Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tari
  • 1 Post By Tari
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to go back to unlimited data?

So I bought my Note 2 at Verizon yesterday and I was forced to switch to the Share Everything plan. Now I have to share 4GB of data with my dad (who now has my iPhone 4S). I keep hearing about a way to keep it by getting a "dumb phone" or something like that. Is there still a way to get my unlimited data back? I can still return the phone. I hope I'm not too late...

Global Posts
    4,540 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How to go back to unlimited data?

If you upgraded on your unlimited line (meaning to bought it at the $299 price and not the $699), then your screwed. You may be able to return the phone in the 14 day window and get it back, but I'm sure you''ll face some hurdles. The only way to keep unlimited data on a line is to pay full price.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    If you upgraded on your unlimited line (meaning to bought it at the $299 price and not the $699), then your screwed. You may be able to return the phone in the 14 day window and get it back, but I'm sure you''ll face some hurdles. The only way to keep unlimited data on a line is to pay full price.
    this. VZW is working hard to force everyone onto their limited plans, once they get you off that unlimited line then I would be ready for one hell of a fight to get it back. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Yeah, at this point you are too late. They already got you.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

If you return the phone within the 14-day window, you can get unlimited back. I actually tested this with a GS3 a month and a half ago. Returned it after 8 or 9 days after swapping to a 5GB plan from my unlimited, then returned it and swapped back.

The store can't do the swap back to unlimited for you, though, if I recall correctly. You'll have to call in to Verizon and request it. Not sure what the number or the dial code was for that, though. Store reps might be able to tell you.

Other than returning the phone and starting over, though, there's no way to change your plan back to an unlimited one now.
    DroidXcon and awiz like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

What? I would have loved to buy it at full price but that would be WAY too expensive, not to mention that now I'll be stuck with this for 2 years, so I won't be able to buy the Galaxy S4 or the Galaxy Note 3 when they come out.

Wonder if I should return this and switch to Sprint while I still can. Problem is is that there isn't nearly as much 4G LTE coverage as Verizon has, which, while it's available in my area, I'm going to Phoenix during winter break, and Phoenix doesn't have any Sprint 4G LTE at all. It also may not be as fast as Verizon. Then again, if I switch to Sprint, the Multi Window feature won't be as limited as the Verizon version, so I can watch YouTube and browse Chrome or check my Gmail at the same time without worrying about going over the data cap because I'd have unlimited, which I can't do on the Verizon version. I can also root the Sprint Note and remove the bIoatware to save space for apps, since the bootIoader isn't locked. I can even flash a ROM that would allow me to use Multi Window with all my apps. I'd also get updates sooner. But coverage is still a concern.

I have no clue what to do...

I'd be surprised if the Verizon version didn't get rooted and have similar roms available soon.

Anyway, you can still use the dumb phone method, you'd just have to return the phone and get your unlimited back, first. You can check around on the forums for info on how the dumb phone method works.

You'd still be paying more than the upfront on-contract price of the phone, though.
    awiz likes this.

Why leave verizon just for sprint unlimited? They are horrible to their customers and their coverage is not decent. Phx has great coverage on Verizon I am in Cave Creek. Perfection

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Why leave verizon just for sprint unlimited? They are horrible to their customers and their coverage is not decent. Phx has great coverage on Verizon I am in Cave Creek. Perfection

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    As a current sprint customer I agree the coverage is horrible 3g speeds are terrible a lot of empty promises from sprint about LTE/Wimax rollout but in my experience sprints customer service is top of the line

Sent from my PC36100

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Definitely read Tari's posts carefully. It sounds like it's worth trying if you're within the return period, especially if you and/or your dad needs an extra dumbphone line for some reason. (Read the other Verizon "unlimited" threads.)

Did you upgrade on your unlimited line or another line?

If you upgraded on another line then swapped the note to the unlimited line and that iphone to the other line, you should have retained unlimited.

If you were upgrading the unlimited line, you should have transferred that upgrade to the other line which would let you keep unlimited.

Now as for the line that your dads iphone is on, it's going to lose unlimited no matter what and be forced on a 2gb minimum tiered data plan.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!