Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Major Issue Here



    My phone has been working flawlessly and now it says I have no service. See the attached picture next to the battery percentage where theres a little circle with line through it. I dont know what happened. I downloaded an app called phone info hoping that I could use it to turn off 4g bit it was too basic for my liking so I deleted it. Now the phone said no service almost immediately after downloading that app and so I deleted the app and I am still without cellular service! A message also keeps popping up on my phone saying "refreshing sim data." This is just really bad here everyone and I don't know what to do!

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Pull battery? Pull sim? Hard reset? Good luck man!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    Pull battery? Pull sim? Hard reset? Good luck man!
    Already tried that and it didn't work. I feel like the phone is already messed up now! Any other thoughts?

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Do a factory reset with the SIM card out of the phone. Boot up. Put the SIM card into the phone.

    If that doesn't fix it, you are either:

    A) In a temporary dead zone. Life is random and !@#$ happens. Maybe service is out in your area? Unless you can confirm on another phone that it's fine, who knows.

    B) You need a new SIM card and re-activate.
    chuckawd likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Already tried that and it didn't work. I feel like the phone is already messed up now! Any other thoughts?

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    In settings it says out of service and network unknown also.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Do a factory reset with the SIM card out of the phone. Boot up. Put the SIM card into the phone.

    If that doesn't fix it, you are either:

    A) In a temporary dead zone. Life is random and !@#$ happens. Maybe service is out in your area? Unless you can confirm on another phone that it's fine, who knows.

    B) You need a new SIM card and re-activate.
    Is it possible that this issue is a result of the "phone info" app I downloaded? It's supposed to let you turn off 4g but pretty much as soon as I downloaded and opened it, I lost service. I didn't touch anything on it at all.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Those apps don't work with Verizon 4G sims. You will need to get your sim replaced. Tell them you have been getting sim errors. They will replace it for free no questions assked.

    Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganmobile View Post
    Those apps don't work with Verizon 4G sims. You will need to get your sim replaced. Tell them you have been getting sim errors. They will replace it for free no questions assked.

    Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums
    So my SIM card is toast then? That stinks! I wish a Verizon store was open right now in my area. Guess I'm reactivating the Thunderbolt.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Oh God, unless you desperately need service in the next 12 hours I could never go back to the Thunderbolt after having the Note 2 in my possession lol I'm still sitting on this crappy Thunderbolt until I can add 2 lines and order the phones at discount for my primaries, so it's still a few days away for me. But man having used the Note 2 in person I can say for sure I will never ever re-activate my old Thunderjunks ever again.
  10. #10  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    3,116 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,739 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    So my SIM card is toast then? That stinks! I wish a Verizon store was open right now in my area. Guess I'm reactivating the Thunderbolt.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Be sure to post the results of the new SIM card. And it sucks!!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Have you tried to change your network settings? Should be under Settings -> More Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -Change it from global to LTE/CDMA, then reboot the phone. See if that forces it back on.
    chuckawd likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Be sure to post the results of the new SIM card. And it sucks!!
    I did a full factory reset on the phone and its back to normal! No new SIM needed but I must stress to everyone the following: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE "PHONE INFO" APP!! Unless you enjoy heartattacks.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    I did a full factory reset on the phone and its back to normal! No new SIM needed but I must stress to everyone the following: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE "PHONE INFO" APP!! Unless you enjoy heartattacks.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I am sure this will happen again, thanks for the info. Glad you are back up and running
    chuckawd likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Always get a new SIM when you get a new phone. Its better for the device. They are free

    sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    I did a full factory reset on the phone and its back to normal! No new SIM needed but I must stress to everyone the following: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE "PHONE INFO" APP!! Unless you enjoy heartattacks.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep. The Phone Info app isn't compatible with the 4G LTE SIM's on Verizon. I agree on your warning to stay away from it. Glad your phone is working now.
    chuckawd likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I am sure this will happen again, thanks for the info. Glad you are back up and running
    Absolutely it will. What a nightmare that was.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Thank you to everyone who quickly dashed to help me fix this issue! This community the best there is. I put up a warning here in the Verizon forums to help others as well.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    3,116 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,739 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Absolutely it will. What a nightmare that was.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I betcha won't do that again.....haha
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    I find it very hard to believe that the phone info app doesn't work for verizon 4g LTE sim cards considering I use the app without a problem on my wife's S3.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by mccabegc View Post
    I find it very hard to believe that the phone info app doesn't work for verizon 4g LTE sim cards considering I use the app without a problem on my wife's S3.
    As soon as I installed it and switched off 4g it immediately killed all radios and services except wifi. It may not be because of the SIM card though. Possibly it's Note 2 specific.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    As soon as I installed it and switched off 4g it immediately killed all radios and services except wifi. It may not be because of the SIM card though. Possibly it's Note 2 specific.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

    I am not disputing your issues with the app/phone compatibility. I have seen stranger things when it comes to apps and hardware working together. I am disputing the statement that the phone info app is not compatible with VZW 4g LTE Sim Cards when I have first hand experience on my wife's S3 that says different.

    I am thankful that you got your phone working though. I was hoping to use this app to manage my LTE connection since I don't want it on all the time. I may give it a shot. I may wait for an upgrade and see if they acknowledge any known issues.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganmobile View Post
    Those apps don't work with Verizon 4G sims. You will need to get your sim replaced. Tell them you have been getting sim errors. They will replace it for free no questions assked.

    Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jian9007 View Post
    Yep. The Phone Info app isn't compatible with the 4G LTE SIM's on Verizon. I agree on your warning to stay away from it. Glad your phone is working now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mccabegc View Post
    I am not disputing your issues with the app/phone compatibility. I have seen stranger things when it comes to apps and hardware working together. I am disputing the statement that the phone info app is not compatible with VZW 4g LTE Sim Cards when I have first hand experience on my wife's S3 that says different.

    I am thankful that you got your phone working though. I was hoping to use this app to manage my LTE connection since I don't want it on all the time. I may give it a shot. I may wait for an upgrade and see if they acknowledge any known issues.
    Phone info worked great on my Verizon Galaxy S3 and it works great on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2.
    mccabegc likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    Phone info worked great on my Verizon Galaxy S3 and it works great on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2.
    I should clarify my previous post by saying that it depends on which Phone Info app you're talking about using. There are several in the Play store that are named "Phone Info," but are different apps made by different developers. I forget that not everyone knows there are several apps with the same names in the Play store (which is kind of ridiculous for Google to allow, but that's another story).
  24. #24  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    2,007 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    As soon as I installed it and switched off 4g it immediately killed all radios and services except wifi. It may not be because of the SIM card though. Possibly it's Note 2 specific.
    Wait.....................Initially you indicated that you had downloaded the app and did not change or do anything? Here you say that you switched 4G off? Could it be that you did not turn 4G back on before you deleted the app? I ask because I have "Phone Info" app on my S3, on Verizon and it works fine.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Carrier
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: Major Issue Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Wait.....................Initially you indicated that you had downloaded the app and did not change or do anything? Here you say that you switched 4G off? Could it be that you did not turn 4G back on before you deleted the app? I ask because I have "Phone Info" app on my S3, on Verizon and it works fine.
    I did not intentionally turn off 4g within the app initially upon the first download of the app. As soon as I opened the app the first time, all service was lost and I did not touch anything in the app. I then uninstalled the app hoping that would reverse whatever happened. It did not. I then re-downloaded the app hoping that I could use it to turn services back on and it kept saying "refreshing sim card." At that point I uninstalled the app again, removed the sim card and did a factory reset whereupon everything worked again.

    I do believe that what happened is what you said...because I so hastly deleted the app, things got stuck turned off but what gets me is that I did nothing with the app besides open it, lose all service, and then immediately delete it

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 536
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 04:17 PM
  2. Micro sd card in my EVO major issues...please help
    By tech911 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 03:16 AM
  3. Major Issue With Touch Screen (VIDEO LINK)
    By showmrock in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 01:15 AM
  4. major issue with "people" - address book in incredible
    By mistyinca in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 12:43 AM
  5. Major issue with Smoked Glass??
    By anthonyzul in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 01:15 PM

Posting Permissions