizon to stop blocking Google Wallet
    By therevbob in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 03:02 AM
  3. How to tether Verizon Droid Eris to Mac via bluetooth or USB
    By anti_gravity99 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 01:44 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 12:32 AM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions