Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By scorpiodsu
  • 1 Post By atlas9171
  • 4 Post By infmethod
  • 2 Post By Nibs
  • 1 Post By jodyberry
  • 4 Post By leroybrute
  • 1 Post By DvineMzM
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default People commenting about the size of the phone...

Anyone else encountering a lot of interested/skeptical comments about the phone when you're out?

I buy coffee every morning and pay with the Starbucks app, and every day so far without fail, I've gotten comments. Not sure if they're good or bad.. If they're intrigued or think it's ridiculous. But they're mostly of the "that's a huge phone!" variety. Some have asked if it's an iPad Mini, haha..

Meanwhile, I can't even pick up my old Thunderbolt without thinking it's tiny as hell anymore.

Default Re: People commenting about the size of the phone...

Get that all the time, get asked if its an ipad mini all the time and occasionally if its a galaxy tab.

I encounter lots of people holding it to their ear and laughing.
    At which point I say "I've been using a BT headset since my first smartphone (the Treo 700P), anyone who wants to hold a slick, hot, odd to hold phone to the side of their head is a moron".

My wife makes fun of it and I'm surprised that I'm not bothered by the size as much as I thought I would be. But it may just be chat I need because I use my devices to browse and be on apps and I barely talk on the phone. I think you just have to think of it not really being just a phone anymore. But something different. And I was on this for a few hours and picked up my SG3 and it's seemed small and cramped.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    meerbot and karsdroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    Anyone else encountering a lot of interested/skeptical comments about the phone when you're out?

I buy coffee every morning and pay with the Starbucks app, and every day so far without fail, I've gotten comments. Not sure if they're good or bad.. If they're intrigued or think it's ridiculous. But they're mostly of the "that's a huge phone!" variety. Some have asked if it's an iPad Mini, haha..

Meanwhile, I can't even pick up my old Thunderbolt without thinking it's tiny as hell anymore.
    Ain't that the truth OP. Looking at my Thunderbolt sitting next to my Note 2 right now. It's funny how a device that used to be a massive lump in your pocket (c wut i did thar) is now just a toy. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. I guess until we get some crazy holo projector type displays cell phone screens are going in reverse to the tech shrinkage craze lol.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yeah seriously... How I look at the Thunderbolt now is basically how small I thought the old iPhones were. It's crazy.

Any time somebody makes a comment in regards to the size of it being huge I simply say..."That's what she said"

Obviously it only works when they don't specifically mention the phone.
    scorpiodsu likes this.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Samung Ics Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I encounter lots of people holding it to their ear and laughing.
    At which point I say "I've been using a BT headset since my first smartphone (the Treo 700P), anyone who wants to hold a slick, hot, odd to hold phone to the side of their head is a moron".
    Bt headset..... :-D same here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.

I get comments every day but once they play with it, they start praising it and saying it is a perfect size. I just got a bluetooth headset so I don't have to take it out for my music and phone calls.

It's quite scary how fast the size went from wow, this is huge to, this feels perfectly natural and wish I would've had a 5.5" display 3 years ago. I hold it up to my head and I don't care what anyone could possibly say. I dominate!

My girlfriend said "that things huge!" and I replied......"you should see my phone!" Thank you ...tip your waitstaff, Ill be here all weekend.......Its really the same size as the Garmin GPS in my truck. Wow....I also got the ipad mini comment.
    Sales rep at Tmo( I bought the body glove case there for my vzw note2) laughed saying that it was a" fad phone, and that it is going away as fast as it came in." Held up his s3, and said "this is a practical phone" I commended him for his exceptional sales ability to push the current products offered in his store. Wow.....

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Most people I've used my phone infront of think it's ridiculous and overkill. I'm just like enjoy your iphone, buddy.
    jackwagon06 and karsdroid like this.

I haven't had many people notice yet. In fact, Sometimes I even TRY to make them notice!! Putting it down on a table in plain site, holding it up when they take their phones out, etc.

