1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How's the radio's?

I had a galaxy nexus but the radio's weren't sitting enough to keep the phone I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they are improved on the Note 2?

Default Re: How's the radio's?

Radios are better than the Galaxy Nexus. I had LOTS of problems with the radios when I first got my Galaxy Nexus...the last 2 OTA's really had made it better.

I can say that the radios in the Note 2 are better.

With one exception. The WIFI strength is a bit weaker than what my nexus was.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr View Post
    Radios are better than the Galaxy Nexus. I had LOTS of problems with the radios when I first got my Galaxy Nexus...the last 2 OTA's really had made it better.

I can say that the radios in the Note 2 are better.

With one exception. The WIFI strength is a bit weaker than what my nexus was.

My Gnex radios worked very well. N2 radios seem as good or better minus wifi. Seems a little lower when I do speed tests.

Just got it and love it. I had a lot of doped calls in the house with the Galaxy S3. I would switch to my Motorola Bionic if I wanted to make calls. Much better connections with the note II equal to the bionic.

Mine Seems just as good as my old Motorola droid.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    My Gnex radios worked very well. N2 radios seem as good or better minus wifi. Seems a little lower when I do speed tests.
    I have been doing speed tests for the last ten mins , downloads speeds were the same or a bit faster than my nexus and upload speeds were double that of the nexus so i wouldnt agree about it being slower
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have the rezound and would like a comparison with that if anyone had the ability to do so? The rezound was so much better than the nexus so I'm hoping the note 2 is about as good as the rezound.

I have both. Rezound still gets better reception, though I haven't had any problems getting a signal with the Note 2 . Certainly not a deal breaker.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Its not so much signal strength as how it holds on to 4G. That is my only gripe with my S3 if your in a strong 4G area all is well. when you get to the fringe areas or not so strong 4G is where the radios come into play. There are times when I no I am in a 4G area and my S3 says 3G. You have to either wait 5 minutes or force it by going in and out of airplane mode. This is not just my phone it is the Radios (Modems). Has any tested it this way? Thanks

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I Personally have better signal with SN2 then I did with the DNA by htc..

Quote Originally Posted by cknaack View Post
    I Personally have better signal with SN2 then I did with the DNA by htc..
    Thats good to hear how is she at holding onto 4G

Surprisingly enough I seem to get about the same reception on my N2 that I did on my iphone 5. I really expected the note 2 to have worse reception but it seems to be okay so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I had a GNexus for a few days and kept dropping 4G and even 3G in my basement and I switched to an Razr Maxx and now I have 4G all the time. In the past year has Samsung improved enough? I am in a fringe area(so I've been told) but the Maxx has keep running strong.

I'm considering switching to the Maxx HD or the Note 2 not the DNA since I cannot expand the storage. But 4G only works when the antenna works well.

Quote Originally Posted by terpdog View Post
    I had a GNexus for a few days and kept dropping 4G and even 3G in my basement and I switched to an Razr Maxx and now I have 4G all the time. In the past year has Samsung improved enough? I am in a fringe area(so I've been told) but the Maxx has keep running strong.

I'm considering switching to the Maxx HD or the Note 2 not the DNA since I cannot expand the storage. But 4G only works when the antenna works well.
    I have strong sig here at home but not good in summer home in WI. Or at least while traveling back and forth. S3 is good but not as good as Motoor Htc products. So why dont you get one and let me no lol. Seriously Im looking at the Mighty Maxx myself. The note is so much neater though but if it doesnt work whats the point. Im so confused

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Scervino View Post
    I have strong sig here at home but not good in summer home in WI. Or at least while traveling back and forth. S3 is good but not as good as Motoor Htc products. So why dont you get one and let me no lol. Seriously Im looking at the Mighty Maxx myself. The note is so much neater though but if it doesnt work whats the point. Im so confused
    That is why I went with the Maxx before but was wondering if it has gotten any better in the last year.