Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: "SD card unexpectedly removed"

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    use mini to format your sd card as fat32/primary and you wont have any problems
    "use mini" Guess it should be obvious but please "mini" what?

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged

My card was fat32 and the problem still happened. Unfortunately this is not a solution.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

google minitool partition wizard
    Thanked by:

Attempting to read or repair in the computer was a no go. Back to Amazon for a credit. (This was actually on 1/17) I just decided on a lexar class 10 card (NOT UHS-1) Since no one has mentioned issues with them AND because I looked at Samsung's website for a 32GB micro SD card and did not see the one EVERYONE (but Amazon) is selling on Amazon. :/

Fingers crossed that I'm ok with Lexar, if not, I give up and will go back to Apple and their crazy restrictions on what I get to tinker with before I jailbreak. (In 2 years) At least I never had any weird issues with their hardware.

Quick question..it's everyone having this problem using a ScanDisk and the Ultra series of SD?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Quick question..it's everyone having this problem using a ScanDisk and the Ultra series of SD?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    Mainly the 32gb version.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

I am sick over my SD card. None of the pics I had were on it when I put it into the Note2. Previous phones never that problem. I am so sick over it. But they are on my FB and what's weird ....not all if them were put on FB....pics I can never replace. With Larry Fitzgerald. And my kitten when she was tiny 8 weeks old.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,727 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I am sick over my SD card. None of the pics I had were on it when I put it into the Note2. Previous phones never that problem. I am so sick over it. But they are on my FB and what's weird ....not all if them were put on FB....pics I can never replace. With Larry Fitzgerald. And my kitten when she was tiny 8 weeks old.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Sorry to hear that. Anytime I pull my sd card I back it up and clean it for the next round. It is getting cluttered again. Time to back it up again I suppose:o

Thanked by:

OK, so I've got the same Sandisk 32gb ultra class 10 that everyone else has, started getting these errors about two weeks (ballpark) ago. I will try a different sd card. Funny thing, is my husband has the same card on his SIII (I got two one sale at radio shack for like $70 total) and he has not had any issues so I'm definitely thinking its software issues with the Note2. I will try to get a new card/different size over the weekend and see what happens. Its annoying as crap because my ringtones, alarm tones, etc dont work. I will see whats what but I am at least glad that I am not on my own on this issue

Yep, pretty much the same problem everyone else has, but now it says that the "SD card is blank or has unsupported files"....really?
    From this thread I can't quite figure out if it is the Sandisk, the hardware in my phone (Galaxy Note 2 Sprint) or the software.
    I'm also attaching a screenshot here where you can see the message in the top with the exclamation sign AND the indication that I have 40 GB of pictures and videos,which is clearly not possible.
    Any more discoveries about this issue?

Last edited by awillistx; 01-23-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: image size

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged

Quote Originally Posted by awillistx View Post
    Yep, pretty much the same problem everyone else has, but now it says that the "SD card is blank or has unsupported files"....really?
    From this thread I can't quite figure out if it is the Sandisk, the hardware in my phone (Galaxy Note 2 Sprint) or the software.
    I'm also attaching a screenshot here where you can see the message in the top with the exclamation sign AND the indication that I have 40 GB of pictures and videos,which is clearly not possible.

Mine was also showing a ridiculous amount for pics and videos. I dunno what's up though

Quote Originally Posted by awillistx View Post
    Update:
    As of Friday night, the card symbol with the exclamation sign disappeared and the card is 'back to normal'......<cue music of the Twilight Zone'>
    Also, before the return to normal, in desperation, I clicked on 'blank SD card' a few times and chose the Format option which took me right back to the symbol with the exclamation point.
    When things returned to 'normal' the content of the card was perfectly A-ok.......WT*?

I had exactly the same card. Eventually the card failed. I have since purchased a class 10 lexar 16gb. I am now having the same issue again. I dropped about 1500 mp3 on a music folder and had about 1500 pictures. I lost all of the data not synched with photo bucket. All of the music was lost.

The card was unreadable on the computer. I am hoping a just had a failed card. I think it is a larger issue.
    dannyg000 likes this.

