Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    JB

Default Just venting...

Went out last night and bought a new GN2 out of contract. Got to work this morning and was obviously proud of my new GN2. I wanted to show a co-worker(in our IT department no less) my new device since we talked about it yesterday. So I go to her office and show her the Note 2. She asked some questions about it and then asked to hold my brandy new, extra clean, shiny, crystal clear phone. Welp, she didnt drop it but when I got it back and took two steps down the hall i noticed there was CHOCOLATE finger prints on the back and sides of my WHITE GN2!

Was easy enough to wipe off with a damp rag but damn...at least let me have it for a full day before crap gets all over it! lol

Just had to vent. That is all.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Just venting...

Quote Originally Posted by dedduck0121 View Post
    Went out last night and bought a new GN2 out of contract. Got to work this morning and was obviously proud of my new GN2. I wanted to show a co-worker(in our IT department no less) my new device since we talked about it yesterday. So I go to her office and show her the Note 2. She asked some questions about it and then asked to hold my brandy new, extra clean, shiny, crystal clear phone. Welp, she didnt drop it but when I got it back and took two steps down the hall i noticed there was CHOCOLATE finger prints on the back and sides of my WHITE GN2!

Was easy enough to wipe off with a damp rag but damn...at least let me have it for a full day before crap gets all over it! lol

The first day that I got mine I had like three people in my office come over and were like oh hey nice phone can we check it out. It was like my someone wanted my ice cream and I didn't want to give it out. At least give me a day with it!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

you should leave choclate finger prints on her car lol
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

My coworker wanted to hold it and I am like you can but if you drop it I will kill you lol. Everything went well but then later on that day I had my phone in my hand and he had his in his and he is like dang look at that screen size compared to mine and he wants to put his phone near mine and slams his case against my screen. I am like damn whatta hell. it was a plastic case too but luckily nothing happened, thank god.
    dedduck0121 and collett like this.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JellyBean

I feel so special with this phone. In class a ton of people ask to hold it and are embarrassed when they compare it to their iPhones. I don't think their has been this much interest in a phone since iPhone 4.... Anyway at least that fool didn't break yo phone!!

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
    dedduck0121 and collett like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    you should leave choclate finger prints on her car lol

As soon as she gets a new car I will ask to sit in the drivers seat. Ill leave chocolate prints on the steering wheel

Yuck, that's just wrong....i don't share my toys willingly....haha
    collett likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    Yuck, that's just wrong....i don't share my toys willingly....haha
    they can see with their eyes not with their hands right lol
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Same thing happened to me - got mine yesterday, co workers came out of the woodwork like cockroaches.....everyone wanting to hold it. I told them to back off and get their own. Lots of iPhone peeps here so I don't blame them
    DroidXcon and collett like this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

As soon as she gets a new car I will ask to sit in the drivers seat. Ill leave chocolate prints on the steering wheel
    You sure that was chocolate?
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
    albokay and JoJoCal19 like this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You sure that was chocolate?
    God, I hope so!
    crl95 likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

That's what you get for being a show-off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    MERCDROID likes this.

ROM
    Stock

One of my co workers asked to hold mine the first day I bought it and it ALMOST slipped out of her hands, I was like " DAMN YOUR SMALL ASIAN HANDS"

It's almost slipped out of my hands a couple of times too, i'm going to get some invisishield to increase the grip a little more
    Phone: Sprint EVO => Sprint EVO 3D => Verizon Galaxy Nexus => Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: Acer Iconia a500, Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by the devastator View Post
    One of my co workers asked to hold mine the first day I bought it and it ALMOST slipped out of her hands, I was like " DAMN YOUR SMALL ASIAN HANDS"

It's almost slipped out of my hands a couple of times too, i'm going to get some invisishield to increase the grip a little more
    Just get a Seidio ACTIVE case. It has nice rubber grips along with a hard plastic backing so you'll never drop it again. And this way you'll have proper protection!
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Just get a Seidio ACTIVE case. It has nice rubber grips along with a hard plastic backing so you'll never drop it again. And this way you'll have proper protection!
    I ordered that case this morning

Nice duck! Unfortunately they use USPS which means shipping is tanking hard -_- it's gonna be awhile before I get mine.

I'm very OCD about my "My Precious"! Even my girl is not allowed. Besides the risk of a drop, I don't want anyone's greasy finger prints on it! I even make sure my own hands are clean to prevent finger prints! So needless to say I was highly annoyed last week when a co-worker put his fingers on the top of my phone (without asking) while I was holding it because he wanted to compare how thin it was compared to his iPhone. Left some nasty grease on both the top and back edge of the phone. Gross! Dude, what are you sucking on those puppies over there? Geez

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I'm very OCD about my "My Precious"! Even my girl is not allowed. Besides the risk of a drop, I don't want anyone's greasy finger prints on it! I even make sure my own hands are clean to prevent finger prints! So needless to say I was highly annoyed last week when a co-worker put his fingers on the top of my phone (without asking) while I was holding it because he wanted to compare how thin it was compared to his iPhone. Left some nasty grease on both the top and back edge of the phone. Gross! Dude, what are you sucking on those puppies over there? Geez
    I feel ya man, and internally act the same way lol I just don't quite reveal how anal I am about my device openly because I don't want to come off as some kind of OCD freak hahaha but inside I'm like dying :P

Anyway my best tip for you, get a microfiber cloth. The best one I've found yet I got in a cleaning kit from Best Buy, it had the can of compressed air and some LCD screen cleaner. I never used the screen cleaner, but man that microfiber cloth is amazing. It's a grey one with red trim. Best cloth for cleaning devices hands down. I took my brother's Note 2 which is currently naked with no screen protector, showed him in the reflection of the light how smudged his screen was, and gave 1/2 the screen a good wipe down using the cloth to show him the difference. Huge. Get one, get one now !
    Synycalwon likes this.

I can always count on you guys for a couple good laughs! I'd be pissed too!!!!!! So far I've managed to keep My Precious near to me, although it's been tempting to show it off! I do have a screen protector and hard shell case on just in case though! I only showed one person at work my Note 2, which is my IT guy. Fortunately, being a guy, he had a better grip! :-) Now the IT guy is considering getting one!
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

So to all of you that are overly cautious about dropping hazards.. You all carry insurance right? I know it would suck to drop your phone(or to have someone else do it) but to not plan against it seems a bit foolish.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Sound like my worst nightmare! I cant stand prints and cant stand people that have fingers that seem like they just dipped them in a deep fryer!

Cant wait to get my screen protector and case! lol
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    So to all of you that are overly cautious about dropping hazards.. You all carry insurance right? I know it would suck to drop your phone(or to have someone else do it) but to not plan against it seems a bit foolish.
    Bought my phone at Best Buy last night and bought their coverage while i was there so Im covered at least

Some ppl have no class. She could had cleaned her hands off. I am respectful of another person and their property. That's just rude. Shows how she treats her own things as well!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    corymcnutt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Some ppl have no class. She could had cleaned her hands off. I am respectful of another person and their property. That's just rude. Shows how she treats her own things as well!
    Indeed very true. Says a lot about the person.
    MERCDROID likes this.

I have a few scratches on mine already, wasn't careful enough because I could fire my SGS 1 out of an air cannon and it would still be fine.... I heard rumors that this phone doesn't have gorilla glass. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast