1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Talk me into buying the Note 2

Ok so I was very unhappy about the blocking mode removed and then no youtube in the multi-window. I need to use them both. Is there anyway to get both of these working WITHOUT rooting? I want to get this phone,but I need a little push. Feedback would be appreciated.

Default Re: Talk me into buying the Note 2

Do it. Its the best phone I've ever owned.

I dont know if I can post this link so if I can't mods please remove my post.

Here is how you add more apps to the multi window without root.

If you do root, the blocking mode is actually on the phone and can be accessed by creating a shortcut widget with an app called "quick shortcut maker", open the app and search for blocking mode. Create a widget and use it.

Sent from my rooted SGH-1605
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by drum747 View Post
    Do it. Its the best phone I've ever owned.

I dont know if I can post this link so if I can't mods please remove my post.

Here is how you add more apps to the multi window without root.

If you do root, the blocking mode is actually on the phone and can be accessed by creating a shortcut widget with an app called "quick shortcut maker", open the app and search for blocking mode. Create a widget and use it.

Any videos on how to do this for a noob? Looks complicated.

No but if you read through the thread you will see that some apps have already been done. It looks like youtube has been done and would just require downloading and installing. When you say noob, new to android or just new to rooting, etc.?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

No but if you read through the thread you will see that some apps have already been done. It looks like youtube has been done and would just require downloading and installing. When you say noob, new to android or just new to rooting, etc.?

I've never rooted a phone before so I'm new to it. Not new to android though.

I will tell you that all of my experience was with Motorola phones. This is my first Samsung. I was a little hesitant at first but basically everything is laid out clearly in the thread on rooting over at XDA. It turned out to be the easiest root Ive ever done. Just read. Read. Ask. People are willing to help walk you through it.
    In fact, if you do decide you want to do it and you need some help I would be happy to walk you through it. I will PM you my contact info if you want.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

I will tell you that all of my experience was with Motorola phones. This is my first Samsung. I was a little hesitant at first but basically everything is laid out clearly in the thread on rooting over at XDA. It turned out to be the easiest root Ive ever done. Just read. Read. Ask. People are willing to help walk you through it.

If I root does it keep the stock rom?

Thats all theyve got right now. Stock with root. There is no recovery yet so no flashing roms. All stock with root. As soon as we have recovery then you will see roms with every available feature built in.

Thanked by:

Good luck no matter what your decision is. If you need help come back here and leave a response. I will come back and help walk you through it.

Its a beautiful device and you will love it!

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Good luck no matter what your decision is. If you need help come back here and leave a response. I will come back and help walk you through it.

Its a beautiful device and you will love it!

Great to know thanks. I'll be in touch. Is it ok to send you a pm if I need help?

Sure. Im not sure if ill get it so also post here as I have subscribed to this thread I will get an email right away.