Hi All

I had this same problem on my note 2 using a sandisk class 10 card.

After showing my problem to a fellow note 2 user who used to have an old iphone he gave me the solution that has SOLVED the problem.

Step 1. Cut a small piece of cardboard from a business card about the size of your thumb nail

Step 2 take the back cover of your phone

Step 3 Place the cardboard over the top of where the micro sd card is sitting

Step 4 replace cover ensuring cardboard remains in place

This completely resolved the issue. It would appear the problem is NOT a software issue but a issue to do with the contact on either the card or the phone (not enough pressure).

How did an iphone user give me this solution? He has the same problem with a sim card in his iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by derichio02 View Post
    I have seen on a thread on xda that the culprit is actually seeming to be the sandisk cards. They use a different format (UHS-I) than many other cards. Sandisk also has weird partitioning on some of its cards. I went to Best Buy yesterday and was able to pick up a 32gb class 10 PNY card for 29.99. So far I'm on my 14th hour with no message or SD card problems. I also recall seeing a thread where sandisk admitted to be having problems with Samsung mobile devices. I am not saying who's at fault here but it does seem to be a compatibility issue.

Bought the 32GB PNY last Friday. I just got the same error this morning "SD card is blank or has unsupported files". I previous had a 16GB card from another phone and it happened to that one as well. I can't read either card in my laptop. Both the phone and laptop want to format the card. It is not manufacturer or size specific. This is a problem with the Note 2.

Actually it seems to be a Samsung problem. I see others with S2, S3 having the same problem.

got the same issue as everyone else... month and a half after buying it, suddely get the stupid message, something is fishy. there is no way everyones sd cards just started dying. verizon note 2 with 32gb sandisk ultra
    dannyg000 likes this.

btw tried this and it didnt help

Quote Originally Posted by Rawbaws View Post
    Hi All

I had this same problem on my note 2 using a sandisk class 10 card.

After showing my problem to a fellow note 2 user who used to have an old iphone he gave me the solution that has SOLVED the problem.

Step 1. Cut a small piece of cardboard from a business card about the size of your thumb nail

Step 2 take the back cover of your phone

Step 3 Place the cardboard over the top of where the micro sd card is sitting

Step 4 replace cover ensuring cardboard remains in place

This completely resolved the issue. It would appear the problem is NOT a software issue but a issue to do with the contact on either the card or the phone (not enough pressure).

How did an iphone user give me this solution? He has the same problem with a sim card in his iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by ruvy01 View Post
    got the same issue as everyone else... month and a half after buying it, suddely get the stupid message, something is fishy. there is no way everyones sd cards just started dying. verizon note 2 with 32gb sandisk ultra
    Yes many on various forum came to the conclusion about a month or so ago that the Note 2 and the 32gb Sandisk and perhaps some other smaller Sandisks do not play well together. Maybe I've overlooked it but I have not heard of anyone having the issue with the 64gb Sandisk or any size card made by other memory manufacturers.
    Last edited by universeand; 02-12-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged

Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    Yes many on various forum came to the conclusion about a month or so ago that the Note 2 and the 32gb Sandisk and perhaps some other smaller Sandisks do not play well together. Maybe I've overlooked it but I have not heard of anyone having the issue with the 64gb Sandisk or any size card made by other memory manufacturers.
    Check a couple posts up or on xda. It also seems to be happening to more cards from different manufacturers.

btw i formated to extFAT with my pc and so far no errors.. the card is still under-performing though. 8 point something read mb and 13 read.

I was having the same issue using a ScanDisk 32gb micro SD. I tried formatting it various different times and ways with not change. Ultimately the only resolution has been to use a different brand card. I picked up a Transcend 32gb card and have had none of the same problems.

i am using note 2 and cheaper source of 32G micro SD class 10, i have the problem too, very lag and annoying, after 2month usage, So its smartphone problem or SD card problem?How to solve?

mine is 32G sandisk class 10, face the same problem after 2 months, so who is the problem, the smartphone or the card?

really? means sandisk problem??? i am using note 2 and sandisk 32G class 10 but got this problem.

how about warrant from Sandisk? i am using 32G class 10 too.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast