Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Default 24hours later the screen is shattered

Yes it is true I bought the Note II from Best Buy yesterday for my wife's birthday present.
    She calls me this afternoon and tells me that she dropped it from waist height on to the tile
    floor and the screen shattered. I did opt for the Best Buy replacement plan but reading some
    of the reviews about the plan is starting to worry me a bit. We are taking it in tomorrow to
    see if they hold true on their promise to replace the phone on the spot with a new Note II.

I will post pictures of the damage for everyone to cringe tomorrow and report back on the
    Best Buy warranty experience.
    Motorola Q > Blackberry Pearl > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm 2 > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Note 2
    Thanked by 2:
    awizCustomX5 
    CustomX5 likes this.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Re: 24hours later the screen is shattered

Ouch. Total blower.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Get a case on that new one ASAP!

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Mercury81 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I thought I was bad busting mine on Day 4!

Well if you have the AD&D coverage(whatever it's called....pretty sure it isn't Accidental Death & Dismemberment...but you get the idea ), it shouldn't be an issue. I can drive over my phone with a bulldozer, put it in a blender, pour acid on it, then light it on fire.....and get a new one. (I can actually even lose it and still get a replacement). Problem when I busted mine, I didn't have the insurance on it, and had to get it fixed out of my own pocket before I got the insurance.~$300 later, I got a case, and the insurance.

Hope you have good luck. And like Markster1 said, put that new one in a case ASAP! Preferably a ballistic one with screen protector. Wrap it like a newborn baby.

Bummer! I got mine from Best Buy and bought the Black Tie Protection also. Would be interesting on hearing how you were treated.

Sent from my Awesome Note 2 using Android Central Forums

Wow.
    I watched the video of the guy doing the drop test. He dropped it from his pants pocket height, then his shirt pocket height, then ear height.
    In each instance the only thing that happened was the batter cover coming off and the battery falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Wow.
    I watched the video of the guy doing the drop test. He dropped it from his pants pocket height, then his shirt pocket height, then ear height.
    In each instance the only thing that happened was the batter cover coming off and the battery falling out.
    Not to mention massive chipping away at all the edged areas. By the way you are the first person I've seen in a long time who I quoted that didn't have that stupid "sent from my blahhh blah blah" line lol I hate that crap. I always erase it from my quotes.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Not to mention massive chipping away at all the edged areas. By the way you are the first person I've seen in a long time who I quoted that didn't have that stupid "sent from my blahhh blah blah" line lol I hate that crap. I always erase it from my quotes.
    Lol, I hadn't noticed that.

Default 24hours later the screen is shattered

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    I don't understand why it would bother you that much. If people want it on let them have it on.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Wow.
    Ya it can be strong. But if it hits the sweet spit. Even a fall from a couple feet will break the screen.

I dropped mine from just over waist high. On the street. No Case no damage

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPDOG View Post
    Yes it is true I bought the Note II from Best Buy yesterday for my wife's birthday present.
    She calls me this afternoon and tells me that she dropped it from waist height on to the tile
    floor and the screen shattered. I did opt for the Best Buy replacement plan but reading some
    of the reviews about the plan is starting to worry me a bit. We are taking it in tomorrow to
    see if they hold true on their promise to replace the phone on the spot with a new Note II.

I will post pictures of the damage for everyone to cringe tomorrow and report back on the
    Best Buy warranty experience.
    tsk tsk, if only the democrats were able to pass their single payer insurance plan
    your phone could get the screen transplant it desperately needs to survive

(sorry couldn't help myself given your user pic)
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Motorola Q > Blackberry Pearl > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm 2 > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Note 2
    landshark32 likes this.

That's awful!
    I need a tissue.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Thank you. It's a good reminder to me to get insurance. That's part of why I want to buy through Costco: 2 years for $100.That would be $240 through Verizon, plus I know Costco is good about returns and replacements. Do let us know how it goes with the Best Buy replacement.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I have a few friends that have used best buys protection plans/....most of the time they replaced the device no questions asked. How much is the coverage?

I haven't had any issues with using Best Buy's protection plans. My cats were fighting and one jump up on my office desk and knocked the 32" tv that I use for a second monitor on the floor and shattered it. Took it in, told them what happened and walked out with a new TV.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Yikes...I just hugged my N2 a little closer to myself.
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow, that's sucks.....any word on if the insurance will cover it?

Nice pistol too.....
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Just returned from Best Buy the customer service was good but they definitely do not hand you a new phone.
    Instead they offer you a loaner phone (pos bottom of the line droid) for a $50 deposit. We still have a Droid X so didn't need the loaner.
    The mobile rep said that it should only be a few days before we get a fixed phone, not a new one like stated before. Although he did state that the product was back ordered and could take up to 2 weeks, never the less I was not surprised at the warranty just was hoping for a better out come.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Wow, that's sucks.....any word on if the insurance will cover it?

Nice pistol too.....
    Thanks S&W M&P 9c daily carry

Oh! I see you have a phone on VERIZON. I have not heard of this carrier VERIZON before? Can you tell me about their high-speed VERIZON 4G LTE network and next-generation smartphones?

I have the same pistol. It's a real nice gun.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine is a Glock 23. .40 cal.

I just called Verizon and Best Buy here in Hickory, NC and asked about their warranty.

Best Buy- $10/month or $159.98 for two years. If you lose it, bash it or smash it, you're not covered. Nada, zip, zilch and SOL. If it quits working and it's an in store repair and it takes longer than five days to repair it, you get a brand new in the box phone. If they have to send it off for repair and it takes more than two weeks to get it back, you get a brand new in the box phone. You'll get a loaner phone while you wait.

Verizon- $7/month. If you lose it, bash it, smash it, run over it with a tank or your ex-girlfriend steals it you can file a claim online or on the phone, pay a $100 deductible and have a replacement phone shipped to you overnight (on a weekday). You don't need to return it or go to a Verizon store. Over a two year period with the deductible that comes to $268. For $10/month you get the same plan plus antivirus and some kind of technical support. Don't need that with Android Central online.

I'll buy at Verizon. Oh, and she said I could buy the N2 full price and not have to lose my unlimited data or wait for my upgrade period to come around.

HTH
    Rob

I carry a Walther PPKS .380. I'm a civilian and my combat scenario would probably with one guy within six feet. This pistol is easy to carry and would make the attacker stop what he was doing quickly. If I missed an attacker in my house it would probably not go through two layers of drywall and hit my kids in the next room. I thought it was the best weapon for me. Double action too.
    Last edited by ThunderboltRob; 12-06-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    yankeesusa likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast