Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By YukeYukeTroublemaker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 is a whole lot of awesome.

Finally got my hands on the Note 2 this past Friday and so far I have been in love with it. Some thoughts and a short dive into my daily usage.

The screen: Yea, it may not pump out the numbers of the HTC DNA but this thing is still absolutely gorgreous when playing movies, running through web browsers, playing games etc. Coming from a 1st generation Droid X it feels like I have stepped up to St. Peter's gate lol. I currently have mine set between natural and movie mode at 50% brightness on the screen. I find this a lot more comfortable on my eyes as I work at night and I can get long periods of use on my phone. I no longer have to hold the phone up to my face or squint my eyes. Watching movies on this thing is an absolute delight! This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for.

Performance: This thing is fast, Really fast. Then again, my last phone was a Droid X so this thing is a quantum leap over it. Everything is instant. I no longer have to wait and hope that apps won't load up or freeze on me. Everything from opening and closing apps is a breeze. I found myself, if showing a friends something, not having to say "Wait for it....." Its just a quick, quick phone...errr...phablet...

S-Pen: Havent used it intensely yet. Still learning the tricks to this. Hopefully I will get more time with it soon. From the things that I have done with it so far it is fairly accurate and fun to use. This isnt just a gimmick or some novelty to a phone. I can apply this in my every day life.

Battery life: Got the phone with a little bit under 50% and wanted to run it down to shutdown until I charged it. Got it home at around 4pm and messed with it all the way up until 2am and it finally had less than 10% on it. AMAZING. This 3100mah battery really complements the phone and it's size. I went on Flea Bay before I got the phone and ordered a 4000mah battery as a primary battery with the intention of using the stock battery as a back up. Hell I may not even need it.

Also on battery life at 100% from 6pm-6am (my work shift) I used the phone moderately. Streaming music, playing games, surfing the web, updating/downloading apps, and long periods of playing movies via OTG cable and various USB sticks (my 64gb micro sd wont arrive until next week). When I got off work at 6am the phone still had 40% battery on it. I ended up using it still at home on and off and at around 2pm I FINALLY got the battery down to under 10%. AMAZING. So this is what those Droid Rzar MAXX guys are talking about when it comes to the battery.

Sound: I would say it is very good. Not the greatest but still does what I want it to. I may invest in an a small cube speaker just to get some added kick while I am watching movies at work so I dont have to max out the speaker all the time. Over-all call clarity and speakerphone use has been spot on. I havent had the chance to pair this phone up with my car yet (my weekend car has bluetooth and it is currently my work week). Will report back on that later.

Random comments by people:

Waitress at a restaurant: "Man, thats a big phone!"
    Me: "It's a phone, tablet.. or.. Phablet."
    Waitress at restaurant: "Giggles and walks away"

Guy walking past with his girl: "Oh man, he has the Note 2."
    Guy's girl: "Wow, it's bigger than yours."
    LOL
    I later walk past them to use the restroom and he has a Galaxy S3 on a kickstand.

Friend with I Phone 5: "Man, that phone is big.Mine can still do all the things yours can"
    Me: "Can your phone do this?" (whips out S-Pen and does all kinds of MOJO with it)
    Friend: "No"
    Me: "Damn, your phone looks like a tall midget."
    Friend: "I might have to get one."
    Me: "F#$king biter."

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Re: Note 2 is a whole lot of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by YukeYukeTroublemaker View Post
    Finally got my hands on the Note 2 this past Friday and so far I have been in love with it. Some thoughts and a short dive into my daily usage.

The screen: Yea, it may not pump out the numbers of the HTC DNA but this thing is still absolutely gorgreous when playing movies, running through web browsers, playing games etc. Coming from a 1st generation Droid X it feels like I have stepped up to St. Peter's gate lol. I currently have mine set between natural and movie mode at 50% brightness on the screen. I find this a lot more comfortable on my eyes as I work at night and I can get long periods of use on my phone. I no longer have to hold the phone up to my face or squint my eyes. Watching movies on this thing is an absolute delight! This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for.

Performance: This thing is fast, Really fast. Then again, my last phone was a Droid X so this thing is a quantum leap over it. Everything is instant. I no longer have to wait and hope that apps won't load up or freeze on me. Everything from opening and closing apps is a breeze. I found myself, if showing a friends something, not having to say "Wait for it....." Its just a quick, quick phone...errr...phablet...

S-Pen: Havent used it intensely yet. Still learning the tricks to this. Hopefully I will get more time with it soon. From the things that I have done with it so far it is fairly accurate and fun to use. This isnt just a gimmick or some novelty to a phone. I can apply this in my every day life.

Battery life: Got the phone with a little bit under 50% and wanted to run it down to shutdown until I charged it. Got it home at around 4pm and messed with it all the way up until 2am and it finally had less than 10% on it. AMAZING. This 3100mah battery really complements the phone and it's size. I went on Flea Bay before I got the phone and ordered a 4000mah battery as a primary battery with the intention of using the stock battery as a back up. Hell I may not even need it.

Also on battery life at 100% from 6pm-6am (my work shift) I used the phone moderately. Streaming music, playing games, surfing the web, updating/downloading apps, and long periods of playing movies via OTG cable and various USB sticks (my 64gb micro sd wont arrive until next week). When I got off work at 6am the phone still had 40% battery on it. I ended up using it still at home on and off and at around 2pm I FINALLY got the battery down to under 10%. AMAZING. So this is what those Droid Rzar MAXX guys are talking about when it comes to the battery.

Sound: I would say it is very good. Not the greatest but still does what I want it to. I may invest in an a small cube speaker just to get some added kick while I am watching movies at work so I dont have to max out the speaker all the time. Over-all call clarity and speakerphone use has been spot on. I havent had the chance to pair this phone up with my car yet (my weekend car has bluetooth and it is currently my work week). Will report back on that later.

Random comments by people:

Waitress at a restaurant: "Man, thats a big phone!"
    Me: "It's a phone, tablet.. or.. Phablet."
    Waitress at restaurant: "Giggles and walks away"

Guy walking past with his girl: "Oh man, he has the Note 2."
    Guy's girl: "Wow, it's bigger than yours."
    LOL
    I later walk past them to use the restroom and he has a Galaxy S3 on a kickstand.

Friend with I Phone 5: "Man, that phone is big.Mine can still do all the things yours can"
    Me: "Can your phone do this?" (whips out S-Pen and does all kinds of MOJO with it)
    Friend: "No"
    Me: "Damn, your phone looks like a tall midget."
    Friend: "I might have to get one."
    Me: "F#$king biter."
    That's great is you're phone mainly on WiFi or LTE?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just leave the wifi on. Always have, even on my Droid X. It maybe my imagination but when I shut down the WiFi at home to test the speed of web page loads I find that the 4G LTE is a lot faster...

It is safe to say that this phone is the best piece of technology that I have ever owned.

What I wanted was the functionality of a tablet (browsing, reading, etc.) with the capabilities of a phone (texting, calling etc.) that is exactly what we got. This phone is all I hoped for and more. There is absolutely zero buyers remorse for me.

I was in a wedding this weekend, and all of the other groomsmen were iPhone users. They teased me all weekend about the TV in my pocket. Until my phone took better pictures, we could watch the Alabama Georgia game on it, my battery lasted all day and all night, and on and on and on.

I am a hs teacher, so I am literally spending most of my time thinking up new ways to incorporate the phone into my daily activities.

I have the GS3 also..didn't think it could get better...but oh it does...this phone is sick!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Yessssssssss the shiz!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Loved the comments you got. Have got a few myself just not quite as funny!

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I just leave the wifi on. Always have, even on my Droid X. It maybe my imagination but when I shut down the WiFi at home to test the speed of web page loads I find that the 4G LTE is a lot faster...
    Wow yea LTE is usually faster but I'm so suprised by the battery life on this phone I can't wait to get mine

Thanks, your comments made me laugh! Funny! So far I haven't really whipped out my Note 2 in public, as I keep my precious close to me, and lives in my trouser pocket. But I'm sure I will get some of my own funny comments soon enough!
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Thanks, your comments made me laugh! Funny! So far I haven't really whipped out my Note 2 in public, as I keep my precious close to me, and lives in my trouser pocket. But I'm sure I will get some of my own funny comments soon enough!
    Thanks, I see you are from the city. Don't walk around with your note out in the tenderloin! Some crazy crackhead will rob you for it!

Actually the list for what the iPhone 5 CANNOT DO compared to the S3 or note2 is quite long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM7

I've been using the S-pen almost exclusively. keeps grease Off the screen and writing is easier than typing for Me

Thanks, I see you are from the city. Don't walk around with your note out in the tenderloin! Some crazy crackhead will rob you for it!
    Yeah, that's for sure! Especially because I have the white version Note 2, and I would imagine the typical crackhead or thug would immediately think any white color smartphone must be an iPhone! If they actually knew it was an Android instead, they would probably walk right pass me! Haha!
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?