Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    haha this is all chinese to me no offense to anyone. I give up and will deal with my stock verizon note. for those of that arent computer savvy none of this makes any sense. Appreciate the people trying to help but without a video, I will never catch on.
    I agree. I can't for the life of me find a video on this. Oh well.

yep it wasnt meant to be for us. I never had this feature before and survived so I wont be missing anything.
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3

Even with the newer 1.apk file in place, my recompile still fails.

By the way, I was doing it without the script because with the script, after selecting option 9 the window closed, nothing happened.
    Running the script from the cmd prompt, after selecting option 9 it just went to a prompt, nothing happened.

I think the problem some are having is with the omission of a few steps.

1. download APK manager
    Downloads | APK Multi-Tool

2. make a folder called apk manager on your desktop extract everything in the zip into that folder

3. download this
    http://goo.gl/QhWFq

4. Replace the file at the following path with the one you just downloaded:
    C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\

5.open the apkmanager folder that you previously extracted to your desktop

6.drop the apk you want to modify into the folder called "place-apk-here-for-modding"
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this folder doesn't exist for some people because there is no step telling them to run the setup script.
    Also regarding the setup script, there are no instructions as to what parts need to be run, I'm specifically speaking of the framework portion, option 2.

7.double click on the script file

8.Select option 9
    wait for it to finish

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I think the problem some are having is with the omission of a few steps.

1. download APK manager
    Downloads | APK Multi-Tool

2. make a folder called apk manager on your desktop extract everything in the zip into that folder

3. download this
    http://goo.gl/QhWFq

4. Replace the file at the following path with the one you just downloaded:
    C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\

5.open the apkmanager folder that you previously extracted to your desktop

6.drop the apk you want to modify into the folder called "place-apk-here-for-modding"
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this folder doesn't exist for some people because there is no step telling them to run the setup script.
    Also regarding the setup script, there are no instructions as to what parts need to be run, I'm specifically speaking of the framework portion, option 2.

7.double click on the script file

8.Select option 9
    wait for it to finish
    Nope I can't find this. C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\ My son is a computer kid and says it's not there. Something is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Nope I can't find this. C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\ My son is a computer kid and says it's not there. Something is missing.
    I don't believe you get that particular folder until you have decompiled an apk.
    I just tested it. I renamed my apktool folder to apktool2. I extracted the multiltool again, the apktool folder did not return, and I didn't expect it to.

Next, using the command line, I went into the [other] folder in the multi-tool folder, and ran apktool d [filename].apk.
    That creates the apktool folder.

this still doesnt make sense. I sadly am helpless and will send someone some money via paypal for a step by step youutube video. :P

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

this still doesnt make sense. I sadly am helpless and will send someone some money via paypal for a step by step youutube video. :P
    why dont you just tell us what apps you want changed and we will see if we can do that for you.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    why dont you just tell us what apps you want changed and we will see if we can do that for you.
    I tried doing a few others. I can now get them to compile, but they won't install.
    The script isn't working for me, I'm doing it from the cmd.
    apktool d [filename].
    Edit the xml with the appropriate additions.
    apktool b [foldername] [filename].

But it fails to install on my device.

Are there flags I should be using for the apktool commands?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I tried doing a few others. I can now get them to compile, but they won't install.
    The script isn't working for me, I'm doing it from the cmd.
    apktool d [filename].
    Edit the xml with the appropriate additions.
    apktool b [foldername] [filename].

But it fails to install on my device.

Are there flags I should be using for the apktool commands?
    i havent done this in like 2 yrs , let me take a whack at it and see how i do when i get a chance, then ill try to see where problems may lie...... I do remember that i was able to change some apps and resign them. but others would not let me put them back together at all

i havent done this in like 2 yrs , let me take a whack at it and see how i do when i get a chance, then ill try to see where problems may lie...... I do remember that i was able to change some apps and resign them. but others would not let me put them back together at all
    I appreciate it.
    If it's easier for you, you could let us know why the script isn't working.
    I select option 9 and the window closes, it never places any files in the project folder or anywhere else.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

I think we are the only two who don't get this. Come on boys helps us out with a VIDEO. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Droidxcon, that is nice of you my friend. Ultimately, based on what I know from these forums, Twitter and nba gametime are the only ones that i would use and actually have on my phone. Is there a ongoing list of what apps have been changed to work?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Droidxcon, that is nice of you my friend. Ultimately, based on what I know from these forums, Twitter and nba gametime are the only ones that i would use and actually have on my phone. Is there a ongoing list of what apps have been changed to work?
    No, i have collected some but ill keep working on it, in the mean time try these
    Twitter
    Gametime

You aren't the only ones that don't get it! The apk folder is non existent under my username. When I try to run option nine, the software simply closes and nothing happens. When I try to install framework it says it cannot be found. I changed my path to point to java, now I get an error about something being unexpected. Very confusing. My issues could stem from running windows 8, however. I am fairly literate with this stuff, having always used ADB to manually root my phones, but I just cannot get this thing to work. I would like to see hulu up and running on this, but I don't think I am going to get there!

Quote Originally Posted by donkeypunched View Post
    You aren't the only ones that don't get it! The apk folder is non existent under my username. When I try to run option nine, the software simply closes and nothing happens. When I try to install framework it says it cannot be found. I changed my path to point to java, now I get an error about something being unexpected. Very confusing. My issues could stem from running windows 8, however. I am fairly literate with this stuff, having always used ADB to manually root my phones, but I just cannot get this thing to work. I would like to see hulu up and running on this, but I don't think I am going to get there!
    The script isn't working for me either, option 9 just closes the window.
    As far as the apktools folder, that will not show up until you have first decompiled an apk, which I had to do manually because the script isn't working for me.

No, i have collected some but ill keep working on it, in the mean time try these
    Twitter
    Gametime
    This is great but what do i do? lol.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

lol download them, put them on your SD card , then use your file manager in your apps , open them and select install. thats it

That's all you have to do?

lol download them, put them on your SD card , then use your file manager in your apps , open them and select install. thats it

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by scribe4food View Post
    That's all you have to do?
    for those two apps yeah,,,,make sure you have the unknown sources checked off .........settings>security>unknown sources

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

for those two apps yeah,,,,make sure you have the unknown sources checked off .........settings>security>unknown sources
    But we can't get by step 3 in the directions. . This is the problem we all have.. Replace the file at the following path with the one you just downloaded:
    C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\ Please read all these posts.

But we can't get by step 3 in the directions. . This is the problem we all have.. Replace the file at the following path with the one you just downloaded:
    C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\ Please read all these posts.
    I told you why you don't have the apktool folder.

I don't believe you get that particular folder until you have decompiled an apk.
    I just tested it. I renamed my apktool folder to apktool2. I extracted the multiltool again, the apktool folder did not return, and I didn't expect it to.

Next, using the command line, I went into the [other] folder in the multi-tool folder, and ran apktool d [filename].apk.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

I told you why you don't have the apktool folder.

OK but post some screen shots or something please. Why is it such a big deal to make a quick video to help us out. I know I would if I knew how to do this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Someone try this please

Pirate Bay

OK but post some screen shots or something please. Why is it such a big deal to make a quick video to help us out. I know I would if I knew how to do this.
    I'm fumbling my way thru this too.

I created a folder on my desktop named apk manager. I extracted the multi tool into that folder.
    You have extracted the files for the apk multi tool, right?

Using windows explorer, find the apk file that you want to edit. Copy it into the sub folder "other" which is in the folder where you extracted the multi tool.

From here on, I use the command line because the script isn't working for me.
    Hit the start button in your windows toolbar.
    Hit run. (Depending on your version of windows, you tap run then type cmd, or just type cmd in the box with the magnifying class, then hit enter.)

Then you have to navigate to the folder where you extracted the multi tool.

Now go into the "other" folder.

Type apktool d filename.apk
    (Example: apktool d "dolphin browser.apk"
    If the file name has spaces, then you need to put ""

After that you will have the apktool folder you're looking for.
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast