Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Quick Commands Not Working

Considering that Contacts may be problematic, would be good to pull them up thru a PC and make sure the name fields don't have any extraneous characters that QC might baulk at. May want to export them to CSV and pull them up in a speadsheet to more easily review.

Try to change Input language from EN (us) to EN (Uk) :..Don't know why but it Worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by matshady View Post
    Try to change Input language from EN (us) to EN (Uk) :..Don't know why but it Worked for me
    Made an account to say this worked for me, thanks! Love the S Pen.

I also tried it without a Gmail account/ turning syncing on/off using the EN (us) keyboard beforehand and that didn't work.

l have He same problem that "My Quil" #48. Doesn't work with G-mail App. Also lot of bugs when trying to create your own commands.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Android Central Forums

I have had the same issue. I did get it to work when I removed my Google account but then it made things worst. Whenever I got a text or call the persons name and pic were gone so all I had was a number. If your like me and have a lot of contacts you don't memorize everyone's number. I also tried switching to (UK) and that didn't work either.

I have noticed using a third party keyboard blocked some of the S pen capabilities.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Thumbs up Re: Quick Commands Not Working

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem... and I'm very happy to find this discussion forum. But before i restore my device to the factory setting, is it actually possible to fix this issue (by not syncing the 'contact') without restoring it to the factory setting????

Many thanks!!!

Factory reset won't help so don't bother. I trued another gmail account and it worked for about 5 minutes then it just freezes up. Eventually someone somewhere will have a fix for this. So for now were all out of luck.

I got it!!!!
    i had the same problem for weeks! The problem is the keyboard method! If the keyboard you use is not samsongs then it dose t work but if you change it back only for the quick command than it does!
    am i a genius or what?! Im so happy ^_^

I tried your method and it didnt work.

Just updated the Firmware and this is fixed !

What firmware?

I am having this issue as well. Very troublesome. I have all SW updates installed, all apps are up to date. I do use Swiftkey3 but have switched back to the Samsung keyboard, restarted and tried again, nothing. To make sure I am on the same page I do not have any email accounts setup in the Samsung default email client. I changed the quick command settings for the @ to open Gmail. When I type the @ in quick commands it says opening Gmail then returns to the home screen and does nothing else. I have tried using the Samsung keyboard, unchecking sync contacts. I am not using the 2 step verification on this account. When it was still set to open the native app with Swiftkey as the keyboard it worked fine so I don't think (at least on my phone) that the 3rd party keyboard is the issue. Not sure what else to try. I don't want to add my gmail in the native app and get double notifications just to use the quick command.
    Motorola RAZR > HTC PPC6800 > Blackberry Curve > Blackberry Tour> Motorola Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt> Galaxy Note 2

Not sure...

I just went to Settings > About Device > Software Update... And I just let it updated.

I have a Galaxy Note 8.
    My S-pen works fine, except for the quick command function.
    i can swipe all i want and press all i want. No quick command box appearing.
    I'd be thankful for any ideas on how to fix this.
    Bart

Good luck, there hasn't been a fix for this issue.. Just another gadget we pay for that doesn't function like it should. Samsung could care less. I have contacted them on several occasions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah I am having a rough time figuring this out myself. It is kinda tricky. I gave up and use Google Now to do that stuff. Mostly hands free making it easier and faster. well to make a call and such...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123