Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Just giving you guys a heads up now that the Verizon Note 2 is out. My friends are pretty bitter about the branding so they're using .Welcome to the Android family new Note 2 users!!!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    A large percentage of your posts are thinly disguised advertisements for Spigen products. Do you work for the company?
    Thanked by 2:
    CyD13Woodsy 
    killroy420 and dedduck0121 like this.
  3. #3  
    dt81's Avatar

    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Even though the note 2 has been out for a week now..

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    I feel bad for anyone that is actually bothered by the logo, I don't even notice mine so I never think about it.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    pool_shark and cubetop like this.
  5. #5  
    Kale Blossom's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Its upsetting but I dont stare at my button a lot. I haven't tried this but the guys at best buy said rubbing alcohol will safely remove the logo (again I haven't tried this myself)

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kale Blossom View Post
    Its upsetting but I dont stare at my button a lot. I haven't tried this but the guys at best buy said rubbing alcohol will safely remove the logo (again I haven't tried this myself)

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    doesn't, tried it
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    doesn't, tried it
    LOL! That made me laugh cause I was just thinking of trying the same thing. The nice thing is I already ordered a button sticker and got an International Note 2 back off ebay for $2. So long Verizon branding!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    A large percentage of your posts are thinly disguised advertisements for Spigen products. Do you work for the company?
    Hahaha I admit I've become a big fan of spigen but no I dont work for the company. Maybe I should apply! Wow must say this is a first
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    sorry folks, covering the button with an "aluminum sticker" is like the mud covering rudolph's red nose....not really going to work and i think it's going to be goofy looking. post pics when you get them on, i'm sure i'm not the only one who's curious.
    pool_shark likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    sorry folks, covering the button with an "aluminum sticker" is like the mud covering rudolph's red nose....not really going to work and i think it's going to be goofy looking. post pics when you get them on, i'm sure i'm not the only one who's curious.
    I agree. See the link below for a picture of one. IMO, it doesn't look good. Don't like how the button is no longer flush with the phone and that it covers the silver trim around the stock button. Looks rather bland too. I think the logo on the button looks better. It's subtle, but at the same time gives it a distinctive look compared to other Note 2's. But, hey if a button cover floats your boat, who am I to judge? It's just not for me.

    How is there no obligatory "Post your homescreen!" thread yet?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I agree. See the link below for a picture of one. IMO, it doesn't look good. Don't like how the button is no longer flush with the phone and that it covers the silver trim around the stock button. Looks rather bland too. I think the logo on the button looks better. It's subtle, but at the same time gives it a distinctive look compared to other Note 2's. But, hey if a button cover floats your boat, who am I to judge? It's just not for me.

    How is there no obligatory "Post your homescreen!" thread yet?
    Yeah, that sticks out....cant stop looking at it......jumps out since the the button is a different color than the phone.....as for me, no thanks....
  12. #12  
    dedduck0121's Avatar

    Posts
    149 Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Am I thr only one that doesnt really mind the button branding? Maybe I'm just used to Verizon branding on the front of all their phones

    Sent from my Galaxy Note II
  13. #13  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post
    Am I thr only one that doesnt really mind the button branding? Maybe I'm just used to Verizon branding on the front of all their phones

    Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Nope, you're not the only one. I don't even notice it but the flip cover hides the front of my phone 90% of the time anyway so it really doesn't bother me either.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post
    Am I thr only one that doesnt really mind the button branding? Maybe I'm just used to Verizon branding on the front of all their phones

    Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Doesn't bother me a bit, hardly ever notice it to be honest and when I do I'm usually looking right at it when not using the phone.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Here's a look at the button.

    Quick look: Spigen SGP Aluminum Home Button
  16. #16  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post
    Am I thr only one that doesnt really mind the button branding? Maybe I'm just used to Verizon branding on the front of all their phones

    Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Nope, doesn't bother me either. Hell, it's actually smaller than some other branding on other devices.
    karsdroid likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MANdroidd View Post
    Just giving you guys a heads up now that the Verizon Note 2 is out. My friends are pretty bitter about the branding so they're using .Welcome to the Android family new Note 2 users!!!
    Its not the home button but the back of the case that bothers me.
    Just love my GN2
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    For the back of the case get one of the Samsung flip cases that actually replaces the back or you know, a case. As for the home button, is anyone else pissed it doesn't light up when the menu button and back button do? That logo would look sex as hell glowing white instead of being a dark spot. Just saying!
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    For the back of the case get one of the Samsung flip cases that actually replaces the back or you know, a case. As for the home button, is anyone else pissed it doesn't light up when the menu button and back button do? That logo would look sex as hell glowing white instead of being a dark spot. Just saying!
    I have the Seidio Active case. As for the VZW home key, I never noticed it till now. But that is a great idea to light it up.
    Just love my GN2
  20. #20  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    For the back of the case get one of the Samsung flip cases that actually replaces the back or you know, a case. As for the home button, is anyone else pissed it doesn't light up when the menu button and back button do? That logo would look sex as hell glowing white instead of being a dark spot. Just saying!
    I am not bothered at all by it. What would bother me is if the home key took me to a VZW store or website.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Why not paint it with nail polish?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by gorgalis View Post
    Why not paint it with nail polish?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    All the nail polish I've seen clash with the titanium color of the phone.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    I thought i would be peeved with the Verizon branding at the bottom, but it's barely noticeable.

    Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon)
  24. #24  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,182 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    While I don't care for the branding at the bottom, I just can't justify spending $10 on 3 aluminum covers, especially since I will not be using more than 1 and could care less about pink on my phone. If they offered a single one for say $2-3 then I would maybe take it.
  25. #25  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Home buttons for Verizon Note 2

    got these today in the mail

    to make a long story short ....don't buy them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Home launchers for note 2
    By sir6string93 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 05:45 AM
  2. Double tapping home button for new function?
    By nemix in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 11:22 PM
  3. Samsung Note has a hard "Home" button unlike HTC ONE V, that has
    By lse123L in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 12:24 AM
  4. Note for verizon
    By darkness66 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM
  5. Sign Petition For Verizon Note!
    By red_01 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 04:28 AM

Posting Permissions

B