Hot hot hot

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice this sucker gets super hot when playing a heavily graphic game? I was playing Eternity Warriors 2 and it heated up like no tomorrow.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Top portion of the device. You can feel it front and back. So not sure what parts lie there lol.
Radios and navigation, are you using wifi, is your navi off? try playing in airplay mode...also there are stat apps in the play store that keep track of your device temps maybe download one and keep track of it for a couple days . maybe later we can make a thread to keep track of normal temps under different conditions.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Radios and navigation, are you using wifi, is your navi off? try playing in airplay mode...also there are stat apps in the play store that keep track of your device temps maybe download one and keep track of it for a couple days . maybe later we can make a thread to keep track of normal temps under different conditions.

Wifi on lte on but no gps and such.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I looked on the Play Store and there was no sensor to check for temps other than battery that seemed to work on the phone.

Edit: I did find one widget that said it monitored CPU. It said it was 30ish C both during game play and not. Not sure how accurate it is.

Edit #2: Apparently that is not the CPU temp that it monitors. The battery widget reports the exact same temp. So I highly doubt that is possible they would both match. So that widget I thought did the CPU must actually be looking at the battery temp. So I guess there are not sensors in the device to see the others. I can say its not the battery getting hot though. I pulled the back cover off and felt it. Its more the top of the phone back and screen side. Maybe it just gets this hot because of the quad core CPU. It might be perfectly normal for doing anything with nice heavy graphics like this. LOL Im not sure though that's why I was hoping someone else had noticed it got hot for them.

Last edited:

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried a movie yet nor temple run. Ill try it and see what happens. So far this one game is the only time I have noticed it.

Edit: Played Temple Run for a bit and it only got a bit warm. Not hot like it did with Eternity Warriors 2. Maybe its just normal to get as hot as it did with that type of game lol.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else notice this sucker gets super hot when playing a heavily graphic game? I was playing Eternity Warriors 2 and it heated up like no tomorrow.

Most phones get warm when playing graphics heavy games. The processor on the GN2 is near the top so that's the area where you'll notice a temperature change the most.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks for the replies all. I will conclude its normal to get as hot as it does during this type of game play. I guess when your pushing boundaries like they are its bound to happen. I mean we probably would never think of putting a 1.6GHZ quad core CPU in a desktop/laptop without a fan lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995