Verizon voice mail

machin576

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a trick to some form of visual voice mail? I know I can pay $2.99 a month for their version. I tried Google voice, but it continues to freeze when I try to set it up. It originally said there was something wrong with my carrier. Let me know some tricks, or your favorite app for voice mail.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a trick to some form of visual voice mail? I know I can pay $2.99 a month for their version. I tried Google voice, but it continues to freeze when I try to set it up. It originally said there was something wrong with my carrier. Let me know some tricks, or your favorite app for voice mail.

I'm a cheap bastard with some things and I use the free stuff. I don't need visual voice mail - I can hear who it is. :D

Verizon bones me enough.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm a cheap bastard with some things and I use the free stuff. I don't need visual voice mail - I can hear who it is. :D

Verizon bones me enough.

Yeah same here, don't need to see who it was, there is a call history and my ears work fine.

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I had to call Verizon tech support and get it reset. Something about not communicating with the voicemail servers. Once they reset it i set it up with no problem.

machin576

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I had to call Verizon tech support and get it reset. Something about not communicating with the voicemail servers. Once they reset it i set it up with no problem.

They reset your voice mail to help set up Google voice?

I came from sprint and not having free visual voice mail wad kind of a shocker.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

As you know by now.....nothing is free with Verizon.

Except ulcers.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have complaints. Then why not leave? Gets really tiring of seeing customers complain about things. I happen to like Verizon. I once sold wireless for a retailer over 5 yrs. Been a customer when they were AirTouch. They are the best and always will be. Don't like em...then leave! I like the visual voice mail. Wouldn't be without it. Its personal preference

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

No my voicemail, couldn't access it on the note. Works great now, along with the visual voice mail (which I also like :)

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
vInbox is the best service out there. It transcribes the voicemail to text and emails it to you with a wav file. It works well for me, because as an attorney I can't always listen to the message when I am in Court.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you have complaints. Then why not leave? Gets really tiring of seeing customers complain about things. I happen to like Verizon. I once sold wireless for a retailer over 5 yrs. Been a customer when they were AirTouch. They are the best and always will be. Don't like em...then leave! I like the visual voice mail. Wouldn't be without it. Its personal preference

I wouldnt leave vzw (not yet) anyway but I wouldnt give those money grubbers one dime extra. Google voice all the way.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Other than their network, everything about Verizon sucks
especially how they try to charge for features that Google includes for free
(such as VZ navigator)

just use Google voice for visual voice mail
its better than the crappy Verizon app anyway

duenan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I think after being with them for 6 years that they would MAYBE ONCE cut me some slack in an upgrade 9 days early - but no, they say I have to pay full retail price for the note 2 if I wanted to get it.

I can't say I've had any issues with them and they SAY they care about customer loyalty, but I can surely attest that all they care about is their bottom line and not the customer. I remember when users would threaten to move to another carrier, companies would bend over backwards to keep them - but not any more.

machin576

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I can put up with stuff like this. When you are on sprint and they tell you you don't have problems even though your phone won't connect, drops calls, downloads at 200kbs etc. It's all about function for me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think after being with them for 6 years that they would MAYBE ONCE cut me some slack in an upgrade 9 days early - but no, they say I have to pay full retail price for the note 2 if I wanted to get it.

I can't say I've had any issues with them and they SAY they care about customer loyalty, but I can surely attest that all they care about is their bottom line and not the customer. I remember when users would threaten to move to another carrier, companies would bend over backwards to keep them - but not any more.

I get to upgrade March 28th a month early from April 28th thru customer care. Stores can't early upgrade. Never have been allowed to...I sold verizon.
Call customer care ....

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's built in and free on the iPhone but not enough of a savings for me to switch to iCrap lol.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I used to use the Youmail app for visual voicemail. Now i use Visual Voicemail Plus by Phonefusion. Check it out, its free.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to use the Youmail app for visual voicemail. Now i use Visual Voicemail Plus by Phonefusion. Check it out, its free.