Wifi Tethering / hot spot ?

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I used to use foxfi to wifi tether but now I need to pay for it. I have no problem paying for it but before I did I wanted to know what everyone else was using. Thanks for the input.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I used to use foxfi to wifi tether but now I need to pay for it. I have no problem paying for it but before I did I wanted to know what everyone else was using. Thanks for the input.

try this [App-Mod/Source] WifiTether for JB TouchWiz Roms - xda-developers
with these settings
I used the WifiTether-TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012_driverReload2
My settings:
Device Profile: Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
Setup Method: Netd-NDC (master)
Send Netd Max Client Cmd - Checked
Wifi-driver reload 2 - Checked
Routing fix - Checked"

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

i love foxfi.....i also believe in supporting developers when they come up with something i use all of the time, so i think the small fee was super reasonable and worth every penny!!

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's for rooted devices, unfortunately. For non-root, I think Foxfi is typically the solution. You can try doing the hotspot/wifi toggle widget trick, as well. I'm not too familiar with how it works, but some people have claimed success with it, so you might want to search around for information on it.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I think he was operating under the assumption that people knew the phone had to be rooted. This is for rooted phones only. As mentioned above FoxFi is typically the non-rooted option.
Ya, just tried it earlier to see if it works without getting rooted first. And it didn't. Sadly. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000