Unresponsive stock web browser, anyone else?

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll be using the stock browser and every now and then after I click on a link it'll load maybe 10% (looking at the loading bar) and then it hangs up. It doesn't load the rest and after awhile a message will pop up saying the browser is being unresponsive and asks me to wait or close it. And while it's trying to load, I cant click back, change websites or anything. Sometimes if I wait awhile, it will go, but more often than not, it freezes up.

Anyone have this problem?

I'd hate to use a different browser, as it won't work with multi-view and I use that feature a lot.

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I actually have not had this problem with the stock browser. First phone I've ever had that didn't have this problem. On my old phones I had to clear the browser cache every day to reduce the frequency of it happening. Sorry you're having the problem. Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution for you.

aimeeinohio

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Im not having this problem BUT i've had to do a battery pull twice this week from the phone freezing up after using the web!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
If the same thing is happening with other browsers my guess is that you are not using wifi and your signal is poor. Check your signal level.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Had this problem with a particular site while trying out the demo version in a Verizon store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll be using the stock browser and every now and then after I click on a link it'll load maybe 10% (looking at the loading bar) and then it hangs up. It doesn't load the rest and after awhile a message will pop up saying the browser is being unresponsive and asks me to wait or close it. And while it's trying to load, I cant click back, change websites or anything. Sometimes if I wait awhile, it will go, but more often than not, it freezes up.

Anyone have this problem?

I'd hate to use a different browser, as it won't work with multi-view and I use that feature a lot.

Have you tried clearing data on your browser? Also as someone else suggested this could be due to poor signal issues. I've had nothing that even remotely counts as a problem with this phone at all.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried clearing data on your browser? Also as someone else suggested this could be due to poor signal issues. I've had nothing that even remotely counts as a problem with this phone at all.

I don't have terrible signal, but not the best signal either. Using my home wifi gives me same problem.

I'll try clearing the cache and see what happens. And I'll give another browser a try and see if i get the same results. Thanks for the inputs.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I think the stock browser might keep webpages in hidden windows even after you have rebooted. Make sure you don't have a boatload of websites loaded up in the stock browser.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae