Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 5.42 GB available space on my Note 2 - How about you?

I got My Precious Note 2 on day 1 at Verizon. I'm now down to 5.42 GB of free internal space after downloading around 60 apps, including 2 large games at 1-1/2 GB each (Asphalt 6 and 7 racing games).

Even updating the Asphalt 7 game this morning took up a bit of space. Prior to the Asphalt 7 update, I was at 5.60 GB free space, after the update it's now 5.42 GB left. I'm almost reluctant now to update any more games! At this rate, I will run out of memory before Christmas, haha!

I also have a 64 GB Sandisk Ultra micro-SD card installed, and that's already half filled with videos, pics, docs, music. Given the physical size of the Note 2, Samsung could have easily installed a 128GB or 256GB SSD internal memory similar to high end laptops.

Oh well, that's my rant for the day. I am enjoying My Precious nevertheless!
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: 5.42 GB available space on my Note 2 - How about you?

Here's a screenshot of my Storage app:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.42 GB available space on my Note 2 - How about you?-screenshot_2012-12-07-07-52-40.png  
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Seems like each day it goes down a little more. I have 8.35Gb free space. But only 1.42 is from apps.

Miscellaneous files is at 5.89Gb and IDK where that comes from?~ Some of my apps have files there but the largest file is 83mb and everything else is in kb. Nothing larger.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

I too would love know what the Misc files are comprised of. That is roughly the amount used right after I did a full reset.

Miscellaneous files is at 5.89Gb and IDK where that comes from?~ Some of my apps have files there but the largest file is 83mb and everything else is in kb. Nothing larger.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

System critical files. Basically the OS and probably stuff like S Note are included there.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I have been reading on ways to move the larger apps and their associated data to the ext. storage or at least keeping them on my tablet instead of hogging up my phone storage. There are a few methods but I have to first remove bloatware then get down to other stuff.

I'm down to 5gb of storage already. I have a 64gb sd but until I can put apps on it the phone is going to fillup quick

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Neal0790 View Post
    I'm down to 5gb of storage already. I have a 64gb sd but until I can put apps on it the phone is going to fillup quick
    If you root can you move it to the SD card?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    If you root can you move it to the SD card?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    I'm not to sure. I thought I read somewhere that you can but I've only owned the phone for a week now coming from the I phone so I'm still learning. If anyone knows feel free to comment since I'm wondering too.