24hours later the screen is shattered

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh! I see you have a phone on VERIZON. I have not heard of this carrier VERIZON before? Can you tell me about their high-speed VERIZON 4G LTE network and next-generation smartphones?

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I just called Verizon and Best Buy here in Hickory, NC and asked about their warranty.

Best Buy- $10/month or $159.98 for two years. If you lose it, bash it or smash it, you're not covered. Nada, zip, zilch and SOL. If it quits working and it's an in store repair and it takes longer than five days to repair it, you get a brand new in the box phone. If they have to send it off for repair and it takes more than two weeks to get it back, you get a brand new in the box phone. You'll get a loaner phone while you wait.

Verizon- $7/month. If you lose it, bash it, smash it, run over it with a tank or your ex-girlfriend steals it you can file a claim online or on the phone, pay a $100 deductible and have a replacement phone shipped to you overnight (on a weekday). You don't need to return it or go to a Verizon store. Over a two year period with the deductible that comes to $268. For $10/month you get the same plan plus antivirus and some kind of technical support. Don't need that with Android Central online.

I'll buy at Verizon. Oh, and she said I could buy the N2 full price and not have to lose my unlimited data or wait for my upgrade period to come around.

HTH
Rob

I carry a Walther PPKS .380. I'm a civilian and my combat scenario would probably with one guy within six feet. This pistol is easy to carry and would make the attacker stop what he was doing quickly. If I missed an attacker in my house it would probably not go through two layers of drywall and hit my kids in the next room. I thought it was the best weapon for me. Double action too.

Last edited:

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow I just got mine last night and I passed on the best buy insurance now I need to go back and put it on after seeing those pics

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I forgot to mention... with the Verizon insurance, if the phone quits working (not busted, lost or stolen) there is no $100 deductible. You're covered just like the factory warranty.
And you can keep the insurance for as long as you own your phone and keep it activated.
Rob

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Best buy had two plans one is more of an extended warranty and covers a bad battery and the second adds accidental damage.

Also, a. 380 will definitely go through 2 layers of drywall (unless it hits a stud) and depending on what it hits on the other side, probably the next next two layers of drywall. If you're worried about wall penetration but still want stopping power get shotgun and bird shot.

And since everyone else is telling, I carry a Glock model 23, my wife carries a Glock model 27 and I have a model 22 in the night stand. Love my .40 S&W rounds.

kslghost

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're prone to accidents and dropping your phone, maybe insurance is worth it. But there is no doubt that they make money off the general user buying insurance. Generally, the insurance providers aren't even part of the company offering it (this was mentioned to me by the VZW guys). I've never used a case and am yet to break a phone, other than the time my jeans got wet and killed my ... Motorola KRZR :p Ahhh... those days.

RussBad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Best buy had two plans one is more of an extended warranty and covers a bad battery and the second adds accidental damage.

Also, a. 380 will definitely go through 2 layers of drywall (unless it hits a stud) and depending on what it hits on the other side, probably the next next two layers of drywall. If you're worried about wall penetration but still want stopping power get shotgun and bird shot.

And since everyone else is telling, I carry a Glock model 23, my wife carries a Glock model 27 and I have a model 22 in the night stand. Love my .40 S&W rounds.

Great advice about the shotgun, I was about to suggest that for home defense! I carry a Glock 30 .45 cal., 18 Inch barrel 12G Winchester shotgun for home.
Back to topic, I saw a cool Belkin folio case in Verizon accessories for Note 2 that looks like a nice stand too. Looks like it offers pretty good protection.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I saw a cool Belkin folio case in Verizon accessories for Note 2 that looks like a nice stand too. Looks like it offers pretty good protection.

I haven't seen a Note 2 in person, though I lust after the screen size mightily... but a folio case? Isn't that basically admitting you've just bought a tablet? ;)

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Do you know the price of the other plan?

The .380 does give up more energy than a .38 Special, 9mm or .357 though. Lots more if shot at an angle through the drywall. I bought my first wife a S&W .38 Special hammerless stainless steel revolver and loaded it with rat shot. That would also make the attacker stop what he was doing and the revolver would not snag if being pulled out of her purse. It had rosewood grips but they don't make it any more. Very nice revolver.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention massive chipping away at all the edged areas. By the way you are the first person I've seen in a long time who I quoted that didn't have that stupid "sent from my blahhh blah blah" line lol I hate that crap. I always erase it from my quotes.

he is using telepathy that is why. No tapatalk required