Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nectrshane
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New guy question....

How do you move music and pics to SD card on this GN2? First venture into the Android and Samsung phones but love it. Also, can you root a phone and put it back to original if need be?

Thanks.

Shane

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: New guy question....

Quote Originally Posted by nectrshane View Post
    How do you move music and pics to SD card on this GN2? First venture into the Android and Samsung phones but love it. Also, can you root a phone and put it back to original if need be?

Thanks.

Shane
    Welcome New guy with a question

The beautiful thing about Android is that it is very flexible. There are many methods to do somthing like add music or pics to your phone.
    If you are use to syncing such as with IOS you can use an app called DoubleTwist, you download it to your phone and go to their website and install it onto your computer. this will simulate the syncing style that Itunes has.

You can also simply connect your phone via USB to your computer,in your notifications you will see "connected as installer" drop down the menu and select that, then select the option media device (MTP). When you connect you make your way over to start button on the taskbar of your computer then select "Computer" this will display all drives connected to your computer find the portable devices section you will see SCH-I605 (portable media player) select this. This will open up your phones internal storage either the onboard memory or SD card if one is in your phone. You can open either one and find a music folder where you can simple drag any music you have on your computer directly into this folder.
    For pictures find the DCIM folder, you can add the pictures to your Camera folder or create a folder and call it whatever you like. you will be able to go onto your gallery on your phone and view these pictures.

On your phone you can use your File manager in the app drawer and move files directly on your phone.

There are many apps that you can get music from such as androids own Play store. or samsungs media hub. Amazon ...etc

As for rooting you can not go back to exactly the original state you bought the phone but you can remove the root and it will be an acceptable stock for returning or doing an over the air update.
    I will be writing a tutorial on rooting soon.

Hope i helped alittle
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I simply swapped out my MicroSD card from my old Razr Maxx and inserted into my Note 2, and bamm! No problem. Or you can also copy and paste a Music folder of MP3s from your laptop to your phone via a USB cable and having your laptop recognize your phone as external hard drive instead of charging only.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Welcome New guy with a question

The beautiful thing about Android is that it is very flexible. There are many methods to do somthing like add music or pics to your phone.
    If you are use to syncing such as with IOS you can use an app called DoubleTwist, you download it to your phone and go to their website and install it onto your computer. this will simulate the syncing style that Itunes has.

You can also simply connect your phone via USB to your computer,in your notifications you will see "connected as installer" drop down the menu and select that, then select the option media device (MTP). When you connect you make your way over to start button on the taskbar of your computer then select "Computer" this will display all drives connected to your computer find the portable devices section you will see SCH-I605 (portable media player) select this. This will open up your phones internal storage either the onboard memory or SD card if one is in your phone. You can open either one and find a music folder where you can simple drag any music you have on your computer directly into this folder.
    For pictures find the DCIM folder, you can add the pictures to your Camera folder or create a folder and call it whatever you like. you will be able to go onto your gallery on your phone and view these pictures.

On your phone you can use your File manager in the app drawer and move files directly on your phone.

There are many apps that you can get music from such as androids own Play store. or samsungs media hub. Amazon ...etc

As for rooting you can not go back to exactly the original state you bought the phone but you can remove the root and it will be an acceptable stock for returning or doing an over the air update.
    I will be writing a tutorial on rooting soon.

Hope i helped alittle
    DroidXcon likes this.