Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andrewiskang
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flip Covers and Home Button Stickers Compatible?

I'm hoping to get the Note 2 in white sometime soon, and was planning on getting one of the aluminum home covers from Spigen:
    (SPIGEN SGP | Aluminum Home Button for Galaxy Note 2 - GALAXY NOTE 2 - Samsung - Cell Phones)

Would this raise the thickness of the button enough that the OEM flip covers have a weird fit? Or would they work together just fine?

Also, I'm getting these covers not only because I want to hide the Verizon logo but also because I think the contrasting color look would be pretty awesome (black home button on a white phone!). Any opinions on this?

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Re: Flip Covers and Home Button Stickers Compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewiskang View Post
    I'm hoping to get the Note 2 in white sometime soon, and was planning on getting one of the aluminum home covers from Spigen:
    (SPIGEN SGP | Aluminum Home Button for Galaxy Note 2 - GALAXY NOTE 2 - Samsung - Cell Phones)

Would this raise the thickness of the button enough that the OEM flip covers have a weird fit? Or would they work together just fine?

Also, I'm getting these covers not only because I want to hide the Verizon logo but also because I think the contrasting color look would be pretty awesome (black home button on a white phone!). Any opinions on this?
    I'm not sure on the fit,but why for the life of me are you so concerned about hiding the Verizon button. I have need seen so many post on this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's the thing. I'm not worried about hiding the home button logo, I'm more interested in having a nice black button cover on my phone!
    Jocelyn84 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I can't imagine it would cause an issue, the aluminum ones Spigen is offering seem pretty darn thin, and any other ones are just stickers so most likely is my guess.
    Thanked by:

The OEM flip covers have a space that looks like it's made to fit a raised home button. IE a cut out where the home button is on the flip part.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    The OEM flip covers have a space that looks like it's made to fit a raised home button. IE a cut out where the home button is on the flip part.
    This is correct, there is a cut out to accomodate the home button in the inside of the cover portion of the flip cover. Can't imagine why there would be any fit issues nor do I get either why anyone would focus on the verizon logo on the button.

I am actually proud to be a VZW customer and be aligned with the best wireless network and customer service in the business.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Awesome, I didn't know there was a cutout for the home button. Thanks!

Global Posts
    5,141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

If you are interested in a leather flip cover case, I found another thread announcing the elago G6 leather flip cover case, so it incorporates a full protective case and leather flip cover and looks to have a raised lip on the case. Seriously looking at this one, and that would be case #4 with a cheap TPU in use and two going back via RMA if I get this one

elago G6 Leather Flip Case for Galaxy Note 2+ HD Professional Extreme Clear film included - Full Retail Packaging - Black | elago