Poor 4g/3g hand off

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice or have problems with the hand off between 4g to 3g and back? I work in fringe area and I have many data drops just as bad as my thunderbolt. I can't find the force the 3g cmda option.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

fyrekraker

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've dropped to 3g, but no noticeable difficulty doing so. I'm also coming from a tbolt and on that turd, if I wasnt on wifi, I had about a 40% chance of getting data on a good day.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've dropped to 3g, but no noticeable difficulty doing so. I'm also coming from a tbolt and on that turd, if I wasnt on wifi, I had about a 40% chance of getting data on a good day.

I had good data with the latest radios and ICS leak on it. My problem is the section of highway I travel, it's not a big deal but annoying. I've missed several calls on this phone and had to restart my mobile data a few times. I'm calling verizon tonight to see what they think

Update: Verizon said to find an app to force me into 3G.

Last edited:

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had good data with the latest radios and ICS leak on it. My problem is the section of highway I travel, it's not a big deal but annoying. I've missed several calls on this phone and had to restart my mobile data a few times. I'm calling verizon tonight to see what they think

Losing your data connection should not cause you to miss calls. You may have some other issue going on here besides bad 4G to 3G handoff.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

"Phone info" app works great.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I've notice that in a couple areas I show 1 bar in 4G, but it won't actually move any data or drop to 3G. It's unusual, but it's happened a couple times.

mr.holtz

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
To the OP...

To toggle between 3g and 3g/LTE - Go to 'settings' - 'more settings' right at the top under wifi and bluetooth - 'mobile networks' - 'network mode'

That's how I do it on my GN2 from Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
To the OP...

To toggle between 3g and 3g/LTE - Go to 'settings' - 'more settings' right at the top under wifi and bluetooth - 'mobile networks' - 'network mode'

That's how I do it on my GN2 from Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

We don't have the same options on the Verizon phone. The options are global, cdma/lte and a third. Which I can't check at moment in airplane mode.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc