Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Kale Blossom's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Sooooo I upgraded from the Samsung galaxy s. Popped in my micro sd card from the old devoce and went to "restore" several apps (mypod and ovuview) amd it couldn't find the file. So I freaked out and darted to the My files where I discovered the thing has a build in external memory(WTF? Seriously?). Anyway, I got the apps to restore and set everything to auto save to my actual micro SD card but alas, it still dosen't save things there by default.
    Every thing is in DISSARAY! How do I get everything to just read the SD card so it's all in one place(that's why I got the 32gb one anyway, I back it up to my computer every now and then and use my phone as my flash drive for school and such). If anyone knows how to do this withOUTrooting, that's preferred. I just got the thing and want to enjoy it stock for a bit. I finally feel like I can do that since I've left Virgin Mobile and the devices actually perform fairly decently(everything about the note 2 is STELLAR).

    Thanks in advance everypony!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    I'm not really sure what you're asking here, but perhaps you are unaware that since jelly bean came out, apps do not save to the microSD card anymore? This I believe is a google's choice.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    I get what he's saying and it never occurred to me, but now it's putting me into a slight panic mode too.

    Basically (if I am correct) his issue is that the 16GB of space we have built into the Note 2 is partitioned off so that some of it is for app storage and the rest is for faking an SD Card. Well he has a real SD Card and he wants all apps that save to and access the SD Card to default to the REAL SD Card and not the fake one. I want to know this as well.

    My other mini panic that I just had over this realization is that well initially 16GB internal storage never even bothered me, knowing I could stick a 64GB SD Card into the phone made me feel better but now knowing that some of that space is setup as an "sd card" meaning LESS than 16GB available for apps/system, my God how much space do we actually have available for app installs? No wonder people were getting edgy about not having access to the 32/64GB Note 2 models here in America This sucks.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Kale Blossom's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Youre fairly close.

    Im talking about where apps save to and read from. Like when I tried to restore mypod it couldn't find my restore file until I moved everything to my phone. But I listen to a lot of podcasts so I don't want to hog up precious phone data with MP3s from podcasts. Plus if this phone broke, how could I just restore to an old devoce if all the critical backup files backed up to the fake sd card called the device's memory? I work in a machine shop and the possibility of my device breaking is a possibility as much as I hate to admit it.

    Also I'm a she not a he.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    do u know anything about sd cards losing memory for no reason??? i could really use some help. pm me if u do plz.
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    do u know anything about sd cards losing memory for no reason??? i could really use some help. pm me if u do plz.
    Please describe what you are experiencing in more detail

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Please describe what you are experiencing in more detail

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    like one minute my SD memory will be at 3.84 MBs then all of a sudden for no reason it goes WAY DOWN to 476 kb just being idle!!! where did my memory go?!?!? i did nothing but leave my phone untouched.
    Last edited by demonvamp666; 12-22-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling error.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    moparman2010 likes this.
  9. #9  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    like one minute my SD memory will be at 3.84 MBs then all of a sudden for no reason it goes WAY DOWN to 476 kb just being idle!!! where did my memory go?!?!? i did nothing but leave my phone untouched.
    And all the data is gone permanently?

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    what am i black?!?!?! i need help too pool_shark. ive had this problem happen too many times and im losing memory i could be using for pics and music instead.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    i dont lose no data, just whats left of the unused memory. this is the 4th time this has happened to me with this sd card. i dont really have the money to get another one. and i dont think i can get another one with more memory, the phone i have is an LG P-500h ( optimus one ) and it came with a 2GB Micro SD card.
  12. #12  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    i dont lose no data, just whats left of the unused memory. this is the 4th time this has happened to me with this sd card. i dont really have the money to get another one. and i dont think i can get another one with more memory, the phone i have is an LG P-500h ( optimus one ) and it came with a 2GB Micro SD card.
    Oh this section of the forums is for the samsung galaxy note 2. But have you tried moving the files you have on the SD card to your computer, then formatting your SD card , then transfer the data back on to the SD card and see if it holds up, it sounds like the SD card may be going bad so you may not have a choice in the matter.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  13. #13  
    cj100570's Avatar
    Spoken Word

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    like one minute my SD memory will be at 3.84 MBs then all of a sudden for no reason it goes WAY DOWN to 476 kb just being idle!!! where did my memory go?!?!? i did nothing but leave my phone untouched.
    You're describing 2 separate things; memory and storage are 2 different beasts. Your phone has 2GB of memory and 16GB of storage. If your memory has ever been listed as 3.84 you have a very serious problem going on. As for the storage issue....under Settings>Storage your phone should show Device Memory and SD card if you have 1 installed. Applications can only be stored on Device Memory. That number should not fluctuate at all unless you are installing and uninstalling apps. The same goes for your SD card. Again, if those #'s are fluctuating, you've got a serious issue going on.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Oh this section of the forums is for the samsung galaxy note 2. But have you tried moving the files you have on the SD card to your computer, then formatting your SD card , then transfer the data back on to the SD card and see if it holds up, it sounds like the SD card may be going bad so you may not have a choice in the matter.
    yes i have. and it does the same thing. ive only had this phn a year and the sd card was the one that came with the phn. there is no section for my cell phone and when i saw the help forum for sd cards i took the chance, and posted as when i start a thread NO ONE EVER READS OR EVEN COMMENTS ON IT. i live in canada so how much do u think the CHEAPEST 2GB micro sd card would go for?
  15. #15  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    yes i have. and it does the same thing. ive only had this phn a year and the sd card was the one that came with the phn. there is no section for my cell phone and when i saw the help forum for sd cards i took the chance, and posted as when i start a thread NO ONE EVER READS OR EVEN COMMENTS ON IT. i live in canada so how much do u think the CHEAPEST 2GB micro sd card would go for?
    a 2gig sd card here in the US is $5.50 a 16gig is around $15
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by cj100570 View Post
    You're describing 2 separate things; memory and storage are 2 different beasts. Your phone has 2GB of memory and 16GB of storage. If your memory has ever been listed as 3.84 you have a very serious problem going on. As for the storage issue....under Settings>Storage your phone should show Device Memory and SD card if you have 1 installed. Applications can only be stored on Device Memory. That number should not fluctuate at all unless you are installing and uninstalling apps. The same goes for your SD card. Again, if those #'s are fluctuating, you've got a serious issue going on.
    im talking about my SD CARD MEMORY being that low on a 2GB card. i use my SD card for mostly my music and my pics/vids nothing else. b4 i hooked up my phone to my computer to download a song to it it was at 3.84 MBs, after a few failed attempts of showing up in my computer as a removable disk i unplugged my phone and noticed the memory was down to 428KB!!!! like where did all that unused memory go???
  17. #17  
    cj100570's Avatar
    Spoken Word

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    im talking about my SD CARD MEMORY being that low on a 2GB card. i use my SD card for mostly my music and my pics/vids nothing else. b4 i hooked up my phone to my computer to download a song to it it was at 3.84 MBs, after a few failed attempts of showing up in my computer as a removable disk i unplugged my phone and noticed the memory was down to 428KB!!!! like where did all that unused memory go???
    oh ok. it sounds like the data is probably transferring but may be corrupt. that would show the SD card as full but you wouldn't be able to access the data. you may need to reformat the SD card.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
  18. #18  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    im talking about my SD CARD MEMORY being that low on a 2GB card. i use my SD card for mostly my music and my pics/vids nothing else. b4 i hooked up my phone to my computer to download a song to it it was at 3.84 MBs, after a few failed attempts of showing up in my computer as a removable disk i unplugged my phone and noticed the memory was down to 428KB!!!! like where did all that unused memory go???
    Where are you viewing the memory from on your phone? I dont have your phone but sometimes the phone shows you internal memory card instead of external memory card. My wife had a similar problem with her phone, She told me she had no memory left but when i looked all her pictures were saving to an internal sdcard but there was not a way to tell the difference from her phone.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by demonvamp666 View Post
    what am i black?!?!?! i need help too pool_shark. ive had this problem happen too many times and im losing memory i could be using for pics and music instead.
    What is that supposed to mean?
    300SS likes this.
  20. #20  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    What is that supposed to mean?
    I was wondering the same thing but i let that alone lol
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I was wondering the same thing but i let that alone lol
    No way I was leaving it alone.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    a 2gig sd card here in the US is $5.50 a 16gig is around $15
    just checking now for canadian prices. so far walmart, future shop and the source dont have any, the lowest they got is a 4GB, and im not even sure how much SD card memory my phone can take.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    No way I was leaving it alone.
    i needed help as well as u can clearly see but u chose not to even though this was a reoccurring thing with my sd card. everytime i create my own thread it gets deleted within days as no one reads, acknowledges, helps or even comments on it. leaving me with a big question mark over my head. this isnt the only forum im on with the same problem either. ive had to make copies of the same thread and kept on rethreading cuz no one helped or commented on my thread.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by cj100570 View Post
    oh ok. it sounds like the data is probably transferring but may be corrupt. that would show the SD card as full but you wouldn't be able to access the data. you may need to reformat the SD card.
    how would i go about doing that without losing everything?!?!?! i have pics on there that cant get lost.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Note 2 micro sd card problems

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Where are you viewing the memory from on your phone? I dont have your phone but sometimes the phone shows you internal memory card instead of external memory card. My wife had a similar problem with her phone, She told me she had no memory left but when i looked all her pictures were saving to an internal sdcard but there was not a way to tell the difference from her phone.
    in my settings on my android i tap on SD and Phone Storage and there it shows me the memory ive used and the memory i have free in my SD card and internal memory to the phone storage itself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Micro SD Card Problems
    By jensonco in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus V
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 02:13 PM
  2. Problems using micro SD card
    By raindear82 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 05:24 PM
  3. Micro SD Card Problem
    By Juank39 in forum Acer Iconia A500
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 04:42 PM
  4. Micro sd card problem
    By steveandtracy7#AC in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 06:22 PM
  5. Micro sd card problem nothing comes up when i put it in my laptop?
    By jounchip in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions