1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon sucks!

Ok my question to you fine folks is this, IF the note2 is a huge hit along the lines of the s3 do you think by the time the note3 and the s4 comes out that samsung would have the clout to demand that verizon release the damn phones with all the features that samsung intends for them to have ? I had the s3 on verizon and totally loved it LOVED it my best experience with android to date . i now have the note2 and while i do love it i find it very frustrating that some things have been done away with just to suite verizon . its almost like they dont want this phone to be a hit . I can only sit back and hope samsung keeps on puting out better and better devices so maybe they can stand up to verizon the same way apple does .
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Verizon sucks!

The note will not be quite as big as the SGS3 but I get where you are coming from. Verizon likes to f with things a ton. I do not think it has much to do with clout because samsung has it. I have no idea why they let some things get hacked up like they do, other than greed on Verizons part.

If I am reading things right, nothing major is missing from the core, jsut things rearranged or left in uneasy places.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman29 View Post
    Ok my question to you fine folks is this, IF the note2 is a huge hit along the lines of the s3 do you think by the time the note3 and the s4 comes out that samsung would have the clout to demand that verizon release the damn phones with all the features that samsung intends for them to have ? I had the s3 on verizon and totally loved it LOVED it my best experience with android to date . i now have the note2 and while i do love it i find it very frustrating that some things have been done away with just to suite verizon . its almost like they dont want this phone to be a hit . I can only sit back and hope samsung keeps on puting out better and better devices so maybe they can stand up to verizon the same way apple does .
    Yup I'm with you unfortunately they have the best service where I live so I just deal with it. Root it like most of us are doing.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

yeah ill get around to rooting it . and its nothing missing thats a deal breaker its just little things that do make the device better . and for some reason it just irks the hell out of me . i guess if i hadnt already owned the s3 i wouldnt no the difference . and the sevice is for sure top notch dont get me wrong . but i paid full retail and it just seems like im getting hosed a little lol .
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

at this point i would LOVE the freedom to purcase the device direct from samsung and also have my choice of any carrier including verizon for the service . thats a pipe dream i know. i guess i can sit and hope att keeps improving there network .......
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I waited and got lucky. Sprint rolled out LTE in about 75% of where I go. Some of it is crappy, but it is better than verizon messing with my stuff, and they have a bit better track record with updates. Tmo and ATT suck here.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Sadly regardless of how successful the phone is Verizon dictates terms and what they will and will not put on the network and if you want on you play by their rules. That means crippling crap, I remember when they crippled Bluetooth when it launched on a flip phone for the first time on Verizon. They got sued, had to pay a paltry sum to consumers and that didn't change their policy one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman29 View Post
    The reviews for the GN2 have been fabulous and many find it to be the best android device available.
    That being said the GN2 is still a niche device.
    It will never sell as many units as the S3 or iPhone.
    The GN2 will not even sell more units ON VERIZON as the DNA or RAZR HD.
    The 5.5" screen and $299 price will keep it from being a volume device.
    Also, as many have said, BIG RED dictates terms of phones on it's network.
    They turned the original iPhone down because of the terms that Apple demanded.
    It still eats at them to this day that they had to give in to Apple on those terms (because the iPhone had gotten so big they couldn't afford to not carry it).
    VZW feels that their network is bigger than any one phone as most devices have about a 6 month sales window. By that time sales fall off because newer phones come out.
    Samsung has a different philosophy than Apple.
    They are going for volume. They don't much care if VZW cripples a few features or puts its logo on the Home button.
    They are providing their devices to as many sellers as possible with very few restrictions or demands.
    You can find Samsung devices on virtually every carrier around the world.
    Samsung will certainly have the Flagships of their line the S4 and Note 3 available on the largest US network next year.
    And BIG RED will still dictate terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Sadly regardless of how successful the phone is Verizon dictates terms and what they will and will not put on the network and if you want on you play by their rules. That means crippling crap, I remember when they crippled Bluetooth when it launched on a flip phone for the first time on Verizon. They got sued, had to pay a paltry sum to consumers and that didn't change their policy one bit.
    They were also sued and forced to open wifi and GPS.

I seem to remember how Verizon refused to sell the iPhone when it first came out and how tons of people left so they could get it and how much it hurt Verizon's pocket book. I don't think Verizon thinks much about what the costumer wants, they only think about what they want and how to make you buy into their bloatware. Not having the nexus 4, while seeing how fast and how much that is being sold is just the iPhone deal all over again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Da View Post
    I seem to remember how Verizon refused to sell the iPhone when it first came out and how tons of people left so they could get it and how much it hurt Verizon's pocket book. I don't think Verizon thinks much about what the costumer wants, they only think about what they want and how to make you buy into their bloatware. Not having the nexus 4, while seeing how fast and how much that is being sold is just the iPhone deal all over again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    They get a pass on the iPhone. It was something they had never seen before and they though that the potential for fall was greater than the profit potential considering the terms apple lays out.

The N4 will never gain sgs3 or note status to the consumer until they start adding in features that they can show off. Pure android is not a selling point to the consumer. Hardware mostly isn't either... A commercial beaming photos or using tablet features is

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I agree with you 100%. Some apps are not applicable to this device like other models of note 2s.