I even did the cool S-pen notepad, when I asked someone for his email at a network meeting, I was writing it down as he told me. Thought he'd be impressed/surprised, but nothing! I guess some people aren't tech geeks like us!!
    Last edited by jodyberry; 12-07-2012 at 10:46 AM.

I can feel the stares on my train commute when I pull it out. Several people stare over my shoulder to see the 5.5 inch goodness. Games and movies really pop on this thing. I was given big hands to hold this beast!!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Surprisingly, anyone in public that takes notice of my Note actually asks "Is that the new Note II?!". Even more surprising... they were all iPhone ppl :what: This phone is definitely gaining momentum with a lot of the iPhone crowd. They're late to the party, but they're still invited

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

I've had to comment so far asking about it. Personally Icould care less if people think it's to big. I I just tell them it's the best phone I have ever owned.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by jackwagon06 View Post
    My girlfriend said "that things huge!" and I replied......"you should see my phone!" Thank you ...tip your waitstaff, Ill be here all weekend.......Its really the same size as the Garmin GPS in my truck. Wow....I also got the ipad mini comment.
    Sales rep at Tmo( I bought the body glove case there for my vzw note2) laughed saying that it was a" fad phone, and that it is going away as fast as it came in." Held up his s3, and said "this is a practical phone" I commended him for his exceptional sales ability to push the current products offered in his store. Wow.....
    People said 4 - 4.3" phones were never going to be a hit as well at first. Now anything under that is basically unacceptable.

Oddly enough the S3 really isn't that much smaller overall. It's like.. A cm on each end of the device. That's nothing.

People need to hold a Note 2 in their hands to be convinced I guess... It absolutely is the best phone I've ever owned.

Note 2 > S3 > iPhone 4S > DNA > Thunderbolt > Droid 1 > BlackBerry Pearl > the dark ages pre-smartphones

Every time someone says it's too big I hand it to them and say put it in your pocket. Then one of two things happen: they say, "Wow it doesn't feel that big.", or it doesn't fit. When it doesn't fit I ask them to put their own phone in the same pocket, lo and behold that phone doesn't fit either. Then I ask to see their phone which I use to barely cover my screen.

After they've opened up to it one picture from paper artist leaves them wishing. More meat for the meat eaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinaire View Post
    They're late to the party, but they're still invited
    Love this comment!!!
    CeeDotSmith likes this.

I haven't had any negative comments on mine yet. And I could care less if anyone does give a negative comment. But I do have an issue with someone calling me or anyone else a moron for putting it up to my ear instead of a bluetooth. I do use a bluetooth but I don't leave it dangling from my ear 24/7.

ROM
    AOKP / Franco Kernel

I went to a hipster rock party in San Francisco and EVERYONE was filming/snapping pics with their teeny tiny little Iphones. Needless to say when I busted my note, it turned a lot of heads. It was very weird. ...I felt like that guy in the Samsung commercial for the gs3

If my Note 2 and Nexus could have a baby, I would cheat on both and commit phonophelia.

Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    I haven't had any negative comments on mine yet. And I could care less if anyone does give a negative comment. But I do have an issue with someone calling me or anyone else a moron for putting it up to my ear instead of a bluetooth. I do use a bluetooth but I don't leave it dangling from my ear 24/7.
    +1. This phone may be difficult at times to operate with one hand, but holding the phone up to my ear with one hand still works just fine. I'll start wearing a bluetooth more often than just while driving when I need two hands to hold up a "phone" to my ear. I'll admit the image of that is ridiculous.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by atlas9171 View Post
    Any time somebody makes a comment in regards to the size of it being huge I simply say..."That's what she said"
    YES !!! ITS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!.... my favorite is ,,, "thats so much bigger than mine".........THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I've had lots of stares but no comments so far. I could really care less though... this is the absolute BEST phone I have ever owned! I take any opportunity to convert the masses and show them just how awesome the GN2 really is.
    leroybrute likes this.

I carry the Note2 in a holster on my hip. A beautiful lady walks over and asks what I am packing there. I say "If you push the power button on this bad boy you will see the biggest display of my favorite toy you have ever seen." She slapped me... Then I woke up... Damn...