1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 'Pen Buddy' functionality not working?

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong (my wife has me trained this way, but that's a different story) - but in the Settings > Display, I've got Page buddy turned on, with all 4 context areas checked - but whenever I remove the S-Pen from my phone, I get no Pen Buddy menu. I haven't validated this with any of the 3 other situation-specific assists, but that's because I don't need them at this point. This has been the situation since I received my pre-order, so I don't think I borked it with Settings changes. Is anyone else having this problem? Any input is appreciated.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: 'Pen Buddy' functionality not working?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChylde-QC View Post
    I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong (my wife has me trained this way, but that's a different story) - but in the Settings > Display, I've got Page buddy turned on, with all 4 context areas checked - but whenever I remove the S-Pen from my phone, I get no Pen Buddy menu. I haven't validated this with any of the 3 other situation-specific assists, but that's because I don't need them at this point. This has been the situation since I received my pre-order, so I don't think I borked it with Settings changes. Is anyone else having this problem? Any input is appreciated.
    when you pull the pen out does the phone vibrate and a pen show up in your notification bar?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i get a vibration and sound effect (that's how I've got it set up), but no pen shows up in my notification bar.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

i get a vibration and sound effect (that's how I've got it set up), but no pen shows up in my notification bar.
    Yeah that is strange , it recognizes your pen is out but it if the pen doesnt show up top it means page buddy is off . try a reboot then cycle page buddy again off and on . let me know if it changes anything
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just tried it again after reboot - same deal. Sounding like this is no one else's experience... : (

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Just tried it again after reboot - same deal. Sounding like this is no one else's experience... : (
    yeah i havnt seen this problem, ill keep looking around though , sorry i was not any help so far
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

hey, I appreciate the response. I'll keep searching outside of the discussion forum; I just haven't had much luck finding anything relevant.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

hey, I appreciate the response. I'll keep searching outside of the discussion forum; I just haven't had much luck finding anything relevant.
    no problem also, are you using factory launcher or third party,,,, try going to Settings>scroll down >S Pen>Open Popup note and turning that on seeing what that results to
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I can get a Popup note to launch, no problem. That hasn't been a problem

However, the question on the launcher you noted above MAY very well be the answer. I'm running Nemus Launcher; installed all my regular apps first, then started working with the native pen functionality on Day 2...

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I can get a Popup note to launch, no problem. That hasn't been a problem

However, the question on the launcher you noted above MAY very well be the answer. I'm running Nemus Launcher; installed all my regular apps first, then started working with the native pen functionality on Day 2...
    the page budde thing will only work with stock launcher, it is a touchwiz feature
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks for the confirmation, DXc - I hadn't even thought of that. As long as I can get to the same functionality, I guess that will have to suffice. Hard to give up a 12 button application dock...

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Thanks for the confirmation, DXc - I hadn't even thought of that. As long as I can get to the same functionality, I guess that will have to suffice. Hard to give up a 12 button application dock...
    you are welcome, i know how you feel there is a whole bunch of things that i wish we could get all in one app