Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

Myburgh Nel

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please make a video of how to do this and post it on youtube? Im still not understanding any of this and need a lot of help? I would really appreciate it a lot!!! If you did post it on youtube, could you please send me an email with the link please? liryx.xboxlive@gmail.com

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I know I saved it, so maybe I am in fact somehow using the wrong path. I'll tell you though, right now my head is just spinning from all these different files and directories. I'm going to give it a rest and try again tomorrow. I do thank you though for all the help. I wouldn't be this far along without it. I'll let you know what I figure out.

UPDATE:

S U C C E S S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out that in the java step I needed to use the newly compiled apk that was created with the apktool b step. That file was located in C:\Program Files\APK Manager\other\Simple Kitchen Timer\dist\Simple Kitchen Timer.apk. I copied that file up two levels into the "other\" directory and ran the java command again. That gave me a signed apk file in the other\ directory. I installed that on the Note 2 and hey presto, we've got MultiView!

Thank you SO MUCH!

Glad you have it working.
Thanks for letting me know I skipped a step in the write up, it does place it in the dist folder.

Michele31415

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No problem. It's too bad the script didn't work for me because I really liked the retro 80's "pick a number" UI with the green on black font and the ASCII art. Took me back to the MS DOS 3.0 days, when you could actually still understand everything that was going on in your computer. But typing the command lines works fine, now that I finally know where the files are supposed to go :)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
No problem. It's too bad the script didn't work for me because I really liked the retro 80's "pick a number" UI with the green on black font and the ASCII art. Took me back to the MS DOS 3.0 days, when you could actually still understand everything that was going on in your computer. But typing the command lines works fine, now that I finally know where the files are supposed to go :)

I actually got use to using the command line and stopped using the script, but I work with the Unix command line everyday, so it wasn't a big deal for me.

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm following the original directions from this thread, got to the part where it says "16. After it is all done, select option 12" it's now asking me to type one of four inputs

1. Create an unsigned apk using the keep folder option
2. Create an unsigned apk
3. Create an apk using the original Signature using the keep folder option
4. Create an apk using the original Signature
*Notice Options 3 and 4 are experimental use with care *Notice*

Im thinking I need to sign it but which should I choose, I'm thinking between 3 and 4?

Seems ok so far, everything is moving along, just don't know which option here is best to get it signed and finished. Btw I had to create a folder for that apk1 file on the C drive. Wonder if it's going to try to overright it at some point here.

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm following the original directions from this thread, got to the part where it says "16. After it is all done, select option 12" it's now asking me to type one of four inputs
OPtion 2

----------------------------------------------------
There is a pictured step by step on how to do this here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/236929-how-edit-apps-use-multi-window.html
Here is a video of how to as well: How to edit Android APK files to on Multi View on the Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube

As a side note, I skipped step 4 (replace the 1.apk files as it was causing me more issues). So if you want to follow step 4, the folder appers AFTER you decomplie the apk before you edit the files ( it would be at 6:30 of my video; if I followed that step).

Last edited:

st.kenneth

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
hey, why cant I find this C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\ ?? I have installed ADT.

edited :
sorry, found it! after running the script file once.

Last edited:

st.kenneth

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just tried editing the androidmanifest again with notepad++(before was with notepad) for LINE (modding for multivew).
now it is installed but I cannot run it, it just shows black screen and messed up my launcher. (TSF launcher restart everytime I launch the LINE and the LINE close after black screen).

any help please?

grivhuey

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
help, after i decompile, i couldnot find these code

""""<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
</intent-filter>""""

below is the code i get after i decompile.. please help..

grivhuey

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system" android:versionCode="16" android:versionName="4.1.1-I605VRALJB" android:sharedUserLabel="@string/android_system_label" package="android" coreApp="true"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<eat-comment />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.SCREEN_OFF" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.SCREEN_ON" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.USER_PRESENT" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.TIME_TICK" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.TIMEZONE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_INSTALL" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_ADDED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_REPLACED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.MY_PACKAGE_REPLACED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_REMOVED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_FULLY_REMOVED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_RESTARTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_DATA_CLEARED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_FIRST_LAUNCH" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PACKAGE_NEEDS_VERIFICATION" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.UID_REMOVED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.CONFIGURATION_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.LOCALE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.BATTERY_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.BATTERY_LOW" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.BATTERY_OKAY" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.ACTION_POWER_CONNECTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.ACTION_POWER_DISCONNECTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.ACTION_SHUTDOWN" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.DEVICE_STORAGE_LOW" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.DEVICE_STORAGE_OK" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.DEVICE_STORAGE_FULL" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.DEVICE_STORAGE_NOT_FULL" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.NEW_OUTGOING_CALL" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.REBOOT" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.DOCK_EVENT" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.MASTER_CLEAR_NOTIFICATION" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.USER_ADDED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.USER_REMOVED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.USER_SWITCHED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.app.action.ENTER_CAR_MODE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.app.action.EXIT_CAR_MODE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.app.action.ENTER_DESK_MODE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.app.action.EXIT_DESK_MODE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.backup.intent.RUN" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.backup.intent.CLEAR" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.backup.intent.INIT" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.adapter.action.SCAN_MODE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.adapter.action.DISCOVERY_STARTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.adapter.action.DISCOVERY_FINISHED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.adapter.action.LOCAL_NAME_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.adapter.action.CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.FOUND" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.DISAPPEARED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.CLASS_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.ACL_CONNECTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.ACL_DISCONNECT_REQUESTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.ACL_DISCONNECTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.NAME_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.BOND_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.NAME_FAILED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.PAIRING_REQUEST" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.PAIRING_CANCEL" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.device.action.CONNECTION_ACCESS_REPLY" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.headset.profile.action.CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.headset.profile.action.AUDIO_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.headset.action.VENDOR_SPECIFIC_HEADSET_EVENT" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.a2dp.profile.action.CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.a2dp.profile.action.PLAYING_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.input.profile.action.CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.bluetooth.pan.profile.action.CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.hardware.usb.action.USB_STATE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.hardware.usb.action.USB_ACCESSORY_ATTACHED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.hardware.usb.action.USB_ACCESSORY_ATTACHED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.hardware.usb.action.USB_DEVICE_ATTACHED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.hardware.usb.action.USB_DEVICE_DETACHED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.HEADSET_PLUG" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.ANALOG_AUDIO_DOCK_PLUG" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.DIGITAL_AUDIO_DOCK_PLUG" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.HDMI_AUDIO_PLUG" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.USB_AUDIO_ACCESSORY_PLUG" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.USB_AUDIO_DEVICE_PLUG" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE_IMMEDIATE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.nfc.action.LLCP_LINK_STATE_CHANGED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="com.android.nfc_extras.action.RF_FIELD_ON_DETECTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="com.android.nfc_extras.action.RF_FIELD_OFF_DETECTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="com.android.nfc_extras.action.AID_SELECTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.nfc.action.TRANSACTION_DETECTED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.CLEAR_DNS_CACHE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.PROXY_CHANGE" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.SDCARD_ENCRYPTION_COMPLETED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.intent.action.SDCARD_ENCRYPTION_REQUIRED" />
<protected-broadcast android:name="android.os.UpdateLock.UPDATE_LOCK_CHANGED" />

grivhuey

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
part 3

<permission android:label="@string/permlab_updateLock" android:name="android.permission.UPDATE_LOCK" android:protectionLevel="signatureOrSystem" android:description="@string/permdesc_updateLock" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CONFIRM_FULL_BACKUP" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.permission.FWUPGRADE" />
<application android:label="@string/android_system_label" android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher_android" android:allowClearUserData="false" android:hasCode="false" android:persistent="true" android:process="system" android:backupAgent="com.android.server.SystemBackupAgent" android:killAfterRestore="false">
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Dialog.Alert" android:name="com.android.internal.app.ChooserActivity" android:multiprocess="true" android:excludeFromRecents="true" android:finishOnCloseSystemDialogs="true">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.CHOOSER" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Dialog.Alert" android:name="com.android.internal.app.ResolverGuideActivity" android:excludeFromRecents="true" android:finishOnCloseSystemDialogs="true" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo.Dialog" android:label="@string/heavy_weight_switcher_title" android:name="com.android.internal.app.HeavyWeightSwitcherActivity" android:process=":ui" android:excludeFromRecents="true" android:finishOnCloseSystemDialogs="true" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.Wallpaper.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name="com.android.internal.app.PlatLogoActivity" android:process=":ui" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.NoDisplay" android:name="com.android.internal.app.DisableCarModeActivity" android:process=":ui" android:excludeFromRecents="true" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo.Dialog" android:label="@string/choose_account_label" android:name="android.accounts.ChooseAccountActivity" android:exported="true" android:process=":ui" android:excludeFromRecents="true" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo.Dialog" android:label="@string/choose_account_label" android:name="android.accounts.ChooseTypeAndAccountActivity" android:exported="true" android:process=":ui" android:excludeFromRecents="true" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo.DialogWhenLarge.NoActionBar" android:label="@string/choose_account_label" android:name="android.accounts.ChooseAccountTypeActivity" android:process=":ui" android:excludeFromRecents="true" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo.DialogWhenLarge" android:name="android.accounts.GrantCredentialsPermissionActivity" android:exported="true" android:process=":ui" android:excludeFromRecents="true" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo.Dialog" android:label="@string/sync_too_many_deletes" android:name="android.content.SyncActivityTooManyDeletes" android:process=":ui" />
<activity android:name="com.android.server.ShutdownActivity" android:permission="android.permission.SHUTDOWN" android:excludeFromRecents="true">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.ACTION_REQUEST_SHUTDOWN" />
</intent-filter>
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.REBOOT" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.DeviceOffloadDialog" android:name="com.android.server.wifi_offload.AppRunnOverWifiDialog" android:excludeFromRecents="true" android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize" />
<activity android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo.Dialog.Alert" android:name="com.android.internal.app.NetInitiatedActivity" android:process=":ui" android:excludeFromRecents="true" />
<receiver android:name="com.android.server.BootReceiver">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
</intent-filter>
</receiver>
<receiver android:name="com.android.server.enterprise.UiReceiver">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.enterprise.SHOW_UI" />
</intent-filter>
</receiver>
<service android:name="com.android.internal.os.storage.ExternalStorageFormatter" android:permission="android.permission.MASTER_CLEAR" android:exported="true" />
<service android:name="com.android.internal.os.storage.UsbStorageUnmountter" android:exported="true" />
<service android:name="com.android.server.DrmEventService" android:exported="true" />
<receiver android:name="com.android.server.DRMEventReceiver" android:permission="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.DRM_CUSTOM" />
<action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
</intent-filter>
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.provider.Telephony.WAP_PUSH_RECEIVED" />
<data android:mimeType="application/vnd.oma.drm.rights+wbxml" />
</intent-filter>
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.provider.Telephony.WAP_PUSH_RECEIVED" />
<data android:mimeType="application/vnd.oma.drm.rights+xml" />
</intent-filter>
</receiver>
<receiver android:name="com.android.server.MasterClearReceiver" android:permission="android.permission.MASTER_CLEAR" android:priority="100">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MASTER_CLEAR" />
<action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.MASTER_CLEAR" />
</intent-filter>
</receiver>
<service android:name="com.android.internal.os.storage.ExternalStorageFormatter" android:permission="android.permission.MASTER_CLEAR" android:exported="true" />
</application>
</manifest>

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
help, after i decompile, i couldnot find these code

""""<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
</intent-filter>""""

below is the code i get after i decompile.. please help..

What app are you trying to edit?

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to figuring out how to get this working, I think this video should clear up how to do this as based on the previous instructions. Being able to see it visually step by step helped me. Can't wait to try it on my replacement Galaxy Note 2. Big thanks also to james27007 for putting this video together:

How to edit Android APK files to on Multi View on the Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube:

How to edit Android APK files to on Multi View on the Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube

BTW I found that the Script.bat program closes out for me if there are spaces in the name of the apk, as in if it's an app like say Chrome if it says Google Chrome.apk it will close out but if it says GoogleChrome.apk or Google_Chrome.apk, it'll be fine.

Last edited:

Jason Palacios

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
can you provide a link with your slingplayer multi view app for note 2? this is the only app that i want to use for this feature. can you please help me out?
thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy