Major Issue Here

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
y4eqydu6.jpg

My phone has been working flawlessly and now it says I have no service. See the attached picture next to the battery percentage where theres a little circle with line through it. I dont know what happened. I downloaded an app called phone info hoping that I could use it to turn off 4g bit it was too basic for my liking so I deleted it. Now the phone said no service almost immediately after downloading that app and so I deleted the app and I am still without cellular service! A message also keeps popping up on my phone saying "refreshing sim data." This is just really bad here everyone and I don't know what to do!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Do a factory reset with the SIM card out of the phone. Boot up. Put the SIM card into the phone.

If that doesn't fix it, you are either:

A) In a temporary dead zone. Life is random and !@#$ happens. Maybe service is out in your area? Unless you can confirm on another phone that it's fine, who knows.

B) You need a new SIM card and re-activate.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Do a factory reset with the SIM card out of the phone. Boot up. Put the SIM card into the phone.

If that doesn't fix it, you are either:

A) In a temporary dead zone. Life is random and !@#$ happens. Maybe service is out in your area? Unless you can confirm on another phone that it's fine, who knows.

B) You need a new SIM card and re-activate.

Is it possible that this issue is a result of the "phone info" app I downloaded? It's supposed to let you turn off 4g but pretty much as soon as I downloaded and opened it, I lost service. I didn't touch anything on it at all.

lilmoney30#WN

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Those apps don't work with Verizon 4G sims. You will need to get your sim replaced. Tell them you have been getting sim errors. They will replace it for free no questions assked.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Those apps don't work with Verizon 4G sims. You will need to get your sim replaced. Tell them you have been getting sim errors. They will replace it for free no questions assked.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

So my SIM card is toast then? That stinks! I wish a Verizon store was open right now in my area. Guess I'm reactivating the Thunderbolt.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh God, unless you desperately need service in the next 12 hours I could never go back to the Thunderbolt after having the Note 2 in my possession lol I'm still sitting on this crappy Thunderbolt until I can add 2 lines and order the phones at discount for my primaries, so it's still a few days away for me. But man having used the Note 2 in person I can say for sure I will never ever re-activate my old Thunderjunks ever again.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So my SIM card is toast then? That stinks! I wish a Verizon store was open right now in my area. Guess I'm reactivating the Thunderbolt.

Be sure to post the results of the new SIM card. And it sucks!!

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to change your network settings? Should be under Settings -> More Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -Change it from global to LTE/CDMA, then reboot the phone. See if that forces it back on.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Be sure to post the results of the new SIM card. And it sucks!!

I did a full factory reset on the phone and its back to normal! No new SIM needed but I must stress to everyone the following: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE "PHONE INFO" APP!! Unless you enjoy heartattacks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I did a full factory reset on the phone and its back to normal! No new SIM needed but I must stress to everyone the following: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE "PHONE INFO" APP!! Unless you enjoy heartattacks.

I am sure this will happen again, thanks for the info. Glad you are back up and running

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Always get a new SIM when you get a new phone. Its better for the device. They are free

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Yep. The Phone Info app isn't compatible with the 4G LTE SIM's on Verizon. I agree on your warning to stay away from it. Glad your phone is working now. :)

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you to everyone who quickly dashed to help me fix this issue! This community the best there is. I put up a warning here in the Verizon forums to help others as well.

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I find it very hard to believe that the phone info app doesn't work for verizon 4g LTE sim cards considering I use the app without a problem on my wife's S3.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I find it very hard to believe that the phone info app doesn't work for verizon 4g LTE sim cards considering I use the app without a problem on my wife's S3.

As soon as I installed it and switched off 4g it immediately killed all radios and services except wifi. It may not be because of the SIM card though. Possibly it's Note 2 specific.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie