Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    I think your commentary about human rights is probably misdirected, as is your associated apparent threat.

As regards your original question regarding the vagaries of the JB operating system and how it treats SD cards, sadly I cannot help you, but hope someone knowledgeable is able to respond on this thread. I'm not quite sure why the Android OS people thought they were implementing an improvement when they mucked up the way the OS deals with external SD cards.
    actually there is no forum on my type of cell phone so i still have yet to get the help i need. i post my own thread, comment on an apparent " wrong thread " and then get treated like for standing up for my beliefs and defending myself.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    what am i black?!?!?! i need help too pool_shark. ive had this problem happen too many times and im losing memory i could be using for pics and music instead.
    so ur telling me that if im stupid when it comes to knowing the " correct terminology " so i can get help, dont bother asking?!?!?! sounds stupid if u ask me. and pool_shark? i know tons of ppl that say " what am i black? " as a JOKE and everyone ( including black ppl ) LAUGH AT IT. so unless u r living under a rock, u have NO RIGHT so say that to me.
    it was a figure of speech. fyi. and u could have addressed us both in one post but had the audacity not to.
    i have human rights. i do not need them violated otherwise this will turn into a more serious matter.
    thats also illegal. its called DISCRIMINATION and they can go to federal court. its like telling someone " im not gonna help u cuz ur an asian ". its illegal no matter what ur in. and actually ive seen alot of ppl go into mcdonalds and talk politics. they dont get hated on for it and neither should i for my beliefs and opinions. i was taught to stand up for what i believe in if i disagree with what is said. so that is what im doing. dont give ppl the right to discriminate or hate me for it.
    actually there is no forum on my type of cell phone so i still have yet to get the help i need. i post my own thread, comment on an apparent " wrong thread " and then get treated like for standing up for my beliefs and defending myself.

I went through the ENTIRE thread and quoted posts of yours that I have a problem with and could issue infractions/bans for. So let me take this opportunity to explain a few things.

Your first post is racist. Figure of speech or not, clearly people took offense to it. Read the forum rules on that one.

The second post is completely opposite to what you've been saying about free speech. Hypocritical is what it is.

Third post...you addressed multiple people in multiple posts instead of following your own advice.

Fourth post. Please explain "more serious matter"

Fifth post. Your first post is DISCRIMINATION. Please, take me to Federal Court for telling you to read the rules and follow them.

Sixth post. What kind of phone do you have?

Bottom line...you're trolling. Whether you agree or not that's what you're doing. You have completely derailed the thread and I'm being nice by letting you stick around. There are multiple things that you could be banned for. Racially offensive language, trolling, ignoring the warning of a moderator. Take your pick. This will be THE LAST WARNING. I will skip infraction and go straight to ban.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks. I I also reported them for derailing the thread(off topic and such).

All I wanted was to figure out a non-root solution to this sd card issue

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kale Blossom View Post
    All I wanted was to figure out a non-root solution to this sd card issue

I do apologize for this Kale, you came here asking for some help and your thread was completely thrown off topic.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

So I freaked out and darted to the My files where I discovered the thing has a build in external memory
    Well to clarify this point.

there is no built in external memory. there is only internal sdcard and external sdcard.
    Your internal storage is sdcard. sdcard and sdcard0 are the same thing, they are linked together if you delete seomthing from sdcard it will disappear from sdcard0
    extsdcard is your external sdcard.
    Google has done this by design for a couple reasons that frankly are above my head. I know one of the reasons is because they dont want external storage for whatever reason, this can be seen in their nexus devices. But whether they like them or not most apps from the market are set up to send their files to sdcard, so google had to keep the storage directory called sdcard.
    Now Samsung gets Jelly bean and wants to add external sdcard option (hooray for that), but they can not call their sdcard simply sdcard because this directory has already been designed into the system to deeply and they cant just change it. So they call their sdcard extsdcard.
    This renaming of directories is what is causing the "mess". Apps look for sdcard which intern fills your internal memory. The only way to fix this is to find settings on each individual app (if available) and direct it towards your external sdcard. for example your music players you need to go to settings and tell it what folders to look in . Or your camera you need to select external memory....etc

I dont know if this is an answer to your question , but maybe more of a reasoning to the seeming mess of storage.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Thanks for the explanation.

Sent from my SGSIII
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That's a very thoroughly done explanation and thank you! It looks like most of my favorite apps don't have specific settings for this, which totally blows. Hopefully that gets updated soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    there is no built in external memory. there is only internal sdcard and external sdcard.
    Your internal storage is sdcard. sdcard and sdcard0 are the same thing, they are linked together if you delete seomthing from sdcard it will disappear from sdcard0
    extsdcard is your external sdcard. Google has done this by design for a couple reasons that frankly are above my head. I know one of the reasons is because they dont want external storage for whatever reason, this can be seen in their nexus devices. But whether they like them or not most apps from the market are set up to send their files to sdcard, so google had to keep the storage directory called sdcard. Now Samsung gets Jelly bean and wants to add external sdcard option (hooray for that), but they can not call their sdcard simply sdcard because this directory has already been designed into the system to deeply and they cant just change it. So they call their sdcard extsdcard. This renaming of directories is what is causing the "mess". Apps look for sdcard which intern fills your internal memory. The only way to fix this is to find settings on each individual app (if available) and direct it towards your external sdcard. for example your music players you need to go to settings and tell it what folders to look in . Or your camera you need to select external memory....etc
    Thanks for this DroidXcon, this really helped me as well!

Nice save on a derailed post. Thanks for AWESOME INFORMATION.
    Thanked by:

Hey Kale Did you figure out how to get your phone to download and read from just your removable sd card? I just got mine and am noticing that i cant take pics,download and such to that card automatically . I have to go in and move them after the fact .
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Muck: no I haven't. Someone posted I could but I'd have to root

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Muckrunner View Post
    Hey Kale Did you figure out how to get your phone to download and read from just your removable sd card? I just got mine and am noticing that i cant take pics,download and such to that card automatically . I have to go in and move them after the fact .
    Muck: no I haven't. Someone posted I could but I'd have to root

to download from browser to SDcard =open browser>hit menu button>settings>advanced>Default storage>memory card
    From Camera app=hit the settings button then (looks like a gear)>scroll down to Storage>Memory card
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Hey I've read the entire post and I don't think my problem has been addressed. (I may have missed it).

I've uploaded about 1400 songs to my 32gig micro PNY card, however all of my music players (Music Player remix, Music Player, Double Twist) only show 500 songs. When I go into my files and click on a song that is in my extsdcard/music folder, but isn't shown in the music players, nothing happens. I have unmounted and restarted the phone and the problem persists.

Please help. Thanks.

Also my phone is not rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKong06 View Post
    Hey I've read the entire post and I don't think my problem has been addressed. (I may have missed it).

I've uploaded about 1400 songs to my 32gig micro PNY card, however all of my music players (Music Player remix, Music Player, Double Twist) only show 500 songs. When I go into my files and click on a song that is in my extsdcard/music folder, but isn't shown in the music players, nothing happens. I have unmounted and restarted the phone and the problem persists.

Please help. Thanks.

Also my phone is not rooted.
    I'm the developer of Music Player (Remix). One of my other users tweeted to me with a similar issue (no music apps were picking up files on the sd card). He eventually found a solution which was to go to to device settings -> Apps -> Media Storage (listed under "All Apps") and tap on "clear data". Then afterward reboot your device. This essentially forces Android to rescan the media library. Perhaps this will work for you as well.

Here's the twitter thread I'm referring to:
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm the developer of Music Player (Remix). One of my other users tweeted to me with a similar issue (no music apps were picking up files on the sd card). He eventually found a solution which was to go to to device settings -> Apps -> Media Storage (listed under "All Apps") and tap on "clear data". Then afterward reboot your device. This essentially forces Android to rescan the media library. Perhaps this will work for you as well

Here's the twitter thread I'm referring to:
    Thanks I just tried that but unfortunately the problem remains. It's not specific to music player remix. All of my music players show the same amount of songs.

Hello Everybody. Quite a responsive board, albeit a bit off topic at times. I have a similar issue with my Note 2. I am under Sprint and transplanted my Samsung MicroSD HC 8gb Class 2 to my Note 2 from my Evo 4G that I had for a couple years. My Evo 4G was from Sprint 2. I know for sure my card was working as of Tuesday evening 1/29 as I was recording video of my gf playing piano. Between then and early this morning (9am PST), I do remember a message saying my card had become unmounted but didn't think anything of it at the time. Now when I looked through my gallery, my card is not available. I plugged it into my computer, nothing pops up. I plugged it into my friend's phone, nothing popped up. What happened to my microSD card and is there anyway to recover my data?? Please help. Thank you!!

Strangest thing. My 32 gig has been in 3 HTC devices and now the Note2. No issues with my music but no photos! That bothered me. Photos I can never replace. Here is the weird part. All the photos saved to my FB.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

hi guys im having problems with my galaxy note 2 it keeps rejecting the memory card it use to work fine and now it keeps rejecting the card it gives me a mesage saying sd card unexpectably removed, not shure if its the phone or the card at the moment its not reading the card at all please help......
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123