Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email Sync Frequency

One thing I noticed different on my Galaxy Note 2 is that I no longer have the ability to check email at 5 min and 10 minute intervals (and I want 5 minute). The lowest value is 15 minutes.. bummed. Why wouldn't they give the option to check emails more frequently than 4 times an hour? Anyone know of any work-arounds?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: Email Sync Frequency

The lowest on mine under synchronization type is "push" right above 15 mins so they push out as received. But that is for outlook/hotmail so maybe it varies by the version of email being used.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That is true for Exchange accounts but not imap or pop3.

Higher the sync frequency, the more it will drain your battery. That's why they probably didn't put 5 min as an option in the settings. If sucky battery life is not an issue for you then download aquamail from playstore and it has an option for syncing every 5 min. Check it out

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Its a standard outlook.com (formerly live.com and hotmail) email which I thought was pop type. Its not the Outlook email that is part of Office. Nonetheless, doesn't sound like you have more frequent options.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasurf View Post
    Its a standard outlook.com (formerly live.com and hotmail) email which I thought was pop type. Its not the Outlook email that is part of Office. Nonetheless, doesn't sound like you have more frequent options.
    Yes outlook.com offers push and works great.