Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.

What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.

Global Posts
    4,347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.

There is a sticky for screenshots now:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Screenshots : Let's see them
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.

Launchers are very subjective, right now I am still on stock TouchWiz launcher, waiting to see what comes of Chameleon Launcher, I read it here and while this one is for the tablet they are working on an Android Phone version as well.

You can also check out a mod by Beanstown106 over at XDA-Developers.com in the Verizon GN2 section for a 5x4 Launcher Mod.

I use Nova Launcher. Love it. I just set Google Now to open by swiping up from the dock.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I will have to check out Nova launcher again, its been quite some time.

Go Launcher Ex

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.-uploadfromtaptalk1355024849681.jpg  
    Kdubbn likes this.

ROM
    JB

I loved nova launcher but switched to all Apex recently for no particular reason.

Love this glass theme and the ability to hide the navigation bar (swipe down anywhere and it opens it)What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.-uploadfromtaptalk1355025958307.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post
    I loved nova launcher but switched to all Apex recently for no particular reason.

Love this glass theme and the ability to hide the navigation bar (swipe down anywhere and it opens it)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355025958307.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	50294

Pretty slick! Do launchers eat up any more ram or memory than touchwiz?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I kinda dig the Atom Launcher. Very light and innovative with all the advanced features included for no additional fee.

It doesn't have as many themes yet, but it's a solid fresh choice.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Pretty slick! Do launchers eat up any more ram or memory than touchwiz?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm thinking of trying the Nova Launcher does it eat up the battery?

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Not at all
    Thanked by:

Nova is simple and sweet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.-uploadfromtaptalk1355097467031.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Kdubbn likes this.

I have been using Next Launcher the last couple of days and I have never been so amazed by an android app. It is a very expensive app, but I have most all of the paid launcher versions and this one is the smoothest and most fun of all. The animation is amazing. It is similar to tsfshell but not as cluttered and more intuitive. It is heavier than apex and nova but seems good on battery. Next launcher is from go launcher and just came out on the 7th so its not feature packed as others but the potential is there.
    Thanked by:

Just got a Note II and am overall loving it, but the one thing I'm not loving is the 4x4 icon grid. It just looks too "low-res" for me. I assume I can fix this with a launcher, but can anyone tell me which one?

Also, will a new launcher break multiview or the S-Pen gestures?

Quote Originally Posted by genlyai View Post
    I assume I can fix this with a launcher, but can anyone tell me which one?
    Yes, you can. Apex and Nova allow you to change the grid size on your homescreens.

Also, will a new launcher break multiview or the S-Pen gestures?
    No, it will not. I am using Apex, and still use multi-view and S-Pen features. Not an issue.

Thanked by:

Awesome, thanks!

Awesome, thanks!
    No problem! Enjoy!
    Thanked by:

One thing i don't like about Nova that has me using Apex......too often I get stuck simply scrolling from one screen to the next. I can easily flip screen to screen on any other launcher I've used but this one acts stubborn for me. Takes more effort...you gotta keep your finger on the screen longer or your pages won't flip. Speed wise I see no difference. Btw I have the paid versions of both.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Quote Originally Posted by burwil View Post
    One thing i don't like about Nova that has me using Apex......too often I get stuck simply scrolling from one screen to the next. I can easily flip screen to screen on any other launcher I've used but this one acts stubborn for me. Takes more effort...you gotta keep your finger on the screen longer or your pages won't flip. Speed wise I see no difference. Btw I have the paid versions of both.

Completely agree about the Nova launcher scrolling issue. It acts the same way on ever phone and tablet I use. That's the only reason I don't use it much anymore.
    Thanked by:
    dedduck0121 likes this.

I had been using Nova because Touchwiz just isn't my thing but I am always up for new things and saw Next Launcher just released by the Go Dev team and it is pretty dang cool. Transitions and animations are smooth as butter and it has a free grid for app placement and widget resizing. It's early on in development but I'm definitely looking forward to updates!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.-screenshot_2012-12-11-03-20-46.png  
    Thanked by:
    leroybrute likes this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50609 [/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.-screenshots_2012-12-11-09-40-531995841347.jpg  
    leroybrute likes this.

Switched to the Holo Launcher Plus because Apex was not updating my Falcon Twitter widget. This is a very fast launcher as far as scrolling pages. You just need to increase the default speed in the settings. Looks very much like Apex just faster.

Thanked by:

What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.-uploadfromtaptalk1355358433157.jpg
    What is the best launcher? Please share a screenshot of your homescreen.-uploadfromtaptalk1355358448632.jpg

Screenshots of my app drawer transitions tried my best to catch them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Kdubbn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post

Love this glass theme and the ability to hide the navigation bar (swipe down anywhere and it opens it)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355025958307.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	50294

Wow!!!! Just downloaded apex launcher and that theme is sleek! Which theme is it?

I like it. What theme is it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast