Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Dead spots on screen

Sometimes when I text the " m " are of the screen doesnt work well. I will hold down on the letter M and nothing. Then I click it a few times then it works. Did it on stock keyboard and 3rd party. Anyone else have this?

Default Re: Dead spots on screen

Oh God... not again.... I am having these problems on certain ROMs with my Thunderbolt. Some dead spots on the keyboard.

Well I did further investigation and downloaded an app called "Multitouch Vis Test" and I strongly suggest you and anyone else having touch screen problems check it out. When I start to experience the dead zone parts on my keyboard, I loaded up the touch test app and sure enough when trying to touch in those areas, my screen was bugging out. Like any time I used 2 fingers to tap, it started having some CRAZY sporadic behavior. It made it very clear why I felt I had dead zones.

Granted this doesn't actually solve the dead zone problem, it just makes it clearer to understand and confirm that you have it. Sadly I haven't found a fix for this except loading certain ROMs. Since you seem to be having this problem on a stock ROM, that does not bode well :X I was GREATLY looking forward to getting my Note 2 so I could leave these multi-touch issues behind me, but ugh this post... this post right here just made me feel kinda ill...
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Oh God... not again.... I am having these problems on certain ROMs with my Thunderbolt. Some dead spots on the keyboard.

Well I did further investigation and downloaded an app called "Multitouch Vis Test" and I strongly suggest you and anyone else having touch screen problems check it out. When I start to experience the dead zone parts on my keyboard, I loaded up the touch test app and sure enough when trying to touch in those areas, my screen was bugging out. Like any time I used 2 fingers to tap, it started having some CRAZY sporadic behavior. It made it very clear why I felt I had dead zones.

Granted this doesn't actually solve the dead zone problem, it just makes it clearer to understand and confirm that you have it. Sadly I haven't found a fix for this except loading certain ROMs. Since you seem to be having this problem on a stock ROM, that does not bode well :X I was GREATLY looking forward to getting my Note 2 so I could leave these multi-touch issues behind me, but ugh this post... this post right here just made me feel kinda ill...
    I was planning on purchasing a note 2 as well, will you please post your findings if you do end up getting one.

Yeah mine comes in tomorrow hopefully around morning-midday so I'll do this test as soon as I set it up. I'm also crossing my fingers I get no dead pixels, and if the stars align, that I be blessed with a blotchless screen as well. Ya know, the AMOLED black blotches and lines that you can see in the dark on a black screen. Oh please mighty AMOLED God's grace me with some perfect screens! lol
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Yeah mine comes in tomorrow hopefully around morning-midday so I'll do this test as soon as I set it up. I'm also crossing my fingers I get no dead pixels, and if the stars align, that I be blessed with a blotchless screen as well. Ya know, the AMOLED black blotches and lines that you can see in the dark on a black screen. Oh please mighty AMOLED God's grace me with some perfect screens! lol
    I'm trying really hard to get rid of this iphone 4 stuff like this makes me scared to make a move at this point.
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,261 Global Posts

Had to chime in, had my earpiece die on me, so I got it exchanged. My new Note 2 had a dead spot in the bottom right of the screen. The backspace would function every 5th tap, and opening the app menu worked every other tap. I'm waiting for #3 as we speak. Still a god like phone, I love it