Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Wireless Tethering on the Verizon Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by randalldavis View Post
    I set up foxfi on my phone when it was on the new line. I went to Verizon and changed the phone to my unlimited data plan and foxfi still works perfectly. Should I expect any difficulty from verizon? ( like a big bill) or is this ok?

Randall
    My wife has been using it and the bill has been normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Foxfi works great on my Verizon Note 2 for wireless tethering ! You just need to first download the free version to make sure it works on your device. If so, then go ahead and upgrade to the full version by paying a measly $6.97 so there is no time out. As another poster commented, you can very easily set/change the password for wifi access. Foxfi works even better than Easy Tether Pro because Foxfi doesn't require any USB cords for tethering, whereas Easy Tether Pro does. Seriously, I would have easily paid triple the price for Foxfi, it's worth it !

Casey
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Foxfi works great on my Verizon Note 2 for wireless tethering ! You just need to first download the free version to make sure it works on your device. If so, then go ahead and upgrade to the full version by paying a measly $6.97 so there is no time out. As another poster commented, you can very easily set/change the password for wifi access. Foxfi works even better than Easy Tether Pro because Foxfi doesn't require any USB cords for tethering, whereas Easy Tether Pro does. Seriously, I would have easily paid triple the price for Foxfi, it's worth it !

Casey

Don't say that to loud or we will have to pay triple. LOL

Just an FYI here. I tried installing Foxfi to my friend's LG Esteem phone from MetroPCS, but the Foxfi app immediately gave an error message that the app is not compatible with that particular phone. Piece of cr@p LG Esteem! Unfortunately, this was one of the best Android phones available at that sub-par carrier known as MetroPCS. This is why you should first download the free version of Foxfi to make sure it works with your particular phone before paying for the upgraded version.

Fox fi works on my note2 on Verizon. After tested with the free version, bought the full version and installed add on. Tested it again to make sure all is good and indeed it worked.

Thank you for bringing 'Foxfi' to light, as I have used 'PdaNet' for over a year to tether Tbolt to laptop in the car, but you DO have to use USB cord, and I paid $15.99 for the full app! Can't wait to get the GN2 and will check out the foxfi! Wireless would be fantastic and I am on unlimited data.

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

when I try to use FoxFi, whenever I turn it on, it brings up the built-in "Mobile Hotspot" app configuration which I assume will cause charges from Verizon. Is this not right?

I am having the same problem I a have been using foxfi on my note then today Verizon mobile hotspot turns on and says I have to subscribe please help how do I turn Verizon off!?!

- - - Updated - - -

I use Portable Wifi on the Note 2. I have Jellywiz on the S3. I go back and forth between the two devices. I think you could portble on the s3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Leeh Hardy View Post
    I am having the same problem I a have been using foxfi on my note then today Verizon mobile hotspot turns on and says I have to subscribe please help how do I turn Verizon off!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Foxfi works great on my Note 2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

ROM
    Stock

I've been using the mobile hotspot app that came with our Note 2s with no problems. But then again, I'm rooted so that's no problem either.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Hi I'm a noob at this how did you get the tethering to work .I'm running jb Rom 1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by black1234 View Post
    Hi I'm a noob at this how did you get the tethering to work .I'm running jb Rom 1

Um, which Rom 1 are you talking about?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Beans town 1 using Odin

You don't need to root to get wireless tethering. Foxfi for example or changing the carrier settings file.

ROM
    Stock

Hotspot by fattin works without root beautifully!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    when I try to use FoxFi, whenever I turn it on, it brings up the built-in "Mobile Hotspot" app configuration which I assume will cause charges from Verizon. Is this not right?
    I get exactly the same thing, however no additional charges are incurred on my bill. I've been using FoxFi for a few months now.

Here's a newsflash regarding Foxfi and PdaNet+ in case you haven't heard this before. I have friends who have HTC smartphones through Sprint and Verizon. When they try installing Foxfi and/or PdaNet+, they get an error message that says "WiFi mode can not be activated on HTC phones due to an HTC hotspot lock. Please use Bluetooth Mode instead. See Bluetooth Help on how to set it up". I tried using Bluetooth mode on a friend's Verizon HTC phone, and the browser redirected to Verizon's page for choosing a wifi hotspot plan with corresponding monthly fees. F*******ing HTC phones! I'm glad to have gotten rid of my HTC Thunderbolt phone!

I use FoxFi, but whenever I connect more than one device (and even sometimes with just one device) my data will shut off and on. It seems to happen less when there is no security but I would rather not leave it like that. I'd like to keep my Note 2 unrooted and I have searched for a fix but have found nothing. Also, is there the same issues for anyone who is rooted using a rooted tether app?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12