Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree11Likes

ROM
    None

Default Re: "SD card unexpectedly removed"

My 32 gb class 10 Sandisk did the same to me. Eventually,my phone stop reading it altogether. I'm temporarily using an older 16gb Sandisk card until my 64 gb card arrives.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2

I've had the same issue. I got two 32gb sandisk cards during Black Friday sale. Within the last month the one in my Note 2 would give me the 'removed unexpectedly' and more recently 'card is blank' errors. I switched cards, pulling the one from my Asus 300tf. So far it's been good. Guess we'll see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Saruichiban View Post
    I've had the same issue. I got two 32gb sandisk cards during Black Friday sale. Within the last month the one in my Note 2 would give me the 'removed unexpectedly' and more recently 'card is blank' errors. I switched cards, pulling the one from my Asus 300tf. So far it's been good. Guess we'll see what happens in the upcoming weeks.
    LOL, that's where I got my 16 gb card from - my old TF300. I cracked my LCD almost a year ago and haven't used it since.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

Been getting this once every 2-3 days or so recently, which I could live with, but just today I got an "SD Card Damaged" notification. Uh oh, might be time to buy a new card.

Have people been error free with 64gb cards? That's probably a little bigger than I need, but I just want this issue to go away.

Thumbs down Re: "SD card unexpectedly removed"

Same problem here.

It seems that doing the update from ICS to Jelly Bean whilst leaving the SD card in the phone has damaged the card. I have tried two other 32Gig SD Micro cards and they both work perfectly. As soon as the defective card has been put back in, keep getting the 'unexpected unmounted' message, and also sometimes 'Damaged SD Card'. Phone crashes randomly, even when on phone call.

Google/Android developers: As there are many others with the same symptoms after update, you should have a warning before running the update to shut down the phone, remove the card, then try the update again. It's cost 15 to replace the card, which is not worth fighting over, but you should warn users about this.

Galaxy Note 1 (Samsung GT-N7000) when upgrading to Android 4.1.2 Baseband N7000XXLSO. Kernal 3.0.31-906407. se.infra@SEI-46 #3. SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 14 02:26:43 KST 2013. Build JZO54K.N7000XXLSZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Saruichiban View Post
    Similarly I'm now on my second 32 GB SanDisk. Hate their customer service. I won't buy another from them. If Amazon comments are any indication their failure rate is not good.

Sent by my hookah via hashclouddddd......

SOLVED by this workaround. Credit to XDA user sijie.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sijie View Post
    I had this problem on my SIII with a Kingston 32G Class 4 card.

What failed:
    1. Changing kernals and ROMs
    2. twrp / goomanager / open recovery script
    3. Setting SD card cache

What worked:
    Thanks to the SD card monitor app, it was obvious that this problem only occurred when the screen was locked. It unmounted / remounted every ~3min, which drained the battery really fast. So I suspect it's caused by the phone's sleeping mode. After trying out a few apps, Wake Lock app did the job for me. Download the app from Google Play and set it to PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK to keep the CPU awake constantly. Of course it consumes battery too, but way better than the SD card did before. Now the card never gets ejected and the battery can last more than 10hrs in normal usage.
    /Quote

This worked for me!! Very minimal impact on battery. This is clearly a power saving issue compatibility with certain SD cards.

S2x T989 (koodo)
    Android 4.1.2
    32GB adata class 4 SD

Was mounting and unmounting dozens to hundreds of times/day, but never when plugged in (e.g. charging overnight). Did not seem to be a physical problem with SD slot or card. Formatting SD would temporarily help, but it would come back. Had tried disabling various power saving, various ways of formatting in computer or phone or phone via computer, etc. Nothing worked until now.

Wake Lock app with Partial_Wake_Lock seems to have solved issue!
    Thanked by:
    ToddL 

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

Thanks for the tip. This might be a dumb question, but would Wake Lock conflict with other battery saving apps like Green Power? I wasn't sure if perhaps Wake Lock would try to keep things awake while Green Power would be trying to shut things down.

I use a Galaxy S2 I9100 with JellyBean installed, and with a Sandisk 32 G card

I have had the problem of the SD card unexpectedly removed; tried powering down, nothing worked.

When I got home put the card in a reader on my pc, and was able to see the files, so the card seems OK.

Finally I inserted the SD card into an old phone (LG Optimus one) and the menu showed the storage information and options to unmount. I did that and reinserted the card into the S2 and now seems fine.

So if you have an old phone around, give this a shot!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I had a 32 gb scandisk that had this same problem and was eventually ruined to never work in any devise. I just purchased a 32 gb transend to replace it and have the same problem already after one day. Very dissapointing.

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen1975 View Post
    I had a 32 gb scandisk that had this same problem and was eventually ruined to never work in any devise. I just purchased a 32 gb transend to replace it and have the same problem already after one day. Very dissapointing.
    I bought a class 6 16GB Samsung card. No problems yet, after about 2 weeks.

I have a Galaxy S3 with a Lexar 32Gb class 10 micro sd card and started having the unmount error issue today. This is after using the card perfectly fine for over six months! What gives?

the same thing happened to me when i moved pictures onto sd card
    it's not the card. i've bought new cards. it's not the brand of card either. i've tried that too

I've had a Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 in my S3 for over a year with no problems. I did have problems with a 32GB Sandisk in my S2 though..... :-)

Sent using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Tapatalk 4

I'm usually on Twitter @Ichi_Bear ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by William_KM View Post
    OK -
    My wife and I bought a Samsung Note 2 and both of us have installed a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 Micro SD.
    Within a day of each other, we started encountering the following EVERYTIME we use our phones:

SD CARD UNEXPECTEDLY REMOVED
    REMOVING SD CARD
    PREPARING SD CARD

I can't find any reason why it is doing this.
    We have saved everything off of the SD Micro Cards, and reformatted, yet same issue - has anyone found a solution yet?
    Thanks,

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

I tried many things, nothing worked until I broke down and bought a Samsung SD card. That was 6 months ago, and haven't had that warning pop up once with the new card.

I bought a cheap microsd from ebay, it began to unexpected remove, and doing so always when I was compying or sending a bigger files, and sometimes it removes instantly after inserting card in. At the 2nd problem always helped puting card into another phone and back.
    The first problem I never have solved, I would say that it's because of a cheap piece from ebay

my 4gb "SD card unexpectedly removed" automatic in htc inspire 4g(disire HD).. why???
    give me solution this problam plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cool Re: "SD card unexpectedly removed"

I also received the same message, followed the forum advice of re formatting sd card (sandisk 32GB) and so far no more problems. I formatted it on my PC (UbuntuGnome 14.04) so far so good. Had to reinstall a few apps, but they were already backed up to sd card. I copied all data to PC prior to re formatting sd card.

Good luck to all, hope this helps.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456