"SD card unexpectedly removed"

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So I swapped out my 32 gigabyte SanDisk card that I had in my note 2 with the 16 gigabyte SanDisk card and for the last 12 hours or so I've had no alerts whatsoever.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

nexususer99

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
My battery ran down a lot faster than usual yesterday and I think the SD Card issue might ave been the culprit, so I ended up just pulling my card and will do without until this is resolved. I don't want to stick in a new card and have it die as well, so I'll just keep monitoring this thread and hopefully we'll see some kind of resolution shortly...

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So just an update : I've had the 16gb card in for the last 2 days and no messages whatsoever. So it seems it was my 32gb card that my note didn't like!
I guess I'll have to go to the 64gb card if I want more space! (and use my 32 for something else!)

JaiHook

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
So just an update : I've had the 16gb card in for the last 2 days and no messages whatsoever. So it seems it was my 32gb card that my note didn't like!
I guess I'll have to go to the 64gb card if I want more space! (and use my 32 for something else!)

I've had my SanDisk 16GB card since 12/11 and all was fine until today. I got error messages similar to what's been posted. It won't recognize on my PC or phone. I was going to buy a new one (and I may still) but I won't be using until issue is resolved. No need to waste money.

alinosa

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My note 2 claimed a video couldn't be played from my sd card, then played it (yesterday). Then today I start getting the "unexpectedly removed....etc" error when i unlock my phone. Not every time but a couple times today. It's an ATT Note2 with a class10 Sandisk 32GB card. :/ I'll try formatting in my computer and seeing if that helps.

Last edited:

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having this problem on Day 2 of my second GN2 (first one crashed on concrete and I got a replacement phone through insurance). I'm using a SanDisk 32gb class 10 card and had no issues in my first GN2. The message has popped up three times today when waking up the phone.

Just as an update to my original post, I haven't had any more errors since about 1/5/13. Hopefully they have made efforts to fix the error?

alinosa

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I uninstalled several apps that were installed right before i started having problems (they were storage management apps so I thought they were relevant) and the errors stopped. I thought I was good to go. Then Last night I put my phone on the charger since it was almost dead (~20%) while I gamed a bit. I woke up the phone to see how much juice I had once I finished with my xbox and lo and behold: my sd card was being prepared again. great. because it was late I forwent re-formatting in a computer and just went to bed. I get to work without incident and 3 hours in I get "sd card blank or not formatted" and now my phone will not recognize it at all. WTF? I hope my sandisk card hasn't been trashed by my phone. I'll put it in my computer tonight and see if I can get it recognized.

alinosa

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Attempting to read or repair in the computer was a no go. Back to Amazon for a credit. (This was actually on 1/17) I just decided on a lexar class 10 card (NOT UHS-1) Since no one has mentioned issues with them AND because I looked at Samsung's website for a 32GB micro SD card and did not see the one EVERYONE (but Amazon) is selling on Amazon. :/

Fingers crossed that I'm ok with Lexar, if not, I give up and will go back to Apple and their crazy restrictions on what I get to tinker with before I jailbreak. (In 2 years) At least I never had any weird issues with their hardware.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am sick over my SD card. None of the pics I had were on it when I put it into the Note2. Previous phones never that problem. I am so sick over it. But they are on my FB and what's weird ....not all if them were put on FB....pics I can never replace. With Larry Fitzgerald. And my kitten when she was tiny 8 weeks old.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am sick over my SD card. None of the pics I had were on it when I put it into the Note2. Previous phones never that problem. I am so sick over it. But they are on my FB and what's weird ....not all if them were put on FB....pics I can never replace. With Larry Fitzgerald. And my kitten when she was tiny 8 weeks old.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Sorry to hear that. Anytime I pull my sd card I back it up and clean it for the next round. It is getting cluttered again. Time to back it up again I suppose:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

brook196

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I've got the same Sandisk 32gb ultra class 10 that everyone else has, started getting these errors about two weeks (ballpark) ago. I will try a different sd card. Funny thing, is my husband has the same card on his SIII (I got two one sale at radio shack for like $70 total) and he has not had any issues so I'm definitely thinking its software issues with the Note2. I will try to get a new card/different size over the weekend and see what happens. Its annoying as crap because my ringtones, alarm tones, etc dont work. I will see whats what but I am at least glad that I am not on my own on this issue ;)

awillistx

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yep, pretty much the same problem everyone else has, but now it says that the "SD card is blank or has unsupported files"....really?
From this thread I can't quite figure out if it is the Sandisk, the hardware in my phone (Galaxy Note 2 Sprint) or the software.
I'm also attaching a screenshot here where you can see the message in the top with the exclamation sign AND the indication that I have 40 GB of pictures and videos,which is clearly not possible.
Any more discoveries about this issue?

Screenshots_2013-01-23-12-55-34_zpsfffc5ba5.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze