disable apps?

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering if you disable apps does it's have any benefit and also do you guys suggest the app called tapa talk thanks for your help.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The benefit is not having any of the apps you disable ever run again until you enable them or do a factory reset.

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
So technically if I disable them would I gain memory and speed because there is alot on here I wont use?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
So technically if I disable them would I gain memory and speed because there is alot on here I wont use?
No.
Disabling them does not delete them. I don't believe there is a performance increase from deleting crap ware anyway, unless it's crapware that's always running.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So is there any real benefit to disabling apps? If so, which ones are safe to disable?

I think the biggest benefit is that it cleans up your app and widget drawer as the disabled apps are no longer listed there (I like it because it keeps things less cluttered). It does save a little on system resources, in particular available memory which I've seen go up on my Nexus 7 and Note 2 after disabling a bunch of apps (a reboot afterward helps ensure all disabled apps are stopped). That alone hasn't increased performance on either device that I can tell, but it keeps more available memory for other processes if needed.

As to a list, I've disabled the following without any negative effects so far:

AllShare Play
Amazon (two of them, 2.0.11 and 2.0.5)
Amazon Kindle
Amazon MP3
Audible
Google Play Books
Google Play Magazines
Google Play Movies & TV
Google+
Group Cast
IMDb
Kies air
Media Hub
Music Hub
News Daemon(EUR)
NFL Mobile
S Voice
SNS
Talk
Talkback
Viewdini
VZ Navigator
Yahoo Finance
Yahoo News
Zappos

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would say cut/paste them to the Ext SD Card and back them up. This way you gain an extra 500+MB of storage and you don't have them cluttering the space up. Now as for S-Voice, I'm not sure yet if I will remove it as I haven't played with it yet. Is it any good, I know SIRI sucked and worked like 20% of the time based on my real world experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey