SMS Notification badge doesn't clear after I've read the message...

Benjamin Freedman

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Howdy..

Love my GNII. One minor point that's probably user error....

After receiving an SMS text, the 'badge' on the home screen says '1'... But after reading the text, and also clearing it from the notification screen, the badge still says '1'. I can't seem to clear it.

Is there a trick I'm missing?

Best,

Ben

kerrdj

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine did this too. I would either hit clear from the notification menu or just let it sit there. I've since switched to Go SMS and have no issues

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I have found regarding this. You need to actually click on the last message you received. Go into your text messaging and click on the last text the person sent this will just open the text they sent. Once that is done hit the back button all the way out. It should now be clear. Annoying but the only way I have found to clear it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I have found regarding this. You need to actually click on the last message you received. Go into your text messaging and click on the last text the person sent this will just open the text they sent. Once that is done hit the back button all the way out. It should now be clear. Annoying but the only way I have found to clear it.

Yeah this, it wont go away unless you actually open up the message and leave the app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2