For those wondering, no, the Verizon Note II isn't SIM unlocked.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Few things. By unlocked they mean for global use. Not sure if it comes that way, but if not calling the global team will unlock it. But that will unlock it for global use only. ATT and t-mobile Sims will not work since the voice runs on different networks. Also, just and FYI, starting (1/25) tomorrow unlocking phones without a carriers permission will be illegal.

m.cnet.com/news/unauthorized-unlocking-of-smartphones-becomes-illegal-saturday/57565730

Sent from my Note II

Luckily verizon is already sim unlocked so its not illegal to root and gain access to the APN settings. Just inconvenient for those who need to root

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

prbowman

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Note 2 from amazon on Verizon. Awesome...
I installed a Tmobile prepaid sim (after I chopped it up so
it would fit) and it is able to make and receive calls no problem.
Have not tried playing with any of the APN settings yet.

My 2 cents.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You may see Verizon start locking phones. Hopefully not. But the main reason this way put into place was so people would not use and upgrade on a phone, then put an old phone back on the number, unlock the phone and flip it for big money on Ebay etc I believe anyway.

vjprax

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I too have a Indian Vodafone sim. It receives data at good speeds but 'No Service' and not able to call or text. APN is set data works perfectly. What should i do to make calls and text working in Verizon GN2??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish