Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 180
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #76  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    The script isn't working for me either, option 9 just closes the window.
    As far as the apktools folder, that will not show up until you have first decompiled an apk, which I had to do manually because the script isn't working for me.
    Do me a favor and download the Old APK manager and try that one, let me know if it closes when you try to decompile
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  2. #77  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I'm fumbling my way thru this too.

    I created a folder on my desktop named apk manager. I extracted the multi tool into that folder.
    You have extracted the files for the apk multi tool, right?

    Using windows explorer, find the apk file that you want to edit. Copy it into the sub folder "other" which is in the folder where you extracted the multi tool.

    From here on, I use the command line because the script isn't working for me.
    Hit the start button in your windows toolbar.
    Hit run. (Depending on your version of windows, you tap run then type cmd, or just type cmd in the box with the magnifying class, then hit enter.)

    Then you have to navigate to the folder where you extracted the multi tool.

    Now go into the "other" folder.

    Type apktool d filename.apk
    (Example: apktool d "dolphin browser.apk"
    If the file name has spaces, then you need to put ""

    After that you will have the apktool folder you're looking for.
    Pool Shark , before you run the script.bat you are running setup.bat first correct?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. #78  

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Do me a favor and download the Old APK manager and try that one, let me know if it closes when you try to decompile
    Yep, same thing.

    I thought maybe it was a java thing, but according to the log it knows I have java installed.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |Mon 12/03/2012 -- 21:39:15.93|
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    java version "1.7.0_09"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 23.5-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
    Pushups_1.1.apk==None was unexpected at this time.
  4. #79  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Yep, same thing.
    Downloading the twitter and nba game time doesn't show in my app list so I can't add to sd card. Bummer
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  5. #80  
    NHBass39's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    Downloading the twitter and nba game time doesn't show in my app list so I can't add to sd card. Bummer
    You figured it out?
  6. #81  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    Downloading the twitter and nba game time doesn't show in my app list so I can't add to sd card. Bummer
    why would it show up in your app list.... are you downloading directly onto your phone or are you using a computer

    if you are on your phone go back to that post i did and click twitter. you will see an arrow at the top of your notification bar meaning its downloading. when it is done there will be a notification saying it has downloaded... click on it, it will ask you if you want to install, select install
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. #82  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    You figured it out?
    Hell no. One of the njce people on this thread on oage 3 said to download the two links and put on sd card. Doesn't work though.
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  8. #83  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Yep, same thing.

    I thought maybe it was a java thing, but according to the log it knows I have java installed.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |Mon 12/03/2012 -- 21:39:15.93|
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    java version "1.7.0_09"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 23.5-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
    Pushups_1.1.apk==None was unexpected at this time.
    Pool shark are you willing to screen share with me , it will be easier if i can see what is going on
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  9. #84  

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Pool Shark , before you run the script.bat you are running setup.bat first correct?
    Yes. It says not found when I run the frameworks option, and it creates the folders when I run the other option.
    Sure, we can do a screen share. Just show me how.
  10. #85  
    NHBass39's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    Hell no. One of the njce people on this thread on oage 3 said to download the two links and put on sd card. Doesn't work though.
    LOL Wow. what a nightmare.
  11. #86  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Yes. It says not found when I run the frameworks option, and it creates the folders when I run the other option.
    Sure, we can do a screen share. Just show me how.
    sent you a pm, download that and pm me your ID and password it provides
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  12. #87  

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    OMG!!! DroidXcon you are my hero. The twitter and nba apps he sent me worked and are now in my multi-window!!!!!! You are a god. This is obviously the easiest procedure for NOOBS like me and NHbass, Now the key is how do we find other apps that work???
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
    DroidXcon likes this.
  13. #88  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    OMG!!! DroidXcon you are my hero. The twitter and nba apps he sent me worked and are now in my multi-window!!!!!! You are a god. This is obviously the easiest procedure for NOOBS like me and NHbass, Now the key is how do we find other apps that work???
    You cant just find them, they need to be modified, the ones i linked you to were already modified. Let me know what apps you want and ill try to modify them for you and ill create a thread with downloads to them for everyone. just make sure they are free apps. paid apps i cant just post for everyone.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  14. #89  

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    You cant just find them, they need to be modified, the ones i linked you to were already modified. Let me know what apps you want and ill try to modify them for you and ill create a thread with downloads to them for everyone. just make sure they are free apps. paid apps i cant just post for everyone.
    It still closes on me.
    I'll try it again tomorrow on an older machine (grasping at straws).
  15. #90  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    It still closes on me.
    I'll try it again tomorrow on an older machine (grasping at straws).
    in the mean time would you like me to modify that app for you?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  16. #91  
    MrMLK's Avatar

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    why dont you just tell us what apps you want changed and we will see if we can do that for you.
    Do you suppose you could do DroidFish? Thanks.

    http://web.comhem.se/petero2home/droidfish/
  17. #92  
    NHBass39's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    in the mean time would you like me to modify that app for you?
    So I just install the .apks on my sd card and they will appear in the multi-window? Can you do WAZE and NETFLIX for me?
  18. #93  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Do you suppose you could do DroidFish? Thanks.

    http://web.comhem.se/petero2home/droidfish/
    Here is Droidfish

    Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    So I just install the .apks on my sd card and they will appear in the multi-window? Can you do WAZE and NETFLIX for me?
    you need to go to file manager, find the apk then press on it, it will ask you to install, hit install and you are done

    Here is Netflix

    Ill work on Waze later i need to do some stuff at work, but ill message you when i get it done
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by 2:
  19. #94  
    MrMLK's Avatar

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Here is Droidfish
    Thanks very much. The other ones I want are all comercial apps. I have written the developers, so I'll have to wait for them.

    Does anyone know how to create a sticky post. We should keep track of all of these APKs, as well as all of the comercial apps that have been converted. So far I only know of Moon+Reader and Total Commander, but I bet more are coming.
  20. #95  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Thanks very much. The other ones I want are all comercial apps. I have written the developers, and I'll have to wait for them.
    if you get me the apk i can try and modify them but i just cant post them for everyone
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  21. #96  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Here is Facebook everyone just dont forget to uninstall the old one
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  22. #97  

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    FINALLY!

    [IMG][/IMG]
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    I get this error when trying to install netflix



    Sent from my Verizon Note Duece
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed-uploadfromtaptalk1354595396406.jpg  
  24. #99  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    FINALLY!

    ]
    what was the problem , or did you do it the manual way?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kerrdj View Post
    I get this error when trying to install netflix



    Sent from my Verizon Note Duece
    Uninstall the original Netflix first
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    camashaw likes this.
  25. #100  

    Default Re: Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

    1. It simply did not like the apk that you and I were working with.

    2. Your instructions in the OP appear to be for the old apk manager. All of the steps are 1 number off.

    3. It didn't do the sign only piece. I had to select complie/sign/install, then break out of the script.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wifi HotSpot works on Std ROM! no root needed
    By CutRiteFX in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 01:35 AM
  2. Does the SlingBox app work with HDMI out?
    By ArkAngel06 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 02:18 PM
  3. Any cases work with the HDMI dock?
    By jerrykur in forum EVO Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 07:08 PM
  4. Consensus on which Apps. work with Froyo
    By Ricky Babalu in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 03:52 PM
  5. Wow, the TV.com app works with HDMI output!
    By storino03 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM

Posting Permissions