Bluetooth issues

mebobio

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having a problem with bluetooth earpieces on the Verizon note 2. I had the Motorola elite silver, ,when used with the note 2, there was a lot of noise and echoed really bad. Went back to the Verizon store and they tried 3 other Motorola headsets, all having the same issue. Tried the Blueant Q2, ,andthe noise was not there any longer. But found out that when the bluetooth earpiece is turned on, cannot use the voice to text on the phone . The second that I shut off the earpiece, the voice to text starts working again. I don't know if this is a phone issue, ,or jellybean, samsung, ,but it is getting really annoying. Any suggestions? ??
Thanks

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having a problem with bluetooth earpieces on the Verizon note 2. I had the Motorola elite silver, ,when used with the note 2, there was a lot of noise and echoed really bad. Went back to the Verizon store and they tried 3 other Motorola headsets, all having the same issue. Tried the Blueant Q2, ,andthe noise was not there any longer. But found out that when the bluetooth earpiece is turned on, cannot use the voice to text on the phone . The second that I shut off the earpiece, the voice to text starts working again. I don't know if this is a phone issue, ,or jellybean, samsung, ,but it is getting really annoying. Any suggestions? ??
Thanks

I use the LG around the neck bluetooth headphones and they work great. sound quality great and the pairing was smooth as silk....try connecting a different bluetooth headset and see if same issue to narrow down if its the phone or if its the headset.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Plantronics 903+ with no issues so I would say it's the bluetooth devices.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

mebobio

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input, ,when I went back to Verizon, they tried 2 different Motorola elite silver earpieces , and 2 other Motorola brand earpieces, and I had 2 jawbone icon earpieces, and all of these was really noisy and echoed bad. However, I did not have the chance to test the voice to text issue with these. (Didn't know of the issue at the time. ) I will try others, but just not sure if it is a bluetooth issue with the phone, ,other. .......thanks again

mebobio

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I just tried the jawbone icon earpiece, and it does the same thing. With the earpiece turned on, and I go to text message, and bring up the microphone, it just stays blacked out and will not work. Turn off bluetooth earpiece, works fine. Could there be some sort of setting somewhere that could cause this?

mebobio

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
To update, I went into the bluetooth settings, ,there are 2 settings, CALL AUDIO, AND MEDIA AUDIO. When I shut off the media audio, the mic will work with the bluetooth earpiece still on. Is this normal, or should we be able to do both. Any ideas? ?

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Should be able to do both. Media is like streaming music. If that device doesn't do music (a2dp) turn it off.

mebobio

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Both are A2DP and I can hear thru them, music, incoming caller id, maps navigation and so on. But with the media audio checked, the mic doesn't work. And ideas as to what to do to get it to work?

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. I just double checked mine while listening to music and it transcribed my voice just fine.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been thru the settings and don't see anything that could be blocking this. Maybe someone else knows a fix, I'm at a loss.

mebobio

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I just figured out that issue with the speak to text part of it. Funny, the default app had a language update (US English). I did the update and now it's working. [Weird] Now to figure out the noise and echo issue, and I'll be all set......lol...

mebobio

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so after over night, the problem returned. Called Verizon and they replaced the phone. I didn't think that that would fix the problem. On startup it worked fine. So I loaded up my apps, ,updates from the play market, and found that when I updated google search to the latest update, (2.2.9.542574) the problem would return. Went to manage apps, deleted update back to working fine.

What do you think?

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have (2) Jawbone Icons, both paired with the Note2 initially and are listed in the paired devices. Neither will re-connect, even manually tapping the device does not re-connect. I noticed that unparing them then manually selecting it to pair does reconnect. What a pain!

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. When my bluetooth headset is on, the voice to text on my keyboard doesn't work. I turned off media in the bluetooth setting and it works. So I don't think it's your device. Seems to be a glitch with the OS. I don't listen to music through my bluetooth anyway, so it's not a problem for me, but they need to fix it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well it works fine for me so I think the bluetooth devices don't have something the phone needs from it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I just tested my Command one, Blue Parrot B250-Xt+ and my Plantronics. M155 all with the same results. They all have to have media unchecked in order to use the voice reply on SwiftKey Flow Beta and the stock keyboard. I wonder if there is another setting somewhere. What model bluetooth is this working with?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781