Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By arundc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LOVE the Note II, but one issue with calendar settings

Anyone else not having the settings in the stock calendar or the Samsung calendar apps stick when you change them? I change the notification ringtone for both and turn off the 'Turn the screen on for new notifications' setting on the Samsung calendar and when the phone is restarted, those settings revert to what they were when I got the phone. Very annoying and having the screen come on for all of my meeting notifications is NOT what I want - it meant the screen was on for 6.5 hours that first day.

Anyone else seeing this at all?

Thanks.

Default Re: LOVE the Note II, but one issue with calendar settings

Yes I have this same problem and it annoys me.
    Did you ever find a solution?

I had the same problem & ended up disabling the app that I DIDN'T want to use (in my case, Samsung calendar), now I don't have the problem. It seems like similar apps fight with each other with the settings.

Thanks, I removed google calendar (and the setings stuck) as, although i like it and use it on my laptop browser too, I prefer the fuctionality of s planner on the Note 2 (being able to move and re-size events with out manually changing date and time).
    Only problem is now i get a sync error and cannot get my s planner to sync to my google calendar online. AAAHHH!
    If only google calendar app had same functionality of the desktop/browser version.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchusmarsh View Post
    If only google calendar app had same functionality of the desktop/browser version.
    I agree completely!

Ok I have a solution!

Removed google calendar app and removed my google account from the phone (note 2), then re-added my google account, clear data of s- planner (not sure if this was necessary) and restart phone.
    The s - planner settings stick and I have sync with my google account/calendar... finally.

I had to diable both the Samsung Calendar and the Samsung Calendar Widget. After that, my Google Calendar settings stick. Cool.

This is why i use "Business Calendar". So much better.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Stock Google for everything as much as possible. Once I am ready for upgrade, I will be rocking AOSP on my Note 2.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kentman View Post
    I had to diable both the Samsung Calendar and the Samsung Calendar Widget. After that, my Google Calendar settings stick. Cool.
    How do you disable the Samsung Calendar? I get two reminders for the same events now...other being from the Google Calendar app. Thanks.
    ~Galaxy Note II, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Xoom (All four being 4G LTE), iPad2, iPad3 (Both WiFi)

Quote Originally Posted by arundc View Post
    How do you disable the Samsung Calendar? I get two reminders for the same events now...other being from the Google Calendar app. Thanks.
    Go into Settings > Application Manager > swipe until All apps are showing > find & tap on Calendar (make sure it's your Samsung one) > choose Disable

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
    Go into Settings > Application Manager > swipe until All apps are showing > find & tap on Calendar (make sure it's your Samsung one) > choose Disable
    Thank you, it worked! FINALLY :-)
    ~Galaxy Note II, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Xoom (All four being 4G LTE), iPad2, iPad3 (Both WiFi)
    nlitenme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by arundc View Post
    Thank you, it worked! FINALLY :-)
    No problem, enjoy!