Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree59Likes
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: Just venting...

Quote Originally Posted by typinghairyape View Post
    I have a few scratches on mine already, wasn't careful enough because I could fire my SGS 1 out of an air cannon and it would still be fine.... I heard rumors that this phone doesn't have gorilla glass. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Uhhhhhhhhhh, you're never coming within the same zip code as my phone lol
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

I love showing off the size of the Note 2
    It's like walking around with a huge package at a nude beach. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by FormerIphoney View Post
    I love showing off the size of the Note 2
    It's like walking around with a huge package at a nude beach. :thumbup:
    I'm 6'4" so it might look a little less shocking, sort of akin to the Labron James commercials. Now after using it for a few weeks my SGS 1 seems horribly tiny and this phone just seems like a natural size.. I will probably buy a Note 3 or 4, wouldn't want anything smaller..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    JB

Was at cvs pharmacy just now and went to use my key ring app for my cvs card and thr young girl behind the counter says...wow, is that the note 2?

I say, it sure is just got it yesterday.

She then asks Oh can I hold it?

I instantly started laughing out loud because of this thread and what happened this morning.

I told her i rather not b.c I am sick snd dont want to spread germs...phew...that worked and I escaped without any issues haha

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:

Great thread. I don't know that I've had a phone attract this much attention since my Treo 600 back in the day. Everyone loves it but all I've heard is "Damn it's so big“. I try not to laugh but did.point out to a S3 owner that yes, mine is bigger than yours

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    dedduck0121 and MERCDROID like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post
    Was at cvs pharmacy just now and went to use my key ring app for my cvs card and thr young girl behind the counter says...wow, is that the note 2?

I instantly started laughing out loud because of this thread and what happened this morning.

I told her i rather not b.c I am sick snd dont want to spread germs...phew...that worked and I escaped without any issues haha

Hahahahahahaha nice dodge, omg man can't even go out in public with this thing without getting requests! Jeez!
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
    Great thread. I don't know that I've had a phone attract this much attention since my Treo 600 back in the day. Everyone loves it but all I've heard is "Damn it's so big“. I try not to laugh but did.point out to a S3 owner that yes, mine is bigger than yours

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    I also had 3 generations of the Palm Treo smartphone: Treo 650, 700, 750. Actually my memory serves, the Palm Pre when it first came out made quite a splash. I remember waiting in line at the Sprint store, and was among the first to get one. Even press coverage from other countries were in town to cover the debut of the Palm Pre. Those were the days. The Palm Pre screen at less than 3 inches is freakin tiny compared to my Note 2 screen! I think my vision must have been better in those days, haha!
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post

I like that! I will have to borrow your line of not wanting to spread my cold germs, haha!
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
    dedduck0121 likes this.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lol The day I bought my S3, I was sitting on my porch and a bird decided to drop a deuce on it. I could do nothing but laugh even though I was pissed lol. You would think the bird would know not to take a dump on a brand new phone
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

ROM
    JB

Well it happened again. Went into the dry cleaners the other day and the young girl behind the counter asked for my ticket number to retrieve my clothes. I pull out my Note II and the receipt from my left pocket and she was instantly fixated on the phone. She said, "wow, that thing is huge how does that fit in your pants?" I stood there and looked at here for about 2 seconds before answering. She then giggled realizing what she just said. Then she finally said, "the phone." Both of us laughed pretty good. I showered her the phone and a bit and she was impressed to say the least.

I wish I could make this stuff up!
    Johnly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You sure that was chocolate?
    I was going to reply the same thing. LOL

Every time I use my Note 2 at the Starbucks' drive thru to pay for my coffee (using their app), I get a positive reaction about how big and easy it is to read and see the bar code!
    Cory

I'm glad no one has had any bad experiences! Unfortunately, I have!

I was at a clients home after dark trying to setup a Verizon cellphone extender, and I was outside using my Note 2 and running the cell tower locator app to see which side of the house had the closest cell tower, and as I was wandering around on their back sidewalks, I stepped off a step I didn't see and I went one way and my 2 day old Note went flying the other way. I picked myself up off the grass and of course my Note just had to hit the slate step and cracked the screen. It appeared to be working, just no display! Boy was I pissed! I don't understand why they have stopped adding a way to attach a lanyard to this behemoth? I did it anyway, as I opened it up and ran a lanyard thru the speaker hole in the back cover and a drop of cyanoacrylic acid holds it in place. I can't put a cover on it as I have a Proclip vehicle mount for it and I haven't found a cover that works with it? By the way, it DOES have gorilla glass, just not slate proof glass!

Thank goodness for that $5.99 a month insurance plan the Verizon guy suggested I add to it! Even then, it cost me another $100 for the deductable!

Has anyone besides me noticed that the engineers of this unit screwed up the placement of the power and volume controls? It's extremely difficult to try and work the volume controls without hitting the power button! How do these people get engineering degrees?

Anyway, I LOVE the big screen since my 57 year old eyes need a bigger view and it's especially great for sitting in traffic jams and watch TV! Where I live, they are an everyday occurance!

Enjoy your Note 2 all and best regards to everyone!

IFIXPCS

I don't care for the button placement, as well. I carry my Note 2 in my front shirt pocket and everytime I natually grab the phone to place it there, I end up pressing the volume button and changing it, generally lowing it. NO phone is perfect, but the Note 2 comes pretty close!
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by the devastator View Post
    One of my co workers asked to hold mine the first day I bought it and it ALMOST slipped out of her hands, I was like " DAMN YOUR SMALL ASIAN HANDS"
    What did being Asian have to do with it?
    Last edited by universeand; 01-21-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    With that kind of racist attitude, been nice if she had dropped it.
    I hope you meant that as a joke because the original post was clearly joking. People taken things far to seriously now a days and need to lighten up. Words can't hurt you physically and you need to be mentally strong enough to ignore it. Sorry for the rant but I've seen far too many overly sensitive people lately.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    Synycalwon likes this.

I don't mind the button placement. Also turns on easier.

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    Eclipse2K likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    With that kind of racist attitude, been nice if she had dropped it.
    Yea, i was joking, she's a friend of mine and we joke around some times
    Phone: Sprint EVO => Sprint EVO 3D => Verizon Galaxy Nexus => Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: Acer Iconia a500, Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by the devastator View Post
    Yea, i was joking, she's a friend of mine and we joke around some times
    Oh, I see. Enjoy your phone!

Global Posts
    5,739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

People should treat other people's tech the same way you would hold a baby. No dropping, no scratching, etc.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12