anyone upgraded from VZW S3 to VZW Note 2 and think it's too big?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

I have been thinking about returning my VZW S3 and getting the VZW Note 2. (have 27 day left to decided)

does anyone have a side-by-size comparison photo of these two phones next to each other?

Thanks!

prophelic

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I sold my s3 for my note2 and i am glad i did.i love this phone and swift flow is awesome. And the battery life is just awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I have been thinking about returning my VZW S3 and getting the VZW Note 2. (have 27 day left to decided)

does anyone have a side-by-size comparison photo of these two phones next to each other?

Thanks!

Why don't u go to the retail store and compare them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

moshe3242

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I Upgraded from the GS3 to the Note2
my hands are pretty small, so im still getting used to the size of the note 2
to be honest(especially with myself) I like the S3 better but will not change back because I already made the move.
But its an amazing phone so im not going to suffer :)
but ill probably go for the S4 in the future and not for the note3

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did, and no, the size is fine. More importantly it's a better phone. Everything is faster, smoother and works better.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the Nexus to the Note 2. No complaints. Everything works as it's supposed to be and more. (especially on the PHENOMENAL battery life) :D

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I didn't have an S3 personally but I think you'll find that it's a relatively "small" jump in size between the S3 and the Note II.

My last device was a DroidX. Needless to say, going to the Note II was a very large jump and size and it was a little awkward at first but I'd never go back to anything smaller now and it's only been 3 full days. If you take a Note and a DroidX, you can fit the DroidX within the Note II's screen. It's kind of comical.

Here's a YouTube video showing the size of the Note II and the SIII

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I will also come from the DroidX. I am not concerned about the size of the Note2 in my hands as I will get use to that in short order, and love it. My big hesitation (the only thing stopping me) before I pull the trigger is my hip holster mode of carry. I loved that the DroidX was always there on my hip, but I never knew it. I wonder if I will always know and feel that the Note2 is there on my hip when I sit, drive, work or at the gym... Sedio Active Case and Holster...
Anyone out there yet wearing this in a holster that wants to comment...

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You should also see if anyone in the S3 forums switched back. I'd be inclined to believe that most of the users here will voice their satisfaction. I'm pretty sure there are people that exist that tried the device and then decided it was too big. But of course you wouldn't be able to tell here. And why should you? In any event you should try yourself because others opinion really hold little weight to what works for you. Just my thoughts.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 4. I went to Best Buy dead set on getting a note2...then i saw it and freaked out a little. But I decided to take it home and think about it before i even turn it on. Held it in my hand for about 10 minutes and activated it lol. It takes a few hours to get used to the keyboard and not being able to reach everywhere (small hands) but let me tell you...when you use this phone, it crunches through anything. I'm in love with the screen the speed and everything about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer