Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  • 1 Post By Benjamin Freedman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you change the 'touch screen' sound?

Howdy...

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the sound that is made when you touch the screen? I like having the sound, but the default 'water drop' sound is a little squishy.

Any thoughts?

Best,

Ben

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Can you change the 'touch screen' sound?

It requires root i believe, the path to the sound file is /System/media/audio/ui/unlock.ogg
    you would need to find the sound you want then convert it and replace unlock.ogg . i have never tried this but it seems to be simple enough

Edit, found this in the market it requires root though
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    atxhellcat likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Howdy...

Thanks for that. Looks like you have the right folder, but the wrong sound. That's for the lock screen, not the 'touch' sound. But I was able to find the touch sound in that same folder. Looks like you DO have to have root to change it... Maybe I'll get the never one day, but for now, I think I'll just live with it...

Best,

Ben
    DroidXcon likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Freedman View Post
    Howdy...

Thanks for that. Looks like you have the right folder, but the wrong sound. That's for the lock screen, not the 'touch' sound. But I was able to find the touch sound in that same folder. Looks like you DO have to have root to change it... Maybe I'll get the never one day, but for now, I think I'll just live with it...

Best,

Ben
    You are welcome, if you decide to root and need help let me know.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Freedman View Post
    Howdy...

Best,

Ben
    So what is the 'Touch Sound' file name?

Thanks for the info, all. Bunch of balls that you need root to change that. Guess I wait for my warranty to run out...

You can always turn it off! .

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Where the f%$##^&* is System/media/audio??I own a Galaxy Note 2 and i can't find it!!!!Please help me.

is it just my imagination? seems like more than 90% of the "cool" stuff that you can do on the Note 2 require rooting....

Quote Originally Posted by NadiaGG View Post
    Where the f%$##^&* is System/media/audio??I own a Galaxy Note 2 and i can't find it!!!!Please help me.
    You're going to need to root your phone in order to see that directory. Otherwise, the phone won't let you. If it's rooted, go to the main directory of the phone, generally called Storage or Device, or even just / depending on the file browser you're using. From there, you can find it within a few taps. Now I just need to learn how/what programs I need to turn a .wav or clipped .mp3 into an .ogg.....

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingBackwards View Post
    is it just my imagination? seems like more than 90% of the "cool" stuff that you can do on the Note 2 require rooting....
    Yes. Pretty much yes. However, I'd highly recommend it. Just back everything up. EVERYTHING. Never know what you might break when you start digging around. 3 hours after my first root/ROM flash, I managed to accidentally uninstall the entire operating system. Whole bloody thing crashed on me. Took 5 minutes of panicking to realize I had a backup made, and could simply restore it. As long as you back your system and data up at least once a week, and right before you start digging into anything ridiculous, it's really hard to truly lose stuff :P
    Last edited by atxhellcat; 08-20-2013 at 06:43 PM.

I have the OG SGT-P1000 and thought I'd give this one a go. The root/modding/warranty issue combined with the accessory chip have me going back to T-Mobile and returning it today.

I've tried everything to change the "touch sounds"! No luck, and I don't want to root the phone! Best thing for me was to just turn it off! Hopefully somewhere down the road there will be a way to change the sounds without rooting