Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By reb422
  • 3 Post By chuckawd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Default Camera quality

How's the camera quality on this phone. I'm debating between this or the DNA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Camera quality

I have a DNA for work and a Note 2 as my personal. They're both pretty good cameras but I personally think the Note 2 is better... especially in low light.
    Thanked by:
    infmethod likes this.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Note 2 a bit better. If you are placing photos on computer for viewing or printing the Note 2's are sharper and clearer. DNA has a bit more noise. Both great cameras though. The interface on the DNA is better, easier to understand and pick options.
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness / Iphone 5s (had to try) / LG3 (it might be love but will a Note 4 break us up?) /IP6P / Note 4 (it broke the LG3's heart)

The Note 2 has an awesome drag & drop feature to organize your albums. I really like it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadow001 View Post
    How's the camera quality on this phone. I'm debating between this or the DNA

Camera quality is fantastic says Ginger Bread Man my cat!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    geekaren, karsdroid and jodyberry like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

The pic of your cat looks awesome. I have a hard choice now haha

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadow001 View Post
    The pic of your cat looks awesome. I have a hard choice now haha

Thanks! There's actually a bunch of additional features of the Note 2 camera like best shot, burst shot, and all sorts of editing features. Plus, you can easily draw on any picture! How cool is that?!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dog sez cat is stoopit..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera quality-20121129_211431.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    The Note 2 has an awesome drag & drop feature to organize your albums. I really like it.
    True, although one might argue that that's not really an aspect of camera quality.

- Mark

ROM
    JB

The camera is also pretty darn fast too. Take one picture after another about as fast as i tapped the shutter button.

Cat and Dog pics are great!

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markewallace View Post
    True, although one might argue that that's not really an aspect of camera quality.

- Mark
    True....but photos have been awesome. Best camera phone for photo quality on Verizon.
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness / Iphone 5s (had to try) / LG3 (it might be love but will a Note 4 break us up?) /IP6P / Note 4 (it broke the LG3's heart)

ROM
    Skyraider Athena

Took some panorama photos last night at the Redskins game and they all came out blurry. My G-Nexus never had this problem so maybe I need to be slower in my pans? Non-panorama shots are better than my G-Nex however. Nice camera.

This is by far the best camera in my house right now. takes great pics even in low light!

Quote Originally Posted by tjubb View Post
    Took some panorama photos last night at the Redskins game and they all came out blurry. My G-Nexus never had this problem so maybe I need to be slower in my pans? Non-panorama shots are better than my G-Nex however. Nice camera.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...2-03221536.jpg
    Ouch yeah that definitely didn't come out right and not to sound offensive so please don't get offended, but that looks like user error for sure. Even way back over 2 years ago I was able to take better looking panorama shots on my Droid X with Eclair Android 2.1. That blurriness must be from motion blur.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

Quote Originally Posted by tjubb View Post

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...2-03221536.jpg
    That looks like lens smudge to me.

Because I'm a Giants fan I have to say - what a crappy game!

Sorry but gonna have to disagree. If it were a dirty lens then the first and final shots to the panorama sequence wouldn't look that good. Not to mention the utter lack of haze.

It's definite motion blur for sure. Actually I just confirmed it. Look at the left side of the field, towards the bottom. There is noticeable stretching of the crowd along the horizontal direction. Motion blur confirmed.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    5,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Those are some great pics guys. Nice to see the camera is as good as I had hoped it would be. We have a cat and a neighborhood cat as well just like Ginger Bread Man who visits us regularly for breakfast and dinner, he has owners he just stops over for snacks and chills out.