Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon voice mail

Is there a trick to some form of visual voice mail? I know I can pay $2.99 a month for their version. I tried Google voice, but it continues to freeze when I try to set it up. It originally said there was something wrong with my carrier. Let me know some tricks, or your favorite app for voice mail.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,589 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Verizon voice mail

Quote Originally Posted by machin576 View Post
    Is there a trick to some form of visual voice mail? I know I can pay $2.99 a month for their version. I tried Google voice, but it continues to freeze when I try to set it up. It originally said there was something wrong with my carrier. Let me know some tricks, or your favorite app for voice mail.

I'm a cheap ******* with some things and I use the free stuff. I don't need visual voice mail - I can hear who it is.

Verizon bones me enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I'm a cheap ******* with some things and I use the free stuff. I don't need visual voice mail - I can hear who it is.

Verizon bones me enough.
    Yeah same here, don't need to see who it was, there is a call history and my ears work fine.

I use Google voice on my note 2 and I am on Verizon.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I had to call Verizon tech support and get it reset. Something about not communicating with the voicemail servers. Once they reset it i set it up with no problem.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Goldchamp View Post
    I had to call Verizon tech support and get it reset. Something about not communicating with the voicemail servers. Once they reset it i set it up with no problem.
    They reset your voice mail to help set up Google voice?

I came from sprint and not having free visual voice mail wad kind of a shocker.

Global Posts
    4,589 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

As you know by now.....nothing is free with Verizon.

Except ulcers.
    mileaway likes this.

Just use Google voice for your voice mail

If you have complaints. Then why not leave? Gets really tiring of seeing customers complain about things. I happen to like Verizon. I once sold wireless for a retailer over 5 yrs. Been a customer when they were AirTouch. They are the best and always will be. Don't like em...then leave! I like the visual voice mail. Wouldn't be without it. Its personal preference

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Goldchamp and collett like this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

No my voicemail, couldn't access it on the note. Works great now, along with the visual voice mail (which I also like

vInbox is the best service out there. It transcribes the voicemail to text and emails it to you with a wav file. It works well for me, because as an attorney I can't always listen to the message when I am in Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    If you have complaints. Then why not leave? Gets really tiring of seeing customers complain about things. I happen to like Verizon. I once sold wireless for a retailer over 5 yrs. Been a customer when they were AirTouch. They are the best and always will be. Don't like em...then leave! I like the visual voice mail. Wouldn't be without it. Its personal preference

I wouldnt leave vzw (not yet) anyway but I wouldnt give those money grubbers one dime extra. Google voice all the way.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Other than their network, everything about Verizon sucks
    especially how they try to charge for features that Google includes for free
    (such as VZ navigator)

just use Google voice for visual voice mail
    its better than the crappy Verizon app anyway

Youmail is a good alternative and pretty user-friendly.

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon)

I think after being with them for 6 years that they would MAYBE ONCE cut me some slack in an upgrade 9 days early - but no, they say I have to pay full retail price for the note 2 if I wanted to get it.

I can't say I've had any issues with them and they SAY they care about customer loyalty, but I can surely attest that all they care about is their bottom line and not the customer. I remember when users would threaten to move to another carrier, companies would bend over backwards to keep them - but not any more.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I can put up with stuff like this. When you are on sprint and they tell you you don't have problems even though your phone won't connect, drops calls, downloads at 200kbs etc. It's all about function for me.

Quote Originally Posted by duenan View Post
    I think after being with them for 6 years that they would MAYBE ONCE cut me some slack in an upgrade 9 days early - but no, they say I have to pay full retail price for the note 2 if I wanted to get it.

I can't say I've had any issues with them and they SAY they care about customer loyalty, but I can surely attest that all they care about is their bottom line and not the customer. I remember when users would threaten to move to another carrier, companies would bend over backwards to keep them - but not any more.
    I get to upgrade March 28th a month early from April 28th thru customer care. Stores can't early upgrade. Never have been allowed to...I sold verizon.
    Call customer care ....

sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

It's built in and free on the iPhone but not enough of a savings for me to switch to iCrap lol.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

Hey Elvis

Ive had zero luck getting visual voicemail to work on my note 2. Can you tell me what you did? Even Verizon cant figure out whats wrong...

Thanks
    K

I used to use the Youmail app for visual voicemail. Now i use Visual Voicemail Plus by Phonefusion. Check it out, its free.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to use the Youmail app for visual voicemail. Now i use Visual Voicemail Plus by Phonefusion. Check it out, its free.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by Kristina Ledford View Post
    Hey Elvis

Ive had zero luck getting visual voicemail to work on my note 2. Can you tell me what you did? Even Verizon cant figure out whats wrong...

Thanks
    K
    I just followed how Google said to set it up and it works great. You do have to go into the phone setting and select Google voice to handle your voicemail. Hope this helps you :-)

Default Verizon voice mail

Google Voice for me. Works great and free! I like VZ service but don't like the nickel and dime stuff. Especially when the others provide it at no charge. I just got done fighting with them about getting charged $15 per month for a corporate email app. I already have limited data as it is, how can they justify more money for the same data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

I use Google Voice. When I get a call and don't want to pick up, the N2 gives me few selections on the screen like "I am in the meeting", ect. I touched and response using one of the standard messages but it does not work. Is there a way to get around this with Verizon?

Like another person noted earlier, give "Youmail" a chance. So far, it's pretty good for me. It's definitely equal or better than Verizon voicemail and i don't have to pay the fee for v voicemail.

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

With you there - busy all day at work with calls, etc. It is easy to use and invaluable to me - $2.99 is no big deal...